GDT: #6| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 17th | 8:00 PM | F/OTL 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
So pretty much no Cizikas til February and who knows with Pelech. I would have to know more of where the break was but a bad case scenario with surgery is 5 months

I saw 6 weeks for Czikas. He’ll be back for camp I think.

Reactions: beach

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Wouldn't you rather have TBL win in 4 and prove that the Isles were a tougher series for them?

(shrugs) just my thoughts...
It depends. If I thought the Lightning played a clean series and just beat the Islanders, yes

they beat the Islanders, and were the better team... but they were also dirty POS’s along the way. Ergo, in my mind, I want to see them crash and burn in the Finals

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I hope/believe for the first time in a really long time, this success will drive ownership and management to push for the next step. Eat a contract, take on a contract , do things that winning, financially backed teams do to win.
My concern is, the team as presently constructed, talent, age and contractually obligated will be unable to enact the shortcomings
Need Whalstrom or Bellows, hopefully both to become middle six wingers

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
It depends. If I thought the Lightning played a clean series and just beat the Islanders, yes

they beat the Islanders, and were the better team... but they were also dirty POS’s along the way. Ergo, in my mind, I want to see them crash and burn in the Finals

Eh...neither team were angels... but it didnt overshadow the hockey. I'm ok with it. Hockey should be a violent game. f***ing bring it...lightning can rough it up with us and also run n gun and blast away. Let up f*** up Dallas.

I hear what you're sayin tho.

Reactions: Tres Peleches

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
When's our next game against the Rags?

Good for Tampa Bay. They somehow assembled that awesome roster under the salary cap. Admittedly, we were outclassed in this series. I'm not even angry about it. I'm an Islanders fan born in 1983 -- I know nothing but failure. I don't care who wins the Cup.

I just love Larry Brooks bitching about the salary cap in every other article in the Post.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I will be rooting for Tampa in the final. Aside from the fact that my wife and her entire family are from there, I am not going to root for Rick bowness because just looking at his face takes me back to a very unpleasurable time in islander history.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I will be rooting for Tampa in the final. Aside from the fact that my wife and her entire family are from there, I am not going to root for Rick bowness because just looking at his face takes me back to a very unpleasurable time in islander history.

See I don't hate Tampa, they're the better team, and the better team won, despite that the Islanders absolutely could've taken this. But my thinking about Rick Bowness is that if you can be a part of the Islanders organization in the mid to late 90's and still build a career after that, I have to respect you.

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
Tremendous season and run. Have so much respect for this group. Closest we’ve been to the Cup since May 1984 (let that sink in). Rock solid ownership, mgmt, and winning culture (worth 5 1st rounders IMHO) + a gorgeous new building on the way. Get some well-deserved rest- and on to the next campaign. LGI!

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
How about a little Ledecky/Malkin love? These guys have come in and spared NOTHING to make this a better organization. Our practice facilities are first rate and the new arena is on the way. These guys are the proverbial "guys that get it". It just feels different!! We've gone sooooo long being the butt end of jokes in this sport and now we finally have a great organization!

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
another thing I am glad we got Pageau I think he needs better line mates

he played with heart and won a lot of key faceoffs and got chances to the net

Absolutely, I think his contract means Casey is a goner
Love JGP, a big, physical 4th line center, taking Casey’s place would make sense, to compliment JGP
And this team needs an infusion of talent on the wing, up and down the lines
Need Whalstrom, Bellows and Holmstrom to pan out, to some extent. Fill a line, any line
Ho-Sang, MdC? Not the answers

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
How about a little Ledecky/Malkin love? These guys have come in and spared NOTHING to make this a better organization. Our practice facilities are first rate and the new arena is on the way. These guys are the proverbial "guys that get it". It just feels different!! We've gone sooooo long being the butt end of jokes in this sport and now we finally have a great organization!

The New York Islanders were 2 wins from the Stanley Cup finals. When Wang owned the team they were a Tim Thomas away from not hitting the cap floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad