GDT: #60 - Sabres vs. Lightning at 7:30 PM on MSG-B and WGR

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Eichel has what it takes to put up numbers similar to Kucherov's. He is an insanely talented player. I have a feeling that next year you will see some impressive numbers from him.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Eichel has what it takes to put up numbers similar to Kucherov's. He is an insanely talented player. I have a feeling that next year you will see some impressive numbers from him.
He has what it takes physically to be as good as anyone. However, the thing that sets apart a guy like Kucherov is his fierce determination to be the best.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
He has what it takes physically to be as good as anyone. However, the thing that sets apart a guy like Kucherov is his fierce determination to be the best.
Not to mention he's extremely well supported, most teams don't have the ability to shut down three 90-100 point players on two different scoring lines.

Reactions: Rasmi

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Not to mention he's extremely well supported, most teams don't have the ability to shut down three 90-100 point players on two different scoring lines.
Very true, but gotta remember Kuch got them to game 7 of the ECF without Point and Stammer. He definitely benefits from being on the best team, but he's also the biggest reason that they are the best team.

Reactions: Reddawg

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Very true, but gotta remember Kuch got them to game 7 of the ECF without Point and Stammer. He definitely benefits from being on the best team, but he's also the biggest reason that they are the best team.
Not taking anything away from the guy, but it's not like he had to worry about the defensive zone or marginal goal tending. Support is more than just scoring.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I’m talking the game as a whole. I’m not sure why you thought I meant OT only. Misunderstanding apparently.

Edit: I’m actually talking about the last 15ish games as a whole. Tonight was a continuation of that stretch. Below what he should be at. Whether he is hurt or not.
he's been PPG in the past 15 despite the team as a whole sucking ass....i'm not really sure if there is too much more he could except score on more attempts.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
he's been PPG in the past 15 despite the team as a whole sucking ass....i'm not really sure if there is too much more he could except score on more attempts.

To me he's stops moving his feet far more frequently than earlier in the year. And has the occasional shift where he looks like he dogs it. That wasn't happening before. That doesn't mean he can't put up points.

But you clearly disagree. So it's not really worth arguing over.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
So you're saying he only worries about personal accomplishments?
ugh no...and Jack has done his part...when we basically have scored 1 goal in the past 3 games not counting Sobotka's last second goal when we got 2. Eichel has been in on every goal in the past 3 games and we still lose because no one else consistently contributes as often. Is he supposed to put up 3 PPG in order for the Sabres to actually get a winning streak going.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Eichel was trash last night for what we expect of him. Not sure what some of you were watching.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Eichel was trash last night for what we expect of him. Not sure what some of you were watching.
I agree. I thought he was weak on pucks/plays all night long, and really needs to learn to bear down.

I'll say that he's one of the few players that at least tries to make things happen each shift, along with Skinner, Reinhart, Dahlin and maybe Rodrigues. However, he was more or less ineffective last night in generating good chances. I thought he lacked a killer instinct in OT as well. This could all be the fact that we played one of the most dominant teams of the last decade, but I still expect more from him. I hate to go here, but if you're going to get paid $10M, you need to be good (nearly) every single night. He hasn't been that during the home stretch, and it is a bit disappointing.

I find myself questioning if he'll ever be that true franchise player or merely a good player that is a consistent all star. Trust me, I hate feeling this way, but I've seen some signs of concern.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
ugh no...and Jack has done his part...when we basically have scored 1 goal in the past 3 games not counting Sobotka's last second goal when we got 2. Eichel has been in on every goal in the past 3 games and we still lose because no one else consistently contributes as often. Is he supposed to put up 3 PPG in order for the Sabres to actually get a winning streak going.

Sarcasm font was broken. You just know that no matter what Eichel doesn
he will be looked down upon by certain groups. If he scores 3 points a night and we lose it's because he was selfish and worried more about himself than the team. If he plays lock down defensive game they will say he should score more.

Until the team is actually good it will all be Eichel's fault no matter what he does.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sarcasm font was broken. You just know that no matter what Eichel doesn
he will be looked down upon by certain groups. If he scores 3 points a night and we lose it's because he was selfish and worried more about himself than the team. If he plays lock down defensive game they will say he should score more.

Until the team is actually good it will all be Eichel's fault no matter what he does.
Don't worry: in a few years we'll run Jack out of town as a scapegoat instead of focusing on the clowns who put together terrible rosters and are completely stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad