GDT: #62 - Sabres vs. Leafs at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
My take is Poms missing twice, 3 goals in a minute and their goalie outplayers ours but results still the same
If we were really gonna have a playoff push we needed to get someone at RW for Eichel's line. With all the 'in the hunt' teams, I'm surprised none of them hockey trade guys who just ain't getting it going this season. Sure, it's tough on those guys to move, but they make good money, and it could help their careers.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Whoever the poster was that was definding Tage Thomas due to his Relative Corsi (during his "streak")-- get outta here. Dude is brutal.

I defended Tage a month or so ago. He's regressed since then and needs a non paper transaction to Rochester.

(and I'm not going anywhere)

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
If we were really gonna have a playoff push we needed to get someone at RW for Eichel's line. With all the 'in the hunt' teams, I'm surprised none of them hockey trade guys who just ain't getting it going this season. Sure, it's tough on those guys to move, but they make good money, and it could help their careers.
That was my biggest take of todays trade deadline.We had assets to get somebody to help our top 6 and didn't colossal failure in my opinion and its been our a Achilles heel all year

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
That was my biggest take of todays trade deadline.We had assets to get somebody to help our top 6 and didn't colossal failure in my opinion and its been our a Achilles heel all year
Our target was likely Hayes, and they gave up more than I would have wanted us to. Now the guy has an open check book, cuz he knows they won't let him walk w/o a real good offer. No thanks. This ain't our season, and we can always try the next Ben Pouliot on July 1st. My post was just about teams trading man for man for guys who are struggling.

member 300185

The good news is the Leafs aren’t getting past anyone with that D. I can sleep well.
Thats the go to comment for every team the Leafs face. Fact is, the Leafs have the 6th best D in the league. The addition of Muzzin helped move down D that were in the wrong spot. And, the Leafs have the second highest row in the league with 45.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Thats the go to comment for every team the Leafs face. Fact is, the Leafs have the 6th best D in the league. The addition of Muzzin helped move down D that were in the wrong spot. And, the Leafs have the second highest row in the league with 45.
The 6th best D or the 6th fewest GA? What do their stats suggest about their propensity for dangerous shots, and shot attempts in general? Because I haven't seen the Sabres get looks like they've gotten tonight in a long time.

Reactions: sabremike

member 300185

Buffalo, you are one streak away from making the playoffs. The fire power is there. I don't think the problem is on the ice, I think its the guys standing on the bench to be honest.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Our target was likely Hayes, and they gave up more than I would have wanted us to. Now the guy has an open check book, cuz he knows they won't let him walk w/o a real good offer. No thanks. This ain't our season, and we can always try the next Ben Pouliot on July 1st. My post was just about teams trading man for man for guys who are struggling.
Actually I meant players with term with stone being the exception.Would you give up what vegas gave up for a signed Stone? I know I would and still sign Skinner but that's just me

Reactions: GrierIsGod123

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Buffalo, you are one streak away from making the playoffs. The fire power is there. I don't think the problem is on the ice, I think its the guys standing on the bench to be honest.
He is a horrible coach, you are correct. It shines through more against teams with good coaching, like tonight. We all are hoping he's fired in the summer.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

I appreciate the compliments, but this team can’t seem to win 2 games in a row, let alone putting together more games than that. The problems is a combination of what makes a team.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
The 6th best D or the 6th fewest GA? What do their stats suggest about their propensity for dangerous shots, and shot attempts in general? Because I haven't seen the Sabres get looks like they've gotten tonight in a long time.
Since you're not going to do the work yourself, I'll help - the Leafs are bottom five in both shot attempts allowed per 60 and scoring chances allowed per 60, in the entire NHL, according to NST. I guess you guys have a good goalie, and a tremendously porous defense.

Reactions: Goathead

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Actually I meant players with term with stone being the exception.Would you give up what vegas gave up for a signed Stone? I know I would and still sign Skinner but that's just me
No, because the contract would be bad for us two-fold. One, it's more than we can afford, and two it goes too far into his career. He likely isn't producing the last 2 years of it. If we can get Skinner with only 6 years for that price I'd be happy with that instead. Think about it we gave up a mid 2nd and 3rd for our guy. They gave a top prospect and a 1st. Skinner every time for me. Plus he nets more goals, which is what we need for Jack.

member 300185

He is a horrible coach, you are correct. It shines through more against teams with good coaching, like tonight. We all are hoping he's fired in the summer.
I get it. And to be honest, I am not a Babcock fan. He makes huge mistakes that cost us about 5 losses since January.
You team is loaded on offence and solid D. Housley has to go. This team should by rights be top 7 in the league. He wasted his time out when he should of held on to it and give your second PP the first 40 seconds. He really needed it at the end of the game.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
You are spot on. Phylis is a horrible coach way over his head.It all starts from the GM and head coach.If you hit on them it all comes together.For years you guys had horrible management now great management with a great head coach results speak for themselves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad