Post-Game Talk: #60 | Lightning at Flyers | February 27, 2024 | Flyers win 6-2

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That goal by York might be the longest since Hextall's ENG.

Primeau scored a longer one I believe. Wrapped it around the boards from opposite corner of the dzone and it hit something on the glass, changed direction, and went into the net.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Screenshot_20240227_231938_Chrome.jpg

It's hockey. I'm assuming you've heard Chris Rock's riff on playing basketball with mentally challenged folks. Let's be fair @JojoTheWhale

Also, is there no better work around than this for quoting posts from closed threads?

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
What a ridiculous win. Its really nice when the other goalkeeper shits the bed for a change.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I really like Cam York’s game. Not enough credit goes to him for the step forward he’s taken. The Flyers are playing pretty good team defense this year, and he’s not a small part of it. He’s never going to be a player who dominates in obvious ways, but I really wonder what he can be.
Last year he was better overall.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
What was dimmer: the WFC lights or the hopes of the Flyers selling?
Yeah at this point, as always, they won’t do squat. Except probably trade for goalie to replace Cal.

But they will try super hard during their 1st round loss to Carolina and I’m sure that whomever they take with the 19th OA pick will be very sound defensively.

Good times, good times

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Pretty entertaining third! A few notes

-Very happy for Brink. Never deserved to be sent down IMO. He is an NHL offensive talent - just let him cook. No reason a 40-point rookie should be sent down. Sit him a game/period here and there - that's fine. But sending him to the AHL didn't do anything for his game.
-The goal Brink scored was a goal scorers goal. Deceptive and subtle right foot feign, pulls de Haan too far left, and in one quick motion, pulls the puck back to the right and releases a quick wrist shot - It's probably a shot that Vassy saves more often than not, but the shot was well placed below the blocker and above the pad. Really solid play.
-I thought they were lucky to go into the third tied. But, despite the overall play being tiled in the Flyers zone in the 2nd, they didn't break. It really is nice to see that from this team. They compete, and that is absolutely a requisite for good teams.
-Vassy was terrible, but the scoresheet is a glimpse into the future. Points from Brink, Foerster, Frost, Farabee, Cates and York.
-3rd period deployment b/t Frost and Couts was odd. They clearly didn’t want to play DeLo or Lycksell, so every other Farabee-Brink shift had a different center.
-Zamula is so annoying. If he could just get the simple mistakes out of his game, he could be a real asset. His passing and up-ice game is very good.
-I love Cates on the LW. He's just a better player on the LW.

Last edited:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Yeah at this point, as always, they won’t do squat. Except probably trade for goalie to replace Cal.
They’d better do something fast. They have a back to back coming at them on Friday (Caps in Washington) followed by the Senators on Saturday. Ersson should get the Caps game. I don’t want to see Peterson on Saturday. Flip Sandstrom for Peterson?

Reactions: BiggE

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
They’d better do something fast. They have a back to back coming at them on Friday (Caps in Washington) followed by the Senators on Saturday. Ersson should get the Caps game. I don’t want to see Peterson on Saturday. Flip Sandstrom for Peterson?
By bringing up Sandstorm

Would he have to clear waivers again to be sent back to Lehigh ?

Same with Mete and Belpedio ? Andrae is exempt.

Not sure what the rule is on that

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
They could sign Boucher to a one day deal, throw his 47 year old ass in the net and it would still be an upgrade over Cal.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

I’d be surprised if Ersson isn’t in the net for both…

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
This team does what I wish my Fantasy Football team would do…

When guys go cold others get red hot. Right now it’s Laughton, Sanheim, Tyson with good things from Brink, York, etc.

Hopefully that continues because I think Ersson could be good enough to steal a series against the canes if we get lucky and then we could have better matchups.

Reactions: BiggE

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Wasn’t he considered day to day just a few days ago? This warrants Staal being fired off into space.
Yeah but those definitions are ambiguous on purpose. That was something the NHL opted maybe 10 years ago. Tortorella more so indicated no further update was known and shied from saying anything more specific.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Give Drysdale time...he will be at least our second best behind Sanheim.....
Hope you're right. For now it looks like York will be better, and he's played all 60 games this season.

This team does what I wish my Fantasy Football team would do…

When guys go cold others get red hot. Right now it’s Laughton, Sanheim, Tyson with good things from Brink, York, etc.
I wonder if Laughton finally got over a nagging injury over the All Star break cause he looks like a different player the last month.

Reactions: renberg

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hope you're right. For now it looks like York will be better, and he's played all 60 games this season.

I wonder if Laughton finally got over a nagging injury over the All Star break cause he looks like a different player the last month.

Yes he looks great. I think he’d be well worth a late 1st and 2nd to a contender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad