QUOTE="Hollywood Couturier, post: 142421677, member: 57488"]
giphy.gif
[/QUOTE]

LMFAO It's the dog version of Chloe!!!

dd9ef6afb0ddc6b5631e558f03ad6977.gif

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I think there was a british chick that did it too.

Victoria Stilwell. Let me tell you, her methods are both scientifically sound and effective in practice. There's a certain size of dog where it becomes necessary to have them trained insanely well so they don't hurt anyone by accident. I can't say enough good things.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Victoria Stilwell. Let me tell you, her methods are both scientifically sound and effective in practice. There's a certain size of dog where it becomes necessary to have them trained insanely well so they don't hurt anyone by accident. I can't say enough good things.

Thats the one i was thinking of. Did she train your dogs, or just a big believer? Seems like a particularly glowing endorsement...

.......Victoria.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Thats the one i was thinking of. Did she train your dogs, or just a big believer? Seems like a particularly glowing endorsement...

.......Victoria.

I went to someone who was trained by her and uses her methods for a few sessions just to learn, then did it all myself. I was more than a little paranoid because while I've had a lot of experience with dogs, I wanted what amounts to a small bear (Newfoundland).

It changes the level of preparation you need when your dog is 130 lbs. If he jumped up on the wrong stranger and they fell, I'm either sued into oblivion or he's put down. Or both.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I went to someone who was trained by her and uses her methods for a few sessions just to learn, then did it all myself. I was more than a little paranoid because while I've had a lot of experience with dogs, I wanted what amounts to a small bear (Newfoundland).

It changes the level of preparation you need when your dog is 130 lbs. If he jumped up on the wrong stranger and they fell, I'm either sued into oblivion or he's put down. Or both.

For sure, I was just joshing you. As someone who was attacked by a Dobe-rott as a kid, I can appreciate someone understanding that some things are just too important to half ass.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Here's what I am wondering: why the **** can't anything ever just be easy and straightforward? "I am going to quit." "OK b***h, bye." Would that have been so hard? fml

Don't ask me what I'm talking about, my mind is a mess. I'll tell you later. Now I have OPTIONS. I don't want ****ing options, my brain can't process ****ing options. fml
I am so ****ing tired. The only thing that can wake me up is a pizza. And I have a refrigerator bursting with fish. MORE OPTIONS! I get you think this is funny, don't you, universe? You ****ing joker, you're hilarious. I don't want to see you now, but I'll see you next Tuesday, how does that sound? **** off.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Here's what I am wondering: why the **** can't anything ever just be easy and straightforward? "I am going to quit." "OK b***h, bye." Would that have been so hard? fml

Don't ask me what I'm talking about, my mind is a mess. I'll tell you later. Now I have OPTIONS. I don't want ****ing options, my brain can't process ****ing options. fml
I am so ****ing tired. The only thing that can wake me up is a pizza. And I have a refrigerator bursting with fish. MORE OPTIONS! I get you think this is funny, don't you, universe? You ****ing joker, you're hilarious. I don't want to see you now, but I'll see you next Tuesday, how does that sound? **** off.

This might be the most impressive one way conversation i've ever seen.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Don't cyber bully me, bro. If you keep cyber bullying me, I am going to keep all my Werther's Originals for myself and you can **** off out there and get your own hard candies.
Werther's really get a bad rap. They're fantastic when you need a little sugar but your stomach is queasy. Who doesn't like caramel???

The shitty candies are Mary Janes. Those things always collected dust at my grandma's house. I think they were once intended to be candy but eventually turned into a decoration, then an heirloom. I just looked them up and saw they were still being pumped out by the Necco company along with a bunch of their other foul edible punishments.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Werther's really get a bad rap. They're fantastic when you need a little sugar but your stomach is queasy. Who doesn't like caramel???

The ****ty candies are Mary Janes. Those things always collected dust at my grandma's house. I think they were once intended to be candy but eventually turned into a decoration, then an heirloom. I just looked them up and saw they were still being pumped out by the Necco company along with a bunch of their other foul edible punishments.

I think i threw up in my mouth a little reading this.

Reactions: Amorgus

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I haven't had a Riesen in a long time.

Also, this is a good watch:

Do you know what I did earlier, I went to watch "A Silent Voice" as you recommended, but I realized that I had already seen it - I think I had forgotten because my torrent was called something else, like "The Shape of Your Voice." It's very good, but "Your Name" is miles and miles better IMO.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Finished watching "Gods and Generals" on Blu-Ray, about to Rent Gettysburg, forgot how long that movie is....4+ hours

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, they both their pluses and minuses. I think A Silent Voice hits harder in terms of emotion, but the unfolding of everything and their connection in Your Name is something special. I think I like A Silent Voice a little more because it tackles such a hard and often unspoken topic and does much with it, making you feel every emotion along the way. When Shouka kept saying, "I'm sorry," I f***ing lost it.

For the new thread:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Honestly, they both their pluses and minuses. I think A Silent Voice hits harder in terms of emotion, but the unfolding of everything and their connection in Your Name is something special. I think I like A Silent Voice a little more because it tackles such a hard and often unspoken topic and does much with it, making you feel every emotion along the way. When Shouka kept saying, "I'm sorry," I ****ing lost it.

There is this film (live action) called "Himizu" - it's ostensibly about the relationships the guy has with his father and a girl, but the Fukushima disaster serves as a backdrop - I think it takes place in Miyagi Prefecture, which is where Fukushima is - and there's a similar scene at the end that is so great. You should watch that one when you get a chance (if you haven't already), it's awesome. Takes a bit of patience, but it's worth it. Fumi Nikaido is the female lead and I adore her.

Reactions: SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
There is this film (live action) called "Himizu" - it's ostensibly about the relationships the guy has with his father and a girl, but the Fukushima disaster serves as a backdrop - I think it takes place in Miyagi Prefecture, which is where Fukushima is - and there's a similar scene at the end that is so great. You should watch that one when you get a chance (if you haven't already), it's awesome. Takes a bit of patience, but it's worth it. Fumi Nikaido is the female lead and I adore her.

I'll keep this in mind. That reminds me, I still need to watch Grave of the Fireflies, but I'm afraid to do it by myself :laugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad