#6| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 17th | 8:00 PM | F/TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
When the Islanders got that shorthanded OT breakaway, how many of you were having Pisani flashbacks?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
From an Islanders fan to a Leafs fan that couldn't be happier to see the Islanders lose - even though his team lost to the f***ing Blue Jackets in the play-in round.

What a turn of events.
They both won nothing. I guess Islanders fans have board cred. They lost at a later stage. However, it is in very poor taste to revel in another teams misfortune ( it was OT).

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Tomorrow, a bunch of Isles fans will check in on capfriendly and suddenly things won't seem so rosy anymore.
We are good. We trust the best management team we have had since the dynasty years.
Yeah that was the aspect of his game I disliked the most when he played for the Oilers, how he would purposely shy away from any contact whatsoever. At least he's scoring goals in the playoffs now.
I cannot imagine Trotz liked what he saw, even Josh Bailey was hitting people some of the time. He blew more chances than anyone on the team. You want him?

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
The compete level in this sport during the playoffs is unlike anything else. Nothing matches it. Who ever wins it all deserves it.

There is no more asterisk on this season than the Bret Hull's "foot in the crease", Maradonna's "hand of god" goal, Kirk Gibson's dramatic fist pump HR while on steroid medication, Babe Ruth's inflated HR totals vs whites only, or the Dallas cowboys 1979 season ending victory over the Washington Football Team when the stupid ref would not call a timeout to allow Moseley's FG to win it and win the division for Washington, even though Pardee and Theisman were all signaling with plenty of time left before the clock expired, and NO I AM NOT BITTER 41 years later, that would be silly.

Reactions: robertocarlos

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Great series, Isles fans. By series end, I think the Isles had become our toughest opponents yet.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Who would’ve guessed that the Islanders best chance in OT came not on the PP, but rather shorthanded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad