Proposal: 6 Puljujarvi Trade Ideas

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
And it must hurt Lapa, a good Finnish boy, to say he'd rather have a Swede on his team than Pulju.:)

Puljujarvi has some value. Just don't know what it is. Thompson is maybe the closest? I don't see either Kunin , or especially Greenway, being moved for him either.

Pulju was born in Sweden, so there's not much of a difference. :sarcasm:

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Donato is a lesser player than Puljujarvi. Both have sad stats this season. Donato is 2 yrs older and does not have the same upside.
-11 on a playoffs team is worse than -14 on a garbage team.
Nope, and this is coming from a Habs fan who hates the Bruins.
Just because your organization is in shambles, doesn't automatically increase Puljujarvi's potential or forgive his underwhelming performance. If we're going to use your team's condition as an excuse, well, the Bruins had their fair share of injuries so his stats might have been better on a healthier team.

Bottom line, their value is pretty much close to a 1 to 1 trade despite what your perceived untapped potential of Pjuljarvi is. He's not ready for the NHL yet, could have used another year in Finland and the AHL, you rushed him and want people to pay for where you drafted him instead of what he's done and it sound like he doesn't want to go to the AHL, so there's that to consider as well.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

6. Jesse Puljujarvi for Jordan Kyrou

Both players are 2016 draft picks, have scored at exactly 1 ppg in the AHL, but are struggling in the NHL (15 and 16 point pace). The Oilers and Blues swap the two players. Puljujarvi was drafted higher but must be re-signed sooner.

Not gonna happen. Blues actually like Kyrou.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
I would do the Avs-Oilers trade. Jost, until now at least, is not developing into what the Avs exactly expected of him (may end up being a winger for us long term) so dealing him for a natural winger with similar age and ceiling seems fine to me. bonus points to Jesse for being a Rants comrade and more bonus points for having the best nickname on these boards, Poolparty. low IQ is a problem but on the Avs... through recent years it looks like it is a requisite to play here, so... lol

Reactions: Dr Awesome

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
The Blues have been burned by too many 1st round player projects coming out of Edmonton in the past. Nothing right now leads me to believe that he'll be any different. PRV 2.0 at the moment.

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
I would do the Avs-Oilers trade. Jost, until now at least, is not developing into what the Avs exactly expected of him (may end up being a winger for us long term) so dealing him for a natural winger with similar age and ceiling seems fine to me. bonus points to Jesse for being a Rants comrade and more bonus points for having the best nickname on these boards, Poolparty. low IQ is a problem but on the Avs... through recent years it looks like it is a requisite to play here, so... lol
Pool party hockey IQ is not the low standard people on Hf make it out to be. He looks to me like he’s handeling dynamite . An organization with steonger depth will do wonders and allow him to grow confidence and therefore play to expected standard. But Jost for pool party would be solid trade for both teams.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
In my limited views of JP hes always seemed to look overwhelmed. Instead of playing a dominant leading role like he did in jr, it looks like hes trying to be more of a complimentary player. Seems like hes just trying to keep up with linemates and not make mistakes

At some point you gotta just take the bull by the horns and run with it.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
In my limited views of JP hes always seemed to look overwhelmed. Instead of playing a dominant leading role like he did in jr, it looks like hes trying to be more of a complimentary player. Seems like hes just trying to keep up with linemates and not make mistakes

At some point you gotta just take the bull by the horns and run with it.
He was not developed right..
TOI per game is limited which keeps him rusty and afraid to make mistakes.. His shot was a strong point in juniors yet he gets no PP time. He may not be good but Oilers certainly haven't helped him play to his strengths.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
He was not developed right..
TOI per game is limited which keeps him rusty and afraid to make mistakes.. His shot was a strong point in juniors yet he gets no PP time. He may not be good but Oilers certainly haven't helped him play to his strengths.
I certainly feel he'd be better used as a line driver.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Pass from the Wild. Eriksson Ek is a solid player and improving while Puljujarvi seems like a bu.... hold on, Fenton's texing me. OK, he wants me to counter: Dumba for Lucic.

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
Yes, but all look like their only chance at becoming NHL regulars is a change of scenery.
i think this would work honestly i know ho sang as and ego problem but if theres a person that can get through him it may be mcdaivd im pretty sure there were freinds growning up dal cole you could do something with him . a winning envoriment for pool party will do wonders for him . but i think he goes down to bakersfeild and trys and gets his swagger down there in the winning enviorment

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
4. Jesse Puljujarvi for Henrik Bjorgstrom

Bjorgstrom, like Puljujarvi, is a 2016 draft pick that has solid AHL numbers this year but has struggled to gain traction in the NHL. The Panthers need right-shot forwards, and may believe that Pulju could explode playing with fellow Finn Alexander Barkov.

Owen Tippett is that

While I even as a Panthers are not sold on Borgstrom I don't want Pulju at that price. Pulju reminds me too much of Bjugstad

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Jost is O.K I feel like he may be another Ryan Strome and do nothing offensively, hes actually gotten a decent amount of PP time and his numbers are still abysmal. But he is a local kid and a center - 2 things our management love. If that's the best offer we get I would probably do it.
I think the floor for both of these guys are competent 3rd liners. Ceiling is higher for Pulju though imo. Being back in his hometown area could make it easier on Jost. Likewise having a fellow young Finn who has found success in Rantanen could help Pulju.

Preferably we keep Pulju. Send him to the AHL for hopefully a long playoff run and re-evaluate the situation in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad