GDT: #60: Lightning at FLYERS, Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Hey why not let the franchise stay drowning in terrible personal choices that will set them up to be ****ty-mediocre forever
For long time fans like myself, it’s extremely frustrating. This will be the 7th straight season in which the Flyers either miss the playoffs or flame out in the first round and I believe it’s the worst stretch in team history.

From 67-68 through 71-72, they never win a round, but at least by 71, you could sense that good things were coming. The early 80s under McCammon were frustrating but the team was talented and at least fun to watch too. The 5 straight years with no playoffs in the early 90s sucked, but with how much they gave up to acquire Lindros in 92, a small step back was inevitable. Even the ugly way the Barber era ended wasn’t this bad because you at least knew you had an owner who gave a f*** and wouldn’t stand for mediocrity.

Yes, there is some good young talent, and most likely more on the way, but they have to get off the carousel of poor coaches if they’re going to be a contender. They also need to get rid of the rest of the deadwood this offseason as well. We’ve all waited and suffered long enough. Attendance is still good, merchandise is being sold and games are being watched. Flyers fans have been shit on long enough. We’ve suffered through some pretty shitty hockey played by some pretty shitty players for way to long.

Fix this mess Chuck, and fix it now!

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Kucherov has a pretty good chance to surpass Alexander Mogilny's mark of 127 points in a season, the most by a Russian-born player. I probably saw Mogilny score three of his 76 goals that year at the Spectrum.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Of course, Kucherov is playing on a great team. But I'd say being the best player on a team that good makes his season even more special. And he's by far their best forward. He makes the players around him better, not the other way around.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Why did they bother even calling Myers up in the first place? Is he just supposed to be the 7th dman placeholder until morin is back in the lineup?

What a waste of time, keep him in the AHL if that is the case. I'm going to be even more pissed when Morin takes over as the bench warmer and Hagg and Farmer are still in the lineup.
Flyers

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Why did they bother even calling Myers up in the first place? Is he just supposed to be the 7th dman placeholder until morin is back in the lineup?

What a waste of time, keep him in the AHL if that is the case. I'm going to be even more pissed when Morin takes over as the bench warmer and Hagg and Farmer are still in the lineup.
pulling the bait n switch, so the fans won't bitch. public relations for tix sales.

Munch89

Jul 4, 2018
I don't know much about Myers' confidence or ability to shrug off bad nights... But is it at all possible they are trying to shelter him from a quick potent offense?

I'm sure it's probably just incompetence, and I think an opportunity to do your job against the best is a great learning ability as a young rookie, but I could see them leaning that way if they are really attempting to push for a playoff spot; stupid to play amac if that is their goal though...

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
While I think Hagg is worse than AMac (Hagg has as much hockey sense as a steaming piece of donkey crap), I can at least sort of understand why they dress him. Outside of Gudas, he’s the only Dman on the team who adds the slightest bit of physicality to the group.

AMac OTOH, adds nothing. I’m pretty sure that our D can live without a guy who flops around accomplishing nothing. In a season that’s going nowhere, there is no defense for playing AMac over Myers. None, nada, zilch.

And, assuming he can stay healthy, there will soon be absolutely no reason for dressing Hagg over Morin.

It’s just pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad