OT: 61st Obsequious Banter Thread: Peppermint Fatty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
That seems like one of those things where the risk of getting caught outweighs the potential positives... kind of like having a burner twitter account.
People are creatures of habit.
I’ve always had an iPhone since I’ve got a smart phone and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. I’m sure there are countless others like me out there.
Them killing batteries is far outweighed by their refusal to let the fbi create a back door in their phones regardless of the situation. Then the fbi couldn’t brute their way thru the code.
I have nothing at all to hide mind you, but if you don’t have privacy, what do you have?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
People are creatures of habit.
I’ve always had an iPhone since I’ve got a smart phone and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. I’m sure there are countless others like me out there.
Them killing batteries is far outweighed by their refusal to let the fbi create a back door in their phones regardless of the situation. Then the fbi couldn’t brute their way thru the code.
I have nothing at all to hide mind you, but if you don’t have privacy, what do you have?
Personally, I don't worry about that kind of thing.

It's not so much the "I have nothing to hide stuff" as it is the "who would give a f*** about what I do" stuff. I'm one of billions and am completely unremarkable in every way. :laugh: But I understand why others care.

But yeah, I just like iPhones, so the next time I get a phone it'll be an iPhone too. This iPhone 6 is actually my first one though, I had androids before this but I definitely like this better.

Reactions: Jray42

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I finally bought a new IPhone just this year. I went from a 4 to an 8.

I’m just used to them so I really have no desire in switching brands. I actually got my dad to get one because he initially bought a galaxy or some shit & kept asking how to do things on it & I’d have no clue. I’d have to physically sit there messing around on it to find it out.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia

I’m just used to them so I really have no desire in switching brands. I actually got my dad to get one because he initially bought a galaxy or some **** & kept asking how to do things on it & I’d have no clue. I’d have to physically sit there messing around on it to find it out.
How do you like the 8? I'm debating getting that one soon.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How do you like the 8? I'm debating getting that one soon.

tumblr_ne2sgy3L3T1rq4i1uo1_500.gif

It gets the job done for me. The biggest thing for me is probably the bigger screen size which is good for videos which I do a lot on it.

Reactions: Striiker and Jray42

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
My first smartphone was a Droid, switched to an iPhone and I'm never looking back
Been a droid user consistently. Recently got a mandated iPhone for work. Had it about 3 months, set it up initially, but forgot code to unlock security screen. Battery has died and am waiting either for someone from work to call me out on not being available, or when I have to travel, our phones are supposed to be our hotspots. It is a piece of junk that I do not want.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Seeing all the phone talk, I always had a Nokia phone since I was 10. Currently I have had a Lumia 800 for the past 6 years. Lately it feels like I will need to get a new phone.. and Nokia was revived. Perfect

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

I’m just used to them so I really have no desire in switching brands. I actually got my dad to get one because he initially bought a galaxy or some **** & kept asking how to do things on it & I’d have no clue. I’d have to physically sit there messing around on it to find it out.
I dusted my 4 off a few weeks ago to upload some pictures to the cloud and holy shit I forgot how small that phone was. Felt like an mp3 player.

I'm on the X now. Can't complain.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'm with Project Fi so I'm limited on phone options but I haven't had a cell phone bill over $30 in 1.5 years...

Reactions: Lotusflower

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
People are freaking out over this Fortnite update, huh?

tenor.gif

How come? I don't play it much, if at all, myself but my 12 year old daughter LOVES the game. And I mean loves....if I am watching something and get up to go the bathroom, she tries to turn on the PS4 and get into a game as fast as she can. I've had to have a discussion or two...LOL

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
How come? I don't play it much, if at all, myself but my 12 year old daughter LOVES the game. And I mean loves....if I am watching something and get up to go the bathroom, she tries to turn on the PS4 and get into a game as fast as she can. I've had to have a discussion or two...LOL
I believe I saw that they're limiting the amount of building supplies you can carry, that way there's less building and not every game ends in a build-off.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
I believe I saw that they're limiting the amount of building supplies you can carry, that way there's less building and not every game ends in a build-off.

Interesting. She may actually dig that update. Although, right now she's obsessing on why the "death face" is on all the TV's.

Reactions: Striiker

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
The new 7+ is an excellent phone and value. I would have picked one up if it worked on my carrier’s bands.

Yes, that is the one I am eyeing (eying?!), such a beautiful device! Need to do some research on performance because I have never trusted Androids much RE: performance after a year/two, but this one is absolutely a front runner right now

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Interesting. She may actually dig that update. Although, right now she's obsessing on why the "death face" is on all the TV's.
That's why so many people are freaking out, it significantly lowers the skill ceiling, so the top players are pissed.

The game is basically a speed building game with a side of shooting, so limiting the building is exactly the slow painful death I was hoping for. My hatred for that game is strong.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yes, games can end like build-offs, but that kind of the point......:laugh:

The strategic quality of the building makes Fortnite Fornite. I like curbing things like rockets at end game, but there's no reason you shouldn't have a ton of materials at end game unless you just hide and camp. Get a kill, get their loot, pretty simple. Shooting isn't hard. Building is hard. You watch high quality players, not even pros necessarily, and their building speed and ingenuity is crazy. It makes every single fight different. If they want to go from 999 to 750 or something, I don't think that's crazy. Or maybe make resource gaining increased by 10% or something to get more materials quicker.

Reactions: Striiker

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Yes, that is the one I am eyeing (eying?!), such a beautiful device! Need to do some research on performance because I have never trusted Androids much RE: performance after a year/two, but this one is absolutely a front runner right now

Most of the well-made ones will run forever as long as you don’t let apps overrun everything. My work phone is a Nexus 6P and my personal phone is still a Note 3 — Zero problems, removable battery, expandable memory, etc. Those days are never coming back on US-based devices, sadly.

I keep my eyes largely on emerging markets for new devices now that the Nexus line was phased out in favor of Pixels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad