6 team playoffs

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
The summer league I play in guarantees 2 playoff games to all teams. The division I play in has 6 teams in it. The league went with a 1,4,5 seed and 2,3,6 seed round robin with 1st pool A vs 2nd pool B and 1st pool B vs 2nd pool A semifinals. Semi winners go to the final. Semis and final to be one game each. We play once a week and there are only 4 "game nights" left which leaves two teams playing double headers in the round robin. Although this works, it seems to me like a better solution could be found.

Nbr-17

Aug 15, 2006
Stouffville, ON
The summer league I play in guarantees 2 playoff games to all teams. The division I play in has 6 teams in it. The league went with a 1,4,5 seed and 2,3,6 seed round robin with 1st pool A vs 2nd pool B and 1st pool B vs 2nd pool A semifinals. Semi winners go to the final. Semis and final to be one game each. We play once a week and there are only 4 "game nights" left which leaves two teams playing double headers in the round robin. Although this works, it seems to me like a better solution could be found.

You play at True North Hockey?
What night & division?

AHF

Apr 21, 2004
Edmonton
Our 6 team division has it like this:

Round 1 - 1 vs. 2 (Seeding game; not an elimination game)
Round 1 - 5 vs. 6
Round 1 - 3 vs. 4
Thus leaving 4 teams for the semis.

Round 2 - 1 vs. 4
Round 2 - 2 vs. 3

FINALS - 1 vs. 2

Nbr-17

Aug 15, 2006
Stouffville, ON
Our 6 team division has it like this:

Round 1 - 1 vs. 2 (Seeding game; not an elimination game)
Round 1 - 5 vs. 6
Round 1 - 3 vs. 4
Thus leaving 4 teams for the semis.

Round 2 - 1 vs. 4
Round 2 - 2 vs. 3

FINALS - 1 vs. 2

But as madmutter mentioned, they are guaranteed at least 2 games in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad