GDT: 6 PM - Phase 2 of the 2020 NHL Draft Lottery - Alexis Lafreniere Sweepstakes - NBCSN, NHLN, SN, TVAS

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
This site struggles when the Leafs get eliminated or don't win a draft lottery. Could you imagine if they ever accomplished anything of note whatsoever? We'd be down for a week. They might make Canadiens fans rioting to celebrate their 1 seed knocking out the 8 seed in 7 games of round 1 look like child's play

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-8-10_19-40-3.png

Reactions: bbfan419 and Alicat

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I'm Okay with this. I didn't want him going to The Pens, Leafs or Oilers , they have had enough top picks. Ideally the Wild but it could have been worse. At the same time I'm thinking of the player as well , you don't want a player of this caliber playing on a team he really doesn't want to play for. If I was him I would be happy to play in NY and I assume he will be too. Good Luck Laffy.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
This site struggles when the Leafs get eliminated or don't win a draft lottery. Could you imagine if they ever accomplished anything of note whatsoever? We'd be down for a week. They might make Canadiens fans rioting to celebrate their 1 seed knocking out the 8 seed in 7 games of round 1 look like child's play

I really wish we didn't lose old threads. My posts are mostly boring, but my exchange with a Habs fan over them rioting after a first round win was my comedic zenith. He was giving all sorts of excuses for the riot, my reply was "I don't care, nobody should riot after a first round win. My team just won in the first round and you know what I did? I made a f***ing sandwich."

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'm alright with the Rags. Had hoped for the Wild, or would've enjoyed Nash or Winnipeg. At the end of the day, I'm just happy the pick isn't going to the Pens, Habs, or Leafs. Oilers would've been a funny result, keep the train rollin!

Lafrenire and Kakko on left and right wing will make a good first line for a long time.

Reactions: BMC and bbfan419

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I know some may disagree with me here, since I know we don't like the Rangers, but I feel like the NHL is a better league when the Rangers are competitive.

Honestly, I feel like the “rivalry” between the Rangers and Bruins is pretty contrived. It seems like it tries to piggy back off of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry more than anything.

I should note there are two sources of possible bias in my opinion: a. My girlfriend’s family is all Rangers fans and I return the favor of “rooting” for them as they root for the Bruins when it’s not the Rangers and b. I am 31 and possibly do not recall earlier moments in the so called rivalry.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko coming soon?

Hard to knock down Panarin, though.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I almost believe this wasn’t rigged.

Truthfully, he should have gone to Detroit; Ottawa; or LA. At least Montreal; Pittsburgh; or Toronto didn’t get the top pick.

Amen, I hate to rag on the NHL After they pulled off a RTP as amazing as they did, I tip my hat 10 times , truly amazing. Now , WTF was that?
I get that you want to discourage tanking and I'm on board with that but there is no way the 19th ranked team out of 31 should have the 1st pick.
The idea of a draft is to give the best players to the teams that need it most.....................................how did we accomplish that? We didn't. So FAIL, FAIL, FAIL.................................. after pulling off the best RTP among all major sports you had to go and f*** it up with the most (I can't say the words to best describe it) I'm going to go with the most ****** challenged way to do it. Detroit had a .275 winning % almost 25% of those wins came at the hands of the Habs but the 1st pick goes to a team who was 1 point behind the 11th rank OA team, WTF? I'LL ASK AGAIN , WTF?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rangers will he loaded

way too soon to give up on Kakko, he looks fine for a kid in his first year imo. Basically did what Seguin did production-wise. You give him Lafreniere and watch them go in 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad