GDT: #6: Panthers 5 at FLYERS 6 (2-1 SO), Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
But didn't you hear him? He's a bust. These stats are impossible.
It's just someone/people not looking at all the info available. Or trolling.

I 100% expected to see a better Patrick to start this season and pre-season and that has not happened. But I have enough common sense to see that he has proved over a 2.5 month period, that he could produce as a 2nd line C offensively while playing well defensively.

So while his slow start sucks, it means little. Unless those same people also believe Gudas is now a PPG Dman, Laughton will be a 49 goal scorer, Weise will be a PPG player, and Konecny is going to only have 16 points this year.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Ok @Captain Dave Poulin . I see how it is.

We’ll see how funny you are when my mom calls your mom and you get grounded.

Nope. Brown hair.

You may be thinking that because I don’t have a soul, which is true, but that isn’t because of being a ginger.
Nah asking because I think Cap'n should use a young Harry Potter in his Photoshops instead of this angry ginger baby.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Okay so after this season let's talk about him again, guy looks absolutely atrocious this year so far. Skating has def not improved, that's something you cannot argue.

His skating has been fine. Hell, dare I say that he actually looks faster than even Giroux. The fact that you're already giving up on him when he's barely 20 years old is f***ing hilarious. Give him time. It's going to be a long season and he'll be back to play some good hockey. Also, generally, with this season, the offense has been sporadic at best and from what I can tell, the 2nd line hasn't done much this year so far, with or without Patrick. So to say he's a bust after 1 season + 4 games is amazingly shortsighted.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It's just someone/people not looking at all the info available. Or trolling.

I 100% expected to see a better Patrick to start this season and pre-season and that has not happened. But I have enough common sense to see that he has proved over a 2.5 month period, that he could produce as a 2nd line C offensively while playing well defensively.

So while his slow start sucks, it means little. Unless those same people also believe Gudas is now a PPG Dman, Laughton will be a 49 goal scorer, Weise will be a PPG player, and Konecny is going to only have 16 points this year.

The first few weeks will always be a weird one. But once everything calms down, evens out and people start to figure out themselves and the game and the opponents, those who should be producing will start to do so and those that are off to a wickedly hot start will probably cool off a little bit.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Oh and Patrick’s a bust? :laugh:

Damn. Just like Couturier...

This isn’t Facebook pal. Save the brainless hot takes for your friends and family who don’t know any better. You’re just asking to be mocked by posting dumb things like this.
Since you mentioned Couts....back on his 32 point pace. Back to normal.

But honestly, MOST people saw how effective a 39 point Couts was for the team. So if Patrick was only a 40-50 point guy playing great D, that is a very valuable player.

But he certainly has 60 point upside, just like we said Couts did. And playing at that 52 point pace shows meaning behind that expectation. He has shown he can at least play to that level. It's silly to say a just turned 20 year old is a bust.

Reactions: Striiker

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If the Vorobyev-Knight swap happens, just watch how fast the Hakstol Lovers turn on him and pretend Vorobyev been bad.

There’s 0% chance they admit Hakstol ****s up.

Hak is a coach that will never, EVER admit fault. He could start a game with just Lehtera on the ice and then start commenting as and complaining that AMac is getting shit talked.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Since you mentioned Couts....back on his 32 point pace. Back to normal.

But honestly, MOST people saw how effective a 39 point Couts was for the team. So if Patrick was only a 40-50 point guy playing great D, that is a very valuable player.

But he certainly has 60 point upside, just like we said Couts did. And playing at that 52 point pace shows meaning behind that expectation. He has shown he can at least play to that level. It's silly to say a just turned 20 year old is a bust.
Yeah, there’s absolutely zero reason for concern right now.

Mild disappointment? Sure.
Bust? Not even close.

Some people just have zero perspective or foresight. Completely blinded by what’s at the end of their nose.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Of all the people to single out, why the f*** are you singling out Patrick @VoraceksWristShot?

He's played 47 total minutes this season and he just turned 20 years old less a month ago.

For f***s sake, focus on the actual trash in the organization. There's plenty to go around. Here's a list for reference:
  • Hakstol
  • Lappy
  • MacDonald
  • Hagg
  • Lehtera
  • Weise
  • Elliott
  • Neuvirth

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That 1-0 loss must've really been a turn on for Jeff to consider willingly using two 4th line centers in the bottom 6 over a talented young rook. One who can't skate and is in his last year in the NHL; the other who is in his first (and also possibly last) year in the NHL at age 28. That's also 2/4 PKers.

But more importantly, I f***ing live for Hakstol water sports gifs. I eagerly scroll to the bottom of every Cap'n GDT to see the latest one.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What they should have done was draft a shoot first winger since they don't have any. Tolvanen was staring them in the face at 2, but Hextall has no guts.

Or have we moved on from Tolvanen now that he's not the FotM anymore? If someone could tell me who to sarcastically substitute instead, I'd appreciate it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Are these the same people who said Lehtera was going to be the 2C last game?
Let's see who plays tomorrow night, before jumping to conclusions.
In fact, let's see who's healthy enough to play.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What they should have done was draft a shoot first winger since they don't have any. Tolvanen was staring them in the face at 2, but Hextall has no guts.

Or have we moved on from Tolvanen now that he's not the FotM anymore? If someone could tell me who to sarcastically substitute instead, I'd appreciate it.

Can you be any more ignorant?

Tolvanen should've been picked over Frost. Pettersson (or at least Mittelstadt) should've been picked over Patrick. No one has ever said anything to the contrary.

My recommendation is to stop being ignorant, fighting a lost battle, and help decide who we should've drafted instead over Jay O'Brien, a shoot first winger.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Bellows. ;)

I understand being hesitant of selecting players based off a few traits & not being confident those traits will translate enough to make a player valuable. But I wish they’d show restraint the other way too.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
giphy-downsized.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad