GDT: #62|Penguins vs. Flyers|02. 23. 19 LFF|NBC- TVAS2| showing Angels & Demons - Stadium seating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Michael Raffl fires back at Evgeni Malkin after stick-swinging incident

So Raffl doesn’t thinknthat punching Geno in the back of the head is dirty. He and Gudas also said the incident is finished... somehow I doubt that

Gudas talks how if he saw a stick flying at him he'd get out of the way too. These guys are not very smart. The only reason the stick swings at his head is because Raffl skated away and changed his stance not seeing it at all. Geno has no clue he's skating away, and blindly comes around with his stick that would catch nothing but body if he's still standing there since Geno has his back to him.

This has been the most overrated stick infraction from the refs/league.

How they get him trying to swing his stick at his head is pretty amazing. It was a 2 minute penalty. Players swing their sticks more forcefully with 2 handers that are more in line with what Geno got punished wise and get nothing.

The whole situation is laughable.

That doesn't mean you should swing your stick like that, but it wasn't meant to be at his head at all.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Gudas talks how if he saw a stick flying at him he'd get out of the way too. These guys are not very smart. The only reason the stick swings at his head is because Raffl skated away and changed his stance not seeing it at all. Geno has no clue he's skating away, and blindly comes around with his stick that would catch nothing but body if he's still standing there since Geno has his back to him.

This has been the most overrated stick infraction from the refs/league.

How they get him trying to swing his stick at his head is pretty amazing. It was a 2 minute penalty. Players swing their sticks more forcefully with 2 handers that are more in line with what Geno got punished wise and get nothing.

The whole situation is laughable.

That doesn't mean you should swing your stick like that, but it wasn't meant to be at his head at all.
you should be in control of your stick at all times....no excuse, stuff happens.

Reactions: EightyOne

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
8jJZ0nV.gif

The Flyers are onion people.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I could take or leave the jerseys. They look better on the players than on display, but those helmets are some kinda horrendous. They're the Jack Johnson of equipment.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I would never have known who Michael Raffl is if Malkin hadn’t swung his stick at Raffl’s head.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Is this game still set for tonight? Any word yet? Isn’t there still like a 90% chance of rain?

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Yesterday when I first saw that Elliott would be starting I thought that perhaps (since Philly's game plan always revolves around how many times they can get away with running Matt Murray) they figured for once the Pens might retaliate in kind (ha!), and didn't want their future Hall of Fame goalie in there possibly getting injured, therefore going with the expendable guy instead.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Can't wait to watch the Flyers head hunt and beat the hell out of half our wimps. Hopefully none of our guys gets seriously injured, but I doubt that.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Can't wait to watch the Flyers head hunt and beat the hell out of half our wimps. Hopefully none of our guys gets seriously injured, but I doubt that.

Boy, boy, crazy boy,
Get cool, boy!
Got a rocket in your pocket,
Keep coolly cool, boy!
Don't get hot,
'Cause man, you got
Some high times ahead.
Take it slow and Daddy-O,
You can live it up and die in bed!
Boy, boy, crazy boy!
Stay loose, boy!
Breeze it, buzz it, easy does it.