GDT: [#63] Thorntonless Stars @ Carolina Deadline Acquisitions/AHL Tendies, 6:00 PM CST (FSSW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Hearing Razor talk about the tandem and how it might be tough to keep it intact given Dobby needing a raise. I'm all for a $1M raise for the guy for 2 more years. $3.5 AAV. make it happen Nill.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Canes take a ton of shots that have no chance of going in against any kind of competent goalie.

Reactions: The Tourist

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Another game we had no business winning and did. Add it to the list.

Meh scoring chances have felt equal if not in our favor. Stars could actually be up by a few more goals too. Not a lot of shots but felt like most were great scoring chances

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars are one of the leaders in giving up the least quality chances in the league and Canes take a ton of terrible shots. Offensively the Stars are the exact opposite . They don't take alot of shots but when they shoot its almost allways high danger.

Last edited:
Reactions: LatvianTwist

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Did we ? Canes shot alot but i wasn't exactly afraid any of those could actually go in

Exactly. The shots were 19 to 1 in the 3rd. Dallas obviously wasn't trying to do anything offensively but out of those 19 shots I can't think of any that I considered dangerous chances.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way i just rewatched a bit of the game and quite a few of the Canes shots are from dump ins from center ice or the just inside/outside that Dobby just bounced to a Stars defenseman. I don't consider that to be a SOG maybe thats just me.

I mean sure they would've gone in if there was nobody in goal but thats not going to challenge any goaltender.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Huh, so the trade deadline losers beat the trade deadline champions...it's almost like if you already have a good team with no real holes, it's best not to mess with chemistry and instead just sit back and let them keep winning.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Huh, so the trade deadline losers beat the trade deadline champions...it's almost like if you already have a good team with no real holes, it's best not to mess with chemistry and instead just sit back and let them keep winning.
Hcanes were playing their 3rd goalie lmao

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

It's one game.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Hearing Razor talk about the tandem and how it might be tough to keep it intact given Dobby needing a raise. I'm all for a $1M raise for the guy for 2 more years. $3.5 AAV. make it happen Nill.

Trade one of Comeau or Cogliano this summer to make room. This roster is old and slow. Moving out a couple of older players to make room for Kivi, Robertson, Cammano/Gardner makes sense. Frees up salary and hopefully returns a decent draft pick which the Stars don't have near enough of. Then there should be enough cap space to retain Dobby. He's too good to let go over a measly $1m/yr.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Trade one of Comeau or Cogliano this summer to make room. This roster is old and slow. Moving out a couple of older players to make room for Kivi, Robertson, Cammano/Gardner makes sense. Frees up salary and hopefully returns a decent draft pick which the Stars don't have near enough of. Then there should be enough cap space to retain Dobby. He's too good to let go over a measly $1m/yr.
I'd be down with that.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm perfectly fine with trading Cogliano or Comeau, but let's not forget they aren't prime assets. They much closer to a Gonchar type situation where you're looking for an equally rough contract in return. The other option would be paying someone to take them, and that's not something Nill has demonstrated he's willing to do.

More so with Comeau, you could get luckily because he's only at $2.4 million. A team that really wanted leadership might take him for nothing, but again ... Dallas has been a team that needed leadership, and I have a hard time seeing Nill moving him. Cogliano would be the one I could see Nill moving, but he's the harder one to move.

Thankfully, you can sign Khudobin without moving either. You'd only need to move a forward with salary if you were looking to add a forward with salary .... and personally ... I think they should. My vote is still Faksa though. He's valuable in a trade, he won't be difficult to move, and you already have a replacement that will cost half as much in Dickinson ... and you have Dickinson's replacements who will cost half as much as him (almost) in Gardner and Dellandrea.

If you can move Cogliano, do it, but don't do it just take a bad contract back, and don't add a sweetener to make it happen.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Goes to show how overrated the trade deadline is. If you have a good thing going no need to rock the boat to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad