GDT: #6| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 17th | 8:00 PM | F/OTL 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Thanks for the kind words Ginger. I am now familiar with the GIF KING of HFBoards. I have to admit I was lurking some Tampa GDTs and guys, this Ginger arranges GIFs like a comic strip to tell a full story/game prediction. You owe us one next season for rooting for the Bolts!
Heres to a brighter future for both our respective teams, lots to look forward to.
IMG_5035.GIF

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Yeah we may take a step back next season as most teams do and then go forward. Barzal needs to be around guys that sniff the goal, kind of what Judas had when he had Moulson or PAP... his game on the periphery feeding the point guys and need garbage men to clean up

Pageau is kind of like a Judas center in that he likes to dump and chase except more speed than Judas but Judas had incredible core strength.

What we learned this year is this a tight group of guys that are well coached, and players come here and develop, well not so much MDC but everyone else especially Pelech and Nelson.

Tough rope to walk. Islanders team camaraderie and enthusiasm for the group gave them a leg up in the bubble. But they took it just about as far as they could go without adding some scoring. This offseason is pretty critical. Not sure about our chances of making it as far next year without the upgrades.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I've never seen this place more kum-bay-ya than right now.

We lost, and everyone is here praising the team, being incredibly honest and genuine. Not a harsh word spoken. John Lennon would be proud.

HF version of the post game handshake for the players.

Well done fellas.
Frame this shit. Ya never gonna see this again.

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
Some time about a half-dozen years ago, I daydreamed about the Isles losing the CF in six, at home, and getting cheered off the ice by the NVMC crowd. That should’ve happened tonight, it would’ve been quite a moment.

Malkin and Ledecky deserved a prolonged taste of what a successful team would look like in this market. Hopefully the run fired up their imaginations, but it’s sooo Islanders that this played out in a couple bubbles on Canadian soil.

Peeled off my Isles jersey few minutes ago. I cycle through them, changing after every loss, a nerdy practice my fam’s allowed me to indulge in since ‘93. (I’d like to add to the collection for next year, but I’m honestly unsure what to buy. This club doesn’t lack for appealing options.)

Wishing the team and staff safe flights and rides home to their families, wishing healing vibes for the bruised and battered (dang, Pelech and Zeeker, you were doomed to finish the sked with something no matter when it finished, weren’t you), wishing the HFIsles gang a safe journey through the tag end of 2020 and COVID vagaries.

Was a real hoot reading some rival HF team boards this “spring.” Guess we sound like that when our team’s a third-rate non-contender, too. I found out that winning isn’t boring, despite what those sour dopes might think.

Bronze medal for 2019-20. Something to build on, something to look back fondly upon - we truly didn’t have the horses to advance to the Final, but I’ll be damned if we didn’t squeeze every drop of blood from the stone. The last two games were exhausting; the last two games were brilliant, tense entertainment. No blockbuster movie could’ve raised the heart rate more.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Some time about a half-dozen years ago, I daydreamed about the Isles losing the CF in six, at home, and getting cheered off the ice by the NVMC crowd. That should’ve happened tonight, it would’ve been quite a moment.

If we have fans at games, maybe we could experience that next season. I've thought about what this run would've been like at the barn, and I wonder if it would've shaken out that we made it as far, since the team just really bought in and the bubble was such a great opportunity for a hungry team that believes in itself so much.

Hell, I don't even know if we would've made the playoffs if the season continued as normal. You never know.

Reactions: thegoldenyear

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If we have fans at games, maybe we could experience that next season. I've thought about what this run would've been like at the barn, and I wonder if it would've shaken out that we made it as far, since the team just really bought in and the bubble was such a great opportunity for a hungry team that believes in itself so much.

Hell, I don't even know if we would've made the playoffs if the season continued as normal. You never know.

I don’t think things play out the same with true home and road games. The OTs this postseason have been sort of stagnant with less chances. I feel lack of home crowd has played into that

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
Talk about paying your dues...

image.JPG

I’m rooting for TB b/c they’re a model franchise IMHO that has paid some heavy dues the last several playoffs. Plus, unless NYR or PHI is involved- I’m generally an Eastern Conference guy. That said- I would truly be thrilled for Bowness if he won a Cup. So really can’t lose here...

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Well done everyone: players, coaches, management, and fans.

It was a great run, and could have been a bit better, but c'est la vie (French for "ain't that a bitch").

Reactions: The Winter Soldier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad