OT: 62nd Obsequious Banter Thread: Reverse Michal Handzus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
wait...you are messing with me right?

Must be April Fools down there but because we are behind the times, it's July here.

and allowing law enforcement to drink on the job in excessive amounts. My goodness. As well as having duel currency in Canada. Prositutes in America only work for US. Currency, not US Grade A beef. what is going up there .

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
k4l09epkoua11.jpg

You would have thought if this dude can get all this IKEA stuff, he would have been able to get some IKEA socks

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I think I mentioned before but the one reality show I watched by choice with my family because of the WTF exploitation potential was Kid Nation. We just had to see Lord of the Flies - The Game Show. :laugh:

I watched Survivor for a few seasons but it was more because the rest of the family wanted to get together and watch it and get pizza and stuff. I'll go wherever I'm given free food.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
At least in golf they can switch around to many individual people all over the course making important shots. I'd watch golf over baseball or soccer any day. Those two sports bore me to tears. Soccer is worse for me because of having to run a mile to accomplish anything and then all the diving.

American hot take, I know. :sarcasm:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
A Week In New York City On $25/Hour And $1k Monthly Allowance

Welcome to Money Diaries, where we're tackling what might be the last taboo facing modern working women: money. We're asking millennials how they spend their hard-earned money during a seven-day period — and we're tracking every last dollar.
Today: a marketing intern working in HR who makes $25/hour and spends some of her money this week on Siggi's yogurt.

Industry: HR
Income: $25/hr
Paycheck Amount (Weekly): $747.50, plus $100-120 every one to two weeks from babysitting.
Additional Income: On top of my intern salary, my parents give me a $800/month allowance, and my grandpa also wires me $300 every month (#blessed).
Monthly Expenses
Rent: I live in a one bedroom/one den apartment. The total rent is $4,050. My share is $2,100 (my parents pay) and my roommate's share is $1,950. (She lives in the den.)
Student Loan Payment: $0 (I'm still in school, and my parents pay for my education.)
Health Insurance: $0 (I'm on my parents' plan.)
MoviePass: $9.95
Sugared + Bronzed Pass: $40.76 (I get one Brazilian sugaring a month.)
Equinox Membership: $210
Phone Bill: $0 (I'm on my parents' plan.)
Netflix, Spotify, Amazon: $0 (I use my parents' accounts.)
Day One
7:35 a.m. — My alarm goes off for work. It's the day after the 4th of July, and I'm beat from drinking all day yesterday. I also had a panic attack last night and am still feeling a little off. Thankfully, my boyfriend slept over and helped calm me down.

We're so screwed...

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I think I mentioned before but the one reality show I watched by choice with my family because of the WTF exploitation potential was Kid Nation. We just had to see Lord of the Flies - The Game Show. :laugh:

I watched Survivor for a few seasons but it was more because the rest of the family wanted to get together and watch it and get pizza and stuff. I'll go wherever I'm given free food.

One that I enjoyed was The Colony on Discovery. It's a simulated post-apocalyptic scenario in changing environments: season 1 was inside an industrial warehouse, season 2 was a square mile (IIRC) of a post-Katrina New Orleans suburb. The participants are typically the best survivalist types, including chemical engineers, construction workers, doctors, etc., and they have to take care of the basics of survival: food, water, shelter, security, and warmth. It was often quite contrived but I found it entertaining to see them, for example, build a windmill that could charge car batteries or catch, kill, and eat an alligator "caught" in an in-ground swimming pool. As probably the first to be voted off the island / eaten / offered to the Road Warrior desert pirate gang, I enjoy seeing people MacGyver essential survival items.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
One that I enjoyed was The Colony on Discovery. It's a simulated post-apocalyptic scenario in changing environments: season 1 was inside an industrial warehouse, season 2 was a square mile (IIRC) of a post-Katrina New Orleans suburb. The participants are typically the best survivalist types, including chemical engineers, construction workers, doctors, etc., and they have to take care of the basics of survival: food, water, shelter, security, and warmth. It was often quite contrived but I found it entertaining to see them, for example, build a windmill that could charge car batteries or catch, kill, and eat an alligator "caught" in an in-ground swimming pool. As probably the first to be voted off the island / eaten / offered to the Road Warrior desert pirate gang, I enjoy seeing people MacGyver essential survival items.

This is our song, Bern.

Reactions: BernieParent

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
This is our song, Bern.

100% this Cap'n. This song couldn't have been any more a portrait of my (non-outdoor) life. When the Zombie Apocalypse goes down, I'm sticking with my next door neighbours because she is a nurse and he is a construction worker who hunts. And I'll be this guy:

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
100% this Cap'n. This song couldn't have been any more a portrait of my (non-outdoor) life. When the Zombie Apocalypse goes down, I'm sticking with my next door neighbours because she is a nurse and he is a construction worker who hunts. And I'll be this guy:

I'll only be able to offer logistics, but now that The Walking Dead has made zombies more popular than ever the "guy who knows everything because of movies" has much less demand. I'll be relegated to yelling "They're not your loved ones anymore! Don't f***ing HUG THEM!!!

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
There are already quite a few zombie parasites. You may already be under the effects of one (Toxo) -- especially if you own a cat. There are some logistical hoops for them, but all it would take is the perfect combination to get human zombies. Still, unlikely.

Also, any rotting / compromised thing has a ton of issues. Weather, decay, bugs, feral animals, humans being lit AF and inventive. It's tough being a zombie.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
There are already quite a few zombie parasites. You may already be under the effects of one (Toxo) -- especially if you own a cat. There are some logistical hoops for them, but all it would take is the perfect combination to get human zombies. Still, unlikely.

Also, any rotting / compromised thing has a ton of issues. Weather, decay, bugs, feral animals, humans being lit AF and inventive. It's tough being a zombie.
Yeah a proper winter would kill them off since the water in their brains would freeze and pop all the brain cells. So when the dead rise, HEAD NORTH.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009

Ten sinister parasites that control their hosts' minds

I may never sleep again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad