GDT: #63: Sharks at FLYERS, Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Person101

Jul 12, 2019
They're at home, carrying 12 forwards with Farabee, Bunnaman and Frost at LHV.
On the road, they'll bring at least one of the kids.
For the playoffs, they can carry 23 (14/7/2).
Thank You. It's been a long day, I knew I wasn't reading it right.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Farabee deserved to get sent down as his recent play has been sub par. He responded well to his last AHL stint. He will be back in the mix a better man and no longer a teenager.

What specifically (details please) made his recent play subpar & deserving of an AHL demotion? The more detailed the better please.

He’ll be back in the mix as a better man eh? Are you privy to the kind of man he is? Do you know him personally?

*He turned 20 today (2/25)*

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This game just seems more boring now.
Definitely some wind out of my sails, but hopefully that can be rectified with a nice little win to keep pace with the 0-0-82 Blue Jackets

Either the wind is out of my sails or Grant possibly in the middle 6 is making me constantly fart. It could be either

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I just don't want to see Grant on 2LW.

Grinder Line
JVR-Hayes-TK
Raffl-Laughton-NAK
Grant-Thompson-Pitlick

My god. This team so much needs Patrick.

And I hope Ghost will be in instead Hogg.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
This game is more interesting to me now.

Thompson has more personality than Bunnaman as a 4C.

Then there’s the line question: Who plays 2LW & 3C. I’m curious.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Our playoffs lineup (I hope):

Grinder line
Farabee-Hayes-TK
JVR-Patrick-NAK
Raffl-Laughton-Pitlick
Grant/Thompson

It would be best lineup for us!

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I just don't want to see Grant on 2LW.

Grinder Line
JVR-Hayes-TK
Raffl-Laughton-NAK
Grant-Thompson-Pitlick

My god. This team so much needs Patrick.

And I hope Ghost will be in instead Hogg.
If Grant is your 2L, probably not good.

That’s JVR or Laughton.

Grant gives AV the option of playing Laughton at LW.

But he may prefer to keep him at C.

Thompson will fit right in on line 4. There’s no question about his role.

Grant is a sliding piece.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
If Grant is your 2L, probably not good.

That’s JVR or Laughton.

Grant gives AV the option of playing Laughton at LW.

But he may prefer to keep him at C.

Thompson will fit right in on line 4. There’s no question about his role.

Grant is a sliding piece.
I still hope Laughton will not be in TOP6. He hasnt talent for that. I prefer JVR there.

Else I agree at all.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
What specifically (details please) made his recent play subpar & deserving of an AHL demotion? The more detailed the better please.
What are Farabee’s points when not playing with Couturier?
What is his PP production rate?
Can he win draws or is he a PK asset?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I still hope Laughton will not be in TOP6. He hasnt talent for that. I prefer JVR there.

Else I agree at all.
I don’t know. I think the value of adding Grant was the versatility.

I’m not opposed to giving JVR another shot at 2L with Hayes & TK.

But Laughton could be better there. And that’s possible now since Grant can replace Laughton at 3C.

I’m leaning:
Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Laughton-Hayes-TK
JVR-Grant-Pitlick
Raffl—Thompson-NAK

Reactions: Tripod

Irvdog13

Jan 20, 2020
What specifically (details please) made his recent play subpar & deserving of an AHL demotion? The more detailed the better please

He’ll be back in the mix as a better man eh? Are you privy to the kind of man he is? Do you know him personally?

*He turned 20 today (2/25)*
He hasn't been managing the puck the way AV expects, he has been squeezing the stick a little on his shooting attempts. He has had his minutes reduced in the third period a couple of times recently. He will get bAck into action with more confidence in a bit.
As far as being a better man....it was a bit of a play on his age.

Last edited:
Reactions: tucson83

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We’re the only “buyers” at the deadline that could add two players and make the roster look worse. FFS
It's not like Farabee is being replaced with Stewart.

We are replacing 20 points in 49 games Farabee, with 20 points in 49 games in Grant. We are also adding a bigger player, a guy who can play C, take FO's, and kill penalties. Oh, and he has as many PP points as Farabee.

Personally, I wish both were playing and Grant was the #4C and Thompson the extra guy. But I can also see them wanting to see where these fit going forwards and who they have chemistry with.

They know what Farabee is and what he brings, and doesn't bring. Just like they found out by trial and error with NAK, Twar, Pimp, Rubstov, Bunny, Kase, etc... We WILL have injuries and Farabee will play again. He has not been exiled for the year. With only 2 games the next 11 days in LV, it gives him a breather in a very long season that he is not accustomed to.

I am more interested to see if Grant spends time at C, moving Laughton to wing or stays at wing. Does he play on the PK right away to lessen guys like Couts/Hayes hard minutes. And if Grants easier matchups and much better linemates show an even better player than Ducks fans have been raving about and want to re-sign in the summer. They love him for a reason. I want to see why....and it might take a few games to see that. Time will tell.

But in the end, just beat this SJ team that we always lose to. We need the points.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Farabee and Bunny are collateral to the vets wanting something, anything done at the deadline.
Fletch is at least smart enough to know theres no checkmate move out there so he hits the bargain bin to placate the vets

Likely Grant ends up 4C, Thompson ends up in the pressbox and Farabee is back once playoffs start.

Only issue is we go on a late season run w/o our optimal lineup and guys are out longer than they should.

Reactions: sa cyred

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
Farabee and Bunny are collateral to the vets wanting something, anything done at the deadline.
Fletch is at least smart enough to know theres no checkmate move out there so he hits the bargain bin to placate the vets

Likely Grant ends up 4C, Thompson ends up in the pressbox and Farabee is back once playoffs start.

Only issue is we go on a late season run w/o our optimal lineup and guys are out longer than they should.

Fletcher was on Flyers Fix Ep 3 and even said Farabee will be up soon and that we absolutely will need him down the stretch. He wants Farabee to get more offensive time down in the AHL and wants to get his offensive confidence back so he can contribute later. Nothing wrong with that imo. I really think we are just trying to get a "look" at the lineup with both new guys in. Grant will stick and Thompson will likely enjoy some popcorn.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Fletcher was on Flyers Fix Ep 3 and even said Farabee will be up soon and that we absolutely will need him down the stretch. He wants Farabee to get more offensive time down in the AHL and wants to get his offensive confidence back so he can contribute later. Nothing wrong with that imo. I really think we are just trying to get a "look" at the lineup with both new guys in. Grant will stick and Thompson will likely enjoy some popcorn.

Offensive confidence and Phantoms are not two words that have gone together very well this year!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Can't wait to see where these guys play in the lineup. Going to be rich.

Again. I believe both are capable of marginally upgrding 4C. Together, they are logjammers. Their casualties suck.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Alright, deadline day foolishness is over. Put those damn skates on and keep winning.

I don't care who is on the team as long as they're playing well and winning. Gotta say that their last few wins have felt "lucky," like the kind of wins you get at the end of a winning streak when your luck is running out.

Do the moves yesterday kind of re-energize the team?

Saw a tweet yesterday that only 3 of the last 10+ cup winners made significant moves at the trade deadline. So, I guess we should plan the parade.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

This is what I am hoping. It is kind of insane they are looking at him as the 2nd line LW.

But I fully expect him to play there sometime tonight and score a goal of course lol

Reactions: Appleyard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad