6 in 5 Playoff Thread

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
National Hockey League Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

Odds of making post season: 100%
Odds of winning president's trophy: 0.6%
Odds of winning Stanley Cup: 10.2%

Going 9-14-3 gets us in according to this site.
Interesting. I wonder how much weight they put on recent performance. My guess is 'not much', given that we are 4th and comfortably ahead of the red hot Blues. Most stats guys are not nearly as high on us than that site is.

The Central confuses the living f*** out of me. No one has been consistently good, but somehow we have five playoff spots.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
You can make your own assumptions about why I don't update or post as much in HFJets. I'm still going to keep up this thread though.

This update starts vs BUF and ends with the COL 7-1 loss

1st 5: 6 Points
2nd 5: 7 Points
3rd 5: 6 Points
4th 5: 7 Points
5th 5: 6 Points
6th 5: 8 Points
7th 5: 8 Points
8th 5: 4 Points
9th 5: 8 Points
10th 5: 6 Points
11th 5: 3 Points
12th 5: 5 Points

TOTAL SEGMENTS BELOW PACE: 3
TOTAL SEGMENTS ABOVE PACE: 5
TOTAL SEGMENTS AT PACE: 4

Total Points Above Pace: 2

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
if we win one and lose one we are exactly at the line which in a normal year would mean just above playoff line

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
if we win one and lose one we are exactly at the line which in a normal year would mean just above playoff line
Minnesota is the first wild card.

In other news: Minnesota is 8.8 points behind the 6 in 5 line.

The traditional model of 6 in 5 does not apply to the West this year. Heck, Nashville leads the Central and is actually behind that pace (-0.2 points).

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
The way they are playing and their schedule I'd be surprised if they can go 7-10-2. Could you f'ing imagine if this team ended up missing the playoffs?? What a **** storm. At least we would get a new coach out of it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The way they are playing and their schedule I'd be surprised if they can go 7-10-2. Could you f'ing imagine if this team ended up missing the playoffs?? What a **** storm. At least we would get a new coach out of it.
Actually Sports Club gives the Jets a 100% chance at making the playoffs with that record. They would need to go 4-14-1 to have less than a 50% chance.

jokesondee

Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Actually Sports Club gives the Jets a 100% chance at making the playoffs with that record. They would need to go 4-14-1 to have less than a 50% chance.
Hope so. I don't know how its all calculated but i doubt if it factors in variable like Minnesota or Colorado rattling off 9 wins in a row, etc. So im sure those odds can change quickly.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hope so. I don't know how its all calculated but i doubt if it factors in variable like Minnesota or Colorado rattling off 9 wins in a row, etc. So im sure those odds can change quickly.
Then you would also need the Avs and Stars to have similar runs to drop us out of at least a Wild Card spot, and everyone is having to do it by playing each other.

jokesondee

Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Then you would also need the Avs and Stars to have similar runs to drop us out of at least a Wild Card spot, and everyone is having to do it by playing each other.
Fair enough but not impossible. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if they would have gotten their shit together after the allstar break. Its been a steady slide into the abyss since then.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So Jets

Need to go 18-0
The rest of the way to beat last year's point total.

Crazy record last year...

Yes, it was.

Thankfully, we only need to go 6-10-2 to have an almost assured spot, and 8-9-1 to not require "help" from any other team to get into the playoffs. Those totals hover around the 6 in 5'ish line. :nod:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yes, it was.

Thankfully, we only need to go 6-10-2 to have an almost assured spot, and 8-9-1 to not require "help" from any other team to get into the playoffs. Those totals hover around the 6 in 5'ish line. :nod:

I rest easy at night knowing Paul Maurice is an .800 coach in Winnipeg in the last 10 games of every season.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
The Jets have a 70% chance as it stands right now to win the Central.

I don't think anyone here really truly believed in their heart of hearts that we wouldn't make the playoffs at all

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
WPG

Plenty of options remain for our first-round match-up. Some are good, others are scary. There are many close battles awaiting us.

I reckon Arizona would be the best option for us, followed by St. Louis and then Nashville. God mode Bishop and Minnesota's incredible ability to limit shot quality are things I want nothing to do with at this stage.

Reactions: DRW204

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
WPG

Plenty of options remain for our first-round match-up. Some are good, others are scary. There are many close battles awaiting us.

I reckon Arizona would be the best option for us, followed by St. Louis and then Nashville. God mode Bishop and Minnesota's incredible ability to limit shot quality are things I want nothing to do with at this stage.
STL and MIN are quite similar defensively. Both are 2 of the best teams in HDCA at 5v5 (1st & 2nd least respectively), and STL is 2nd in least in CA and SOGs. I think STL has better offensive talent than Minny and is evidently riding a hot goalie in Binnington (i do think lot of it has to do with STLs strong team D play).

Kind of is unfortunate the Jets played all their games against STL in 2018 and have non left against the '19 version of the Blues

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
STL and MIN are quite similar defensively. Both are 2 of the best teams in HDCA at 5v5 (1st & 2nd least respectively), and STL is 2nd in least in CA and SOGs. I think STL has better offensive talent than Minny and is evidently riding a hot goalie in Binnington (i do think lot of it has to do with STLs strong team D play).

Kind of is unfortunate the Jets played all their games against STL in 2018 and have non left against the '19 version of the Blues
Crazy how 6 in 5 doesn't just make playoffs but will probably win the division

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Not afraid of meeting St. Louis in the playoffs whatsoever......none of the teams worry me to be honest.

LaScheifers

Feb 20, 2019
Not afraid of meeting St. Louis in the playoffs whatsoever......none of the teams worry me to be honest.
Me neither...I think we meet San Jose in western final. Eat sushi in 6(not sure how shark would taste).
Someone should do a jaws themed gdt for each game too...start at the first movie for game 1 and continue from there

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Minnesota has a murderers row of games to end the season compared to Arizona, it's going to tough for them to get in now. That game between the 2 on the 31st will be an important one

Calgary and San Jose's end of season schedule is a joke, those 2 will be flip flopping first place right until the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->