GDT: #63 - Sabres vs. Flyers at 7 PM ET on NBCSN and WGR

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
They've won 1 of their last 7 games, and have played the last 3 months at a 65 point pace. I'm glad I got my anger out at this abominable roster situation in early January

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Rodrigues has been our best player tonight
Please. If you don't realize he is part of the problem then I don't know what to tell you. Perceived energy but plays just die between his ears. Fast guys are great. Soft dumb fast guys just take up space and create the illusion of offense. Throw sheary in that pile. We are so far from good if Erod and Sheary are competing for anything other than 4th line duty. I hate em both.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Wasn’t that supposed to be one of his strong suits coming out of the draft?

Yeah I thought so... but he looks like. 9’foot man backchecking half the time. Needs to work on skating and his shot/one timer. Dude should have like 15 bingos on the year. f*** I know I’m being hard on him I’m just really pissed hahaha

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Passing the puck to Sheary:

giphy.webp

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Every loss like this I hope it’s housleys last.
Not sure how a coach can continue to have a job when he coached the worst team in hockey last year, and now has had likely the greatest free fall from first place ever. Pitiful, really, and Botts job should be on the line as well for keeping him as the coach.

Reactions: kirby11

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Please. If you don't realize he is part of the problem then I don't know what to tell you. Perceived energy but plays just die between his ears. Fast guys are great. Soft dumb fast guys just take up space and create the illusion of offense. Throw sheary in that pile. We are so far from good if Erod and Sheary are competing for anything other than 4th line duty. I hate em both.
What game were you watching tonight?

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Evan Rodrigues' hockey brain is the only reason his 5th grader body can do anything in the NHL. When he screws up, it's because he's too ambitious for his physical skills.

Ironically, that you see hockey sense the way you do leaves me unsure of what to tell you.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Every loss like this I hope it’s housleys last.
I’m expecting him to make it the whole year. There will be questions about Housley being in the hot seat at the end of the year, Botts will say he’s safe, because it’s a process.

5 games into next season the team will come out flat, and Housley will be fired. We will replace him with Steve Smith or one of the other assistants, and waste another season. Then a new coach will be hired in January.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003

Clueless

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Jason Botterill:

“We’ve made progress as an organization compared to last year.”

“Our coach is safe.”

Sure seems like it Jason. Keep doing you.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Wasnt dahlin on the ice for like a 1:20 before the leafs eng? puck hit off the ref and he was gassed.

That's a coaching problem. Too many times this year he decides to play guys for a minute and a half and we get burned when the obvious turnover happens and everyone is too gassed to defend. He also pulls the goalie before we gain solid possession, doesnt match up lines, and thinks Scandella and Sobotka are more important to success than the much better players he sits. Hes a horrible coach, its plain as day.

I used to enjoy watching Sabres games. When everything else was going horribly wrong I could wind down and relax watching a mediocre team. Now it's just another stress filled two and a half hours wondering where it all went wrong. I was 100% on board with the tank, and now I feel that hockey gods are real and they scare the shit out of me.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
The only team worse than us since the win streak is the Senators and the only reason we're not tied with them is a few loser points. How does Housley still have a job? You can't have a team go from a 95% chance of making the playoffs to the worst team in the NHL.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Jason Botterill:

“We’ve made progress as an organization compared to last year.”

“Our coach is safe.”

Sure seems like it Jason. Keep doing you.

“We made progress as an organization compared to last year...”

Just ignore the fact I did the very minimum I could to put together a competitive roster that was last in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->