GDT: [#60] St. Louis Blues at Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I hear you, but they definitely don’t want to play Carrick or Honka. So much so they traded back for Jamie Oleksiak. If Polak misses time we’ll definitely acquire a D-man.

If Polak misses time then Adam McQuaid is a Dallas Star

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This team plays so much better at home.

If they could play even half as well as that on the road, they'd be a borderline powerhouse.

It's so frustrating to see such a dichotomy.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Over the last three years, we are the third worst road team in the entire NHL. 5th worst this season so far.

We're a top 10 team at home, though.

It's honestly the biggest problem this team faces year in and year out. It likely isn't coaching, since it's persisted through three coaches now.

I think it's the leadership. It's the only real consistency the team has had.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Over the last three years, we are the third worst road team in the entire NHL. 5th worst this season so far.

We're a top 10 team at home, though.

It's honestly the biggest problem this team faces year in and year out. It likely isn't coaching, since it's persisted through three coaches now.

I think it's the leadership. It's the only real consistency the team has had.

Yep I think we are just a team that really struggles on the road. We need to get the proper line match ups to be competitive. It really sucks because if we make it to the post season we likely start with our first two games on the road.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yep I think we are just a team that really struggles on the road. We need to get the proper line match ups to be competitive. It really sucks because if we make it to the post season we likely start with our first two games on the road.

Its because so few players can score on their own. The opposing team can just hide their defensive problems against 2 or sometimes even 3 lines the Stars use since they're no offensive threat. The team needs what the Benn-Faksa-Comeau line did every night from someone not playing with Seguin.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Its because so few players can score on their own. The opposing team can just hide their defensive problems against 2 or sometimes even 3 lines the Stars use since they're no offensive threat. The team needs that the Benn-Faksa-Comeau line did every night from someone not playing with Seguin.

Couldn’t agree more. We are an easy team to plan against due to lack of depth. I feel like whenever we are on the road the big three should be kept separate giving a chance at depth scoring.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Couldn’t agree more. We are an easy team to plan against due to lack of depth. I feel like whenever we are on the road the big three should be kept separate giving a chance at depth scoring.

I mean the 4th , 5th and 6th leading scorers on the team are the three best defenseman. Now its nice we likely get three defenseman with 30+ points but they shouldn't be our best depth scoring options.
This is a huge problem.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I mean the 4th , 5th and 6th leading scorers on the team are the three best defenseman. Now its nice we likely get three defenseman with 30+ points but they shouldn't be our best depth scoring options.
This is a huge problem.

I think everyone besides Lites and Nill can see that. The fact that this is likely going to be our third year in a row where only three forwards score 40+ is so sad.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think everyone besides Lites and Nill can see that. The fact that this is likely going to be our third year in a row where only three forwards score 40+ is so sad.

Eaves had 37 in 59 games 2 years ago. The way he scored here and in Anaheim he would've hit 40+ points easily if he wasn't traded. Ended the year with 51 if you count the points together . ;)

That year scoring was alright. Just the goaltending and defense was well not.

Reactions: Elysian

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
There we go!

Great win for the Stars. Good to see Benn and Radulov back in it. If Nill can grab a top six fwd or possibly pull a move to somehow get Panarin we’ll be the Dark Horse.

Go for it.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
There we go!

Great win for the Stars. Good to see Benn and Radulov back in it. If Nill can grab a top six fwd or possibly pull a move to somehow get Panarin we’ll be the Dark Horse.

Go for it.
That dream is dead now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad