Who is your “favorite” for Bergeron’s RW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
OBVIOUSLY, this will have to play out in camp and likely into the season...

But who is your favorite for taking that spot? Do you keep Pasta there? Or do you have a favorite of Donato, Bjork, Heinen or someone else for that spot? Fun little thing to screw things up... how do upcoming contract negotiations change (if at all) who you decide to play at that premium production spot? e.g. does a guy like Bjork who is NOT a pending RFA get a leg up? Do you go with the more skilled but weaker defensively Donato? The safe and smart Heinen and put more scoring on the third line? How does Donato’s ability to play center come into play?

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Great thread. I think a case can be made to go in both directions with and without Pasta on that line. Do you keep maybe the best line in hockey together or is it time to let Pasta fly and be the man on a line with Krejci and Debrusk? Should make for some spirited debates.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly I'd take Bergeron away from Marchand before I would Pastrnak.

That being said, I'd prefer to keep all 3 together.

Reactions: McGarnagle

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
As a fan, I want to see the line with Pasta and dominant because it's so amazing to watch them at their best.

But if I were the coach, I would split them up early in the season and give all those guys a chance to see if one of them could fit in there perfectly. My first inclination would be to try Heinen or Donato. Bjork should get another shot with them but he's going to have to earn it this time the hard way.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
There's no reason to break them up unless the line is struggling or there are injuries.

There's only one other line that Pastrnak would go to, and I think that's not worth breaking up the better line.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Leaning towards Donato. If you want him to be successful he can’t be on a third line praying whoever his centre is can complete a pass.

As for his defence who better to teach him than the two better defending forwards in the league.

Let Pastrnak carry Krejci’s line. It might keep old David interested on a nightly basis.

Reactions: rfournier103

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Honestly I'd take Bergeron away from Marchand before I would Pastrnak.

That being said, I'd prefer to keep all 3 together.

I like this idea. We were were winning games with Nash centering that line, maybe Backes or a rookie can do the same, and that would free up Bergeron to play on a line with a couple youngsters.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Can't neglect the success that Pastrnak has had with 63 and 37. So, there's an argument for not splitting them up.

Kevin Dupont in yesterday's Sunday Notes suggested uniting the two "Czechs" on a line as if they couldn't speak English.

I went with Bjork because of how well he connected with Marchy and Bergy when Cassidy put him there to start the season. I'd go with 88 and 10 for first and second line RWs in whichever order Bruce decides.

Hoping Donato can snag the 3C opening. That opens wing slots for Heinen and Cehlarik.

Reactions: Grimey

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'd love to see Donato and Bjork (and maybe Heinen, but not quite as much) compete for the role next to Bergeron. Honestly, long-term, it would be amazing if we could get one of those two or three to take a spot, and have Pasta power the second line to give Krejci some life. Competition is good, and I'd love it if someone else were up to the task. But I'd also want to get in at least one preseason game with Pasta paired with Bergeron, because I really, really doubt that Donato or Bjork are really ready - especially Bjork, who hasn't played since January.

But this is where the trip to China is a bit of a problem. Ideally, either Bergeron stays home and auditions the kids* while Pasta goes to China, or Bergeron and the kids go to China and Pasta stays home....and then when the team comes together again, we get to revisit (and love) the chemistry between Bergeron and Pasta, and realize that splitting them up was stupid. But with the trip, maybe there's not as much flexibility.

I'm definitely willing to see Bergeron play gluten-free for a brief experiment, but ultimately I think he'll have to load up on Pasta.

*Holy crap, Donato's older than Pasta

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This nonsense of weakening their top line in a feeble attempt to get David Krejci going needs to stop. Pasta does not need to get DK going. DK needs to get himself going with whomever they partner him up with. The constant cycling through wingers in a misguided attempt to balance out their scoring needs to be over. DK needs to decide he wants to play hard and contribute a solid effort every night.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
This nonsense of weakening their top line in a feeble attempt to get David Krejci going needs to stop. Pasta does not need to get DK going. DK needs to get himself going with whomever they partner him up with. The constant cycling through wingers in a misguided attempt to balance out their scoring needs to be over. DK needs to decide he wants to play hard and contribute a solid effort every night.
Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Reactions: LSCII

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Agreed. Especially with the young talent we have. This isn't Seth Griffith as Option A. We have guys who look to some as legitimate top-line options for Krejci to play with.

If he can't "get going" with players like DeBrusk, Donato, Heinen and Bjork then the problem lies with him and not his "help."

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Kevin Dupont in yesterday's Sunday Notes suggested uniting the two "Czechs" on a line as if they couldn't speak English.
Yeah, just imagine how well Bergeron and Marchand could do together, if only Marchand could speak French fluently. :sarcasm:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If it was up to me, Pasta stays with them. If they went another route, my second choice would be Bjork. They seemed to have pretty good chemistry last year. Bjork admitted in that article yesterday that he didn't really realize just how great of an opportunity that was last year. How that could be, I don't really know, but whatever. If he got the chance again, I think he would be fine.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I try breaking it up for sure . I voted for Bjork but I am fine with Donato. I love Heinen but I don't think this is the spot for him . If everything fails sure go back to Pasta . It really doesn't matter that much who is where but in the end you need two lines scoring a lot with the third pitching in .

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I couldn't agree more. Well said.

Reactions: Dizzay and LSCII

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
brad-marchand.jpg

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I sort of get the argument to spread out the talent but MBP straight up dominates like no other line in the league. Pasta is one of the only players that has played on that line that has actually added something to it rather than just fitting in with their style of play.

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Pasta for sure.
It's the best line in hockey why mess with that? If they were that concerned with spreading out the offence, they should have got a top 6 RW in the offseason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad