GDT: #63 - Sabres vs. Flyers at 7 PM ET on NBCSN and WGR

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
You’re not wrong. But if you don’t the difference between the two well then...

I never once indicated Skinner had equal value to Stone. Was just saying that simply stating "has never his 70 points" isn't enough it when it comes to describing why Skinner won't get Stone money.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Hutton allowing that weak first goal through his arm deflated the team, and we all know how this team plays when they get down on themselves.

Reactions: Ralonzo

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
So that's what housley meant when he was talking about internal competition...

Time to tank for 8th again and maybe get Phil fired

I have issues with Phil, but there is a roster composition issue as well.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
If these guys can't get more than 15 points in the last 19 games, something like 7-11-1, which is better than their most recent 3 month trend, they will have turned this season into not even being able to pass Bylsma's best year here.

Holy shit.

Reactions: sabremike

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
f*** Phil. Literally. The mistakes were on the ice tonight. But maybe they don't happen if the player usage is even remotely right.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
What game were you watching tonight?
An entire seasons worth. Hartman had more impact in this game than Erod or Sheary because both their heads were on swivels. We are soft. Erod and Sheary are a big reason why.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I wouldn’t go that far. But attitude reflects leadership. And our team attitude sucks.
I was being incredibly sarcastic. The attitude was great when Hutton's HOF numbers hid the roster issues. The attitude will seem great again when we field a real hockey team, and I and many posters will continue to be obnoxious "pessimists" just like last summer until we feel that the roster might actually stand a chance in a long NHL season.

The fake problems that people always drum up will magically melt away whenever we feel like deciding to commit to that as an organization. It happened for that few-week stretch in November.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
And the soft/not soft axes are linearly independent of the good/bad hockey team axes. We need to get better f***ing hockey players.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Maybe our leaders should inspire rather than quit and sulk.

Inspire with their experience with???

When all you know in the NHL is losing, and are not taught what is expected to be successful in the league by the MAIN teacher, the guy behind the bench, tough to have any other options.

Reactions: kirby11

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I was being incredibly sarcastic. The attitude was great when Hutton's HOF numbers hid the roster issues. The attitude will seem great again when we field a real hockey team, and I and many posters will continue to be obnoxious "pessimists" just like last summer until we feel that the roster might actually stand a chance in a long NHL season.

The fake problems that people always drum up will magically melt away whenever we feel like deciding to commit to that as an organization. It happened for that few-week stretch in November.
Just making sure lol.

But I’ll be honest I had a problem with guys attitudes even during the 10 game heater. We love to whine about bounces instead of skating hard and creating the bounces.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC

When all you know in the NHL is losing, and are not taught what is expected to be successful in the league by the MAIN teacher, the guy behind the bench, tough to have any other options.
You don’t have to experience winning to know how to motivate others to win. It’s not like they’ve been on shitty teams their entire lives. Yes, the NHL is tougher. It means these guys need to play tougher and get more psyched up to play.
Housley and Bogo need to be gone this off season. Risto I can give another year but wouldn’t be too upset if they got rid of him.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
An entire seasons worth. Hartman had more impact in this game than Erod or Sheary because both their heads were on swivels. We are soft. Erod and Sheary are a big reason why.
I'll take Erod over the majority of the Sabres and Flyers forwards including Hartman....

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Phil isn't the guy to teach winning. As a player, what has Phil ever won?

As a coach, his only significant accomplishment has been the Team USA IIHF U20 Gold.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Please. If you don't realize he is part of the problem then I don't know what to tell you. Perceived energy but plays just die between his ears. Fast guys are great. Soft dumb fast guys just take up space and create the illusion of offense. Throw sheary in that pile. We are so far from good if Erod and Sheary are competing for anything other than 4th line duty. I hate em both.

Taking everything I have not to attack this post so all I’m going to say is....Please join the rest of us in the post lockout era.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Evan Rodrigues' hockey brain is the only reason his 5th grader body can do anything in the NHL. When he screws up, it's because he's too ambitious for his physical skills.

Ironically, that you see hockey sense the way you do leaves me unsure of what to tell you.

This is probably the best and most accurate erod scouting report I have ever read

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I really dont consider either player to be soft. Are they physical impact players ... not really...but soft? The team seems soft as a whole...but that is more a compete level issue in my opinion. This might also be a reflection of their head coach who seems to have the passive unemotional style of coaching ...not sure but I think that is part of the problem. I think your description of Rodrigues in your previous post does fit Connor Sheary. But I think Evan Rodrigues is one of the most improved and hardest working Sabres through the season. I think he is more part of the solution moving forward than part of the problem. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad