Line Combos: 63-37-?

Who is your “favorite” for Bergeron’s RW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Yet he's not being paid as a second line center, now is he? Guy makes more than anyone else on the team. You want to pretend he's supposed to be a second line center, feel free, but we both know you're only lying to yourself...

He was once a 1B center. Naturally over time one would have to expect him to regress to a #2. Like most centers eventually do. I'm not gunna hold Chiarelli's stupidity against the player. But I also don't want to excuse Krejci completely. Sure I wish he was a 1B for longer and I wish . But he's not. So he needs help. He's always needed help, maybe when he was playing with Horton and Lucic or Wheeler and Ryder we were giving Krejci too much credit?

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He was once a 1B center. Naturally over time one would have to expect him to regress to a #2. Like most centers eventually do. I'm not gunna hold Chiarelli's stupidity against the player. But I also don't want to excuse Krejci completely. Sure I wish he was a 1B for longer and I wish . But he's not. So he needs help. He's always needed help, maybe when he was playing with Horton and Lucic or Wheeler and Ryder we were giving Krejci too much credit?

See the issue I have, like you allude to, is that people always put it on the team to find this guy help. He's had plenty of world class wingers to play with. He had Ryder, Wheeler, Lucic, Horton, Iginla, Loui, Nash, etc. You can say what you want about last year and playing with younger guys, but that's what it is now. That's what the team needs. I think it says a lot about the player when last year he was the odd man out on a line with DeBrusk and Spooner, where those two had plenty of chemistry, but DK didn't really mesh.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Wrong again. I was always being disingenuous.

All I did was take your proposal and make it... Moreso. I've either made a good idea even better or a bad idea even worse.

Uh huh. Must have missed Kessel torching people on the ‘3rd line’ What a horrible idea. I voted to keep him with Bergeron, but if his is moved, I don’t want him skating next to Krejci.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
It's time to take Pastrnak off the top line. Marchand-Bergeron dominate regardless of who their RW is (except Jimmy Hayes, a testament to how bad he was in Boston).

DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak could be a great 2nd line the B's could rely on. I voted Bjork but I could see anyone of the 3 young wingers taking that spot.

Reactions: BiGBear8

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yet he's not being paid as a second line center, now is he? Guy makes more than anyone else on the team. You want to pretend he's supposed to be a second line center, feel free, but we both know you're only lying to yourself...

I mean realistically 7 million is what UFA high end 2nd line centers get now.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Sure now. But when exactly did he sign that deal? It wasn't this off season, was it?

Sure but you complaining about his salary now is kind of tired and pointless no? If he was a UFA today, him signing a 3x7.25 deal would be viewed as a smart signing of a veteran guy. He WAS screwed for a few years during the retool with crap wingers. He doesn't have an excuse now.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sure but you complaining about his salary now is kind of tired and pointless no? If he was a UFA today, him signing a 3x7.25 deal would be viewed as a smart signing of a veteran guy. He WAS screwed for a few years during the retool with crap wingers. He doesn't have an excuse now.

I'm not complaining about his salary now. I'm simply saying that as the highest paid player on the team, you'd think you could count on the guy to, you know, give an honest f***ing effort most nights? Instead, we get excuses about how bad his line mates are and that we need to break up one of the most dynamic offensive lines in the league just to get him going. Trust me when I say that the money is purely secondary to that nonsensical argument.

And you know what? That lack of effort most nights is why I wouldn't give him Pasta. If he's okay half assing it most nights, why waste a talent like that on him?

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Always find it amusing when people start complaining about Krejci.

Over the last 3 season, Krejci ranks 30th among NHL centers in production. Lets not stop there though, now lets look at this Krejci/Bergeron thing here.

Again over the last 3 seasons:

Krejci - 0.74 P/GP
Bergy - 0.83 P/GP

So the difference is 0.09 Pts/GP which over an 82 games season equates to 7.38 pts, but lets round up and call it 8pts. Krejci is treated like a bum and the plague yet his P/GP over the last 3 years is not far off from Bergeron, who B's fans are already planning his # raising ceremony and figuring out when he'll have the "C" on his jersey. I'd also argue (while some call it an excuse) that the quality of wingers that Bergy has had vs Krejci is not an 8 point difference lol.

Kind of sad that Krejci gets shit on, but he took a rookie in DeBrusk and helped him to be the 7th leading scorer on the team (DeBrusk has talked about how much of a mentor Krejci is and how much he's become one of his best friends). Oh then of course he had a center turned wing who was forced to play his off-wing and was a liability in his own end, but those things are not important when evaluating a player. Kind of like how people don't look at the landscape of the NHL when Krejci signed his extension. You know how he was 27yr old, coming off nearly a 70 points season and leading the playoff scoring in 2 of the 3 previous years.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Sounds like the guy making the decisions agrees with those of us interested in trying someone other than Pastrnak on the first line.

"Bergy and Marsh [Brad Marchand], what if we moved Pasta [David Pastrnak] down and tried Bjork back up there? We did that last year...Krech [David Krejci] and DeBrusk have good chemistry, and I’d imagine Pasta would. It would be exciting for him. I have seen them play together, so that’s more about as the year goes on, what’s better suited for us to win hockey games against the more balanced teams. Is it those guys being together as a trio or is it better split up? I think we’ll do both throughout the year...Our intention last year was to split them up, give us better balance. The injuries kind of threw everything out of whack, and they just kind of slotted in as we went, we just left it alone. You saw in the playoffs the scoring dried up. I’m not as quick as everyone just to say, “Well, you know . . ." (Q&A with Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy - The Boston Globe)

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad