Proposal: 6 Puljujarvi Trade Ideas

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
JEE and Donato are the only trades that i see logical. The other ones not a chance the other team agrees. JP is pretty bad

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Maybe it's just been my luck but I thought Thompson looked really good in pre-season against the Leafs, and every time I have watched the Sabres since he looks pretty poor with flashes of talent. If I was a Buffalo fan I'd take that deal all day long.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
4. Jesse Puljujarvi for Henrik Bjorgstrom

Bjorgstrom, like Puljujarvi, is a 2016 draft pick that has solid AHL numbers this year but has struggled to gain traction in the NHL. The Panthers need right-shot forwards, and may believe that Pulju could explode playing with fellow Finn Alexander Barkov.

This one doesn't sound right to me. I think it would take two Puljus for 1 Borgstrom. Borgstrom has a bright future and Panthers are pretty high on him.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
You want the Bruins to add to Donato because of "draft pedigree"?! You didn't seriously just suggest draft position of an underwhelming player holds more value than actual performance? So Yakupov is still worth something because of his "draft pedigree" too now according to your logic?

If you swap one underwhelming player for another, consider it a win. Or you take a lesser player with a mid range draft pick and consider it a win. Those are the only two scenarios in which you don't add, no one is going to overpay you based on Puljujarvi's perceived untapped potential which he may or may not achieve.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
You want the Bruins to add to Donato because of "draft pedigree"?! You didn't seriously just suggest draft position of an underwhelming player holds more value than actual performance? So Yakupov is still worth something because of his "draft pedigree" too now according to your logic?

If you swap one underwhelming player for another, consider it a win. Or you take a lesser player with a mid range draft pick and consider it a win. Those are the only two scenarios in which you don't add, no one is going to overpay you based on Puljujarvi's perceived untapped potential which he may or may not achieve.
What about a 1 for 1?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Donato is a lesser player than Puljujarvi. Both have sad stats this season. Donato is 2 yrs older and does not have the same upside.
-11 on a playoffs team is worse than -14 on a garbage team.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Get ready to be disappointed, Edmonton.

If any of those players are similar in value to Kyrou, there’s no way you’re getting them - let alone for Puljujaarvi.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Get ready to be disappointed, Edmonton.

If any of those players are similar in value to Kyrou, there’s no way you’re getting them - let alone for Puljujaarvi.
Thanks for the concern.
Oilers shouldnt be looking for fringe NHL players anyway.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Donato is a lesser player than Puljujarvi. Both have sad stats this season. Donato is 2 yrs older and does not have the same upside.
-11 on a playoffs team is worse than -14 on a garbage team.
I can’t believe you just unironically used +/- as your argument. You should be embarrassed.

None of these players are markedly “lesser” than Puljujarvi at this point. Some are actually better.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I think thats a good scenario for Ho-Sang. He has talent and a history with Mcdavid and I think Mcdavid could have a good influence on him.

The problem with trading him to the Island is that if he doesn't want to go to the AHL, the Islanders have no open roster spots for him. They are currently carrying 23 and will have to already clear two spots for Ladd and Hickey who are due back sometime in the next two weeks.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
I would take the risk:

Lehkonen for Puljujarvi

If Lehkonen next year have 20 goals + , Habs would receive a 2nd pick
If Puljujarvi next year have 20 goals + , Oilers would receive a 2nd pick

Reactions: Mestaruus

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So what does "too high" really mean? As if someone like Kyrou would fit the description of "too high".
Oilers should be going after someone like Dzingle instead of the names mentioned in this thread.

Yes, Kyrou is too high. So is Dzingel.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Yes, Kyrou is too high. So is Dzingel.
No Kyrou is no better than Tyler Benson and Dzingle is a pending UFA who will return a 2nd+prospect at best. Pulju's value is about that if not more.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No Kyrou is no better than Tyler Benson and Dzingle is a pending UFA who will return a 2nd+prospect at best. Pulju's value is about that if not more.

Simply, no, his value is not currently that high

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No thanks from the Wild. We need good centers after Koivu and Staal are gone.
And it must hurt Lapa, a good Finnish boy, to say he'd rather have a Swede on his team than Pulju.:)

Puljujarvi has some value. Just don't know what it is. Thompson is maybe the closest? I don't see either Kunin , or especially Greenway, being moved for him either.

Reactions: nstarjim and Lapa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->