OT: 61st Obsequious Banter Thread: Peppermint Fatty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So as most know I have been going through the marvel series. I have officially gotten to the point of Infinity Wars.

Tough to really say what was my favorite. Might be an unpopular opinion but I really enjoyed Ant-Man. Also enjoyed Captain America: Winter Soldier a lot. I thought Civil War was OK and thought Age of Ultron was also OK.

Reactions: Rebels57

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I've tried this some many times, but I always end up with the twohanding the claymore...
My friend has put like 500 hours into that damn game over the years. He told me he took some rookie on his new character speed run where he somehow runs past everything right to the pinwheel boss, summons in some NPC to kill it, then goes up 50 levels at once. He wants to put more effort into Bloodborne and wants me to get it. I don't know if I can take the pain. I only played through Dark Souls because they got it for me as a gift and they had to tell me everything to do or I would've been hopeless. God damn those archers on the outside of the tower. That took me FOREVER.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
My friend has put like 500 hours into that damn game over the years. He told me he took some rookie on his new character speed run where he somehow runs past everything right to the pinwheel boss, summons in some NPC to kill it, then goes up 50 levels at once. He wants to put more effort into Bloodborne and wants me to get it. I don't know if I can take the pain. I only played through Dark Souls because they got it for me as a gift and they had to tell me everything to do or I would've been hopeless. God damn those archers on the outside of the tower. That took me FOREVER.

I've only have 200 hours on Dark Souls. But also another 200 h on DS2. And another 200 on DS3. And I'm considering buying PS4 just to get Bloodborne.

Reactions: Flyotes

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
What_Do_Trump_And_Darth_Vader_Have_In_Common_Pink_Floyd.jpeg

Please don't take this political.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Until today, I never knew Benny Rodriguez and Luis Mendoza were the same kid. And apparently he beat the shit out of some dude a few years ago. :dunno:

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
@Flyersfan1493 Someone showed me this at work and I've only been here for a few weeks but I feel like it's fairly accurate, at least for a few of them

:help::laugh:

Ugh, flashbacks. One of the many benefits of moving to mid-market accounts from small market is "less" of a focus on "price at all cost!" and "I need this by the end of the day today!"

I'm surprised they didn't mention that the insured is the producers best friend/neighbor/family member/cousin.

Are you working carrier or agency side? And wait: did you graduate or do you another year left? I'm old so I forget everything now :laugh:

Reactions: Jray42

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Ugh, flashbacks. One of the many benefits of moving to mid-market accounts from small market is "less" of a focus on "price at all cost!" and "I need this by the end of the day today!"

I'm surprised they didn't mention that the insured is the producers best friend/neighbor/family member/cousin.

Are you working carrier or agency side?
I especially liked the "I need this by today because I'm going golfing with my buddies tomorrow" part.

I'm interning with an E&S carrier, we focus more on mid-market business. I'm working in casualty / general liability; my company does that plus professional liability. So far so good, although I'm still brand new and not sure if I'll be here long-term yet.

Edit:
And wait: did you graduate or do you another year left? I'm old so I forget everything now :laugh:
One more semester and I'm done! 3 classes

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I tried doing DS3 when the baby was new, but it was too stressful having to get up and leave the game running to go deal with her. Losing progress could be crushing. Especially in the goddamned birdswamp.

Great game. It is how D&D should be. I like Bloodborne more by a hair. The combat is lightning fast. Maybe when kiddo gets a little older then. Ruined other games for me, really. They're that good. Rewarding as hell. I just beat Dark Souls 3 again this morning. 1st playthrough was like 100 hours combing through every window and ledge. 2nd playthrough was about 20 hours. You get a lot better. Bosses that took 12-15 tries take 1 or 2 even on a new game run. I absolutely savaged the last 4 bosses today.

Started The Witcher 3 because people keep going on about it. Combat seems boring, but it seems to want to tell a big story. shrug.

I watch boss reaction videos or 1st time players videos a lot. Stream Twitch players who are doing the game the 1st time. Difficult to recapture that virgin dark souls experience. Nothing scratches that itch besides Dark Souls itself.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
PS4 is worth it just for Bloodborne.

I've tried this some many times, but I always end up with the twohanding the claymore...

I actually run into this sentiment a lot. People try another weapon but they just love what weapon they love. I hear a lot of people like the claymore too. For melee, I usually use a greatsword of some kind. For casters I usually use a light 1-hander.

I don't use shields or wear heavy armor. Dodging is so effective I never found the need.

Once Bloodborne "clicks" you'll be a stud. Usually happens after Father G or after Amelia. Bloodborne is more reactive, in that sense, much easier, but arguably the hardest souls game after the original Dark Souls. There aren't bow knights clowning you in Bloodborne. haha. Once it clicks the game will throw crazy odds at you and in the end the room will be full of bodies and your character will be covered in blood and fine. haha. It's good stuff. Some streamers play with HEART BEAT monitors and it's amazing. People pushing 200+ during intense items.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad