GDT: #6| New York Islanders @ Los Angeles Kings | October 18th | 10:30 PM | F/W 7-2

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
cut.jpg

NEW YORK ISLANDERS (2-3-0) AT LA KINGS (2-3-1)
10:30 P.M. ET - STAPLES CENTER
TV: MSG+, MSG GO, NHL.TV
RADIO: 88.7FM WRHU | 103.9FM LI NEWS | RADIO.COM
GAME NOTES

Barry Trotz was happy with the Islanders effort, though not the result, in a 4-1 loss to the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday night. That said, the Islanders coach wants to see how his team responds when they take on the LA Kings on the second half of a back-to-back set.

"I would take that game most nights," Trotz said of Wednesday's contest. "The hockey gods sometimes they don't give you the result and it's a little test to see if you're mentally strong enough, can you handle it… Do you pout or go in a different direction. That's the process we're going through."

The Islanders are currently 0-2-0 on their four-game road trip, which continues Thursday in LA and concludes on Saturday in San Jose.
ISLANDERS NOTES:

-- Robin Lehner will start in goal for the Islanders. Lehner is 1-1-0 to start the season with a 2.02 goals-against average, a .937 save percentage and one shutout.

-- Johnny Boychuk briefly left Wednesday's game after taking a Marcus Pettersson shot off his left ankle. Head Coach Barry Trotz was surprised to see Boychuk return after needing to be helped off the ice and said he wanted to re-evaluate the defenseman before Thursday's contest.

UPDATE: Boychuk took the Islanders optional morning skate and is expected to play on Thursday night.

-- The Isles are 1-7-0 since then in their last eight games in LA, winning only on a Kyle Okposo shootout tally in 2014, and scoring only nine goals (plus that shootout winner in the eight games). The Islanders last regulation win in Los Angeles came with Garth Snow in net in 2003.

-- Overall, the Islanders are 6-6-0 over the last 12 games vs. Los Angeles.

Dp1WPihX4AAx1kU.jpg:large

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Thanks, i'm going to this one tonight. Would be nice to see some offense.

Trotz should know better then to reference "Hockey Gods", if I never hear that expression again, i'll have a decent life.

I use it, but I'm glad it's not going to be over used anymore. No more battle level, or bounces, or generic "you gotta find a way" answers.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
So unbroken, you wouldn't believe it. Our coach puts sticky notes over his body before he sleeps and whatever is still stuck to him in the morning is his game plan.

Please kind sir, email your coach and tell him to give us a win.

I'm not sure what's happening here anymore, but OK.

Reactions: xECK29x and Eberzal

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
This is going to be a 4-2 loss tonight... we are going have a Scott Gordon type of year where we struggle in the first 30 or so games then find ourselves and make a run towards the playoffs

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
Expecting a loss here, just have a feeling we’re going to come out flat, and if that happens I’m going to bed after the first

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Same **** two nights in a row. Only this time, we have to wait an extra 30 minutes for the privilege!

Actually, tonight I don’t think we see the same effort. Flat and mistake prone.

LA is looking to get their season going, what better way than to pounce on the Isles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->