6 in 5 Playoff Thread

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Don't think I've forgotten this thread. My prediction of seven points came down to the Jets winning instead of losing a shootout. Vs NYR

1st 5: 6 Points
2nd 5: 7 Points
3rd 5: 6 Points
4th 5: 7 Points
5th 5: 6 Points
6th 5: 8 Points

Total: +4 so far on the season. If we win 3 and lose two the rest of the way we'll hit 102 points.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Also how much panic will set in if we get six points in the next section :laugh:

I can't imagine how insane this place would be if the Jets actually had a bad section.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I predict 7 points in the next five games, BTW.

Don't think I've forgotten this thread. My prediction of seven points came down to the Jets winning instead of losing a shootout. Vs NYR

[snip]

Total: +4 so far on the season. If we win 3 and lose two the rest of the way we'll hit 102 points.

tenor.gif

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I love this thread. Only thing I'll nitpick, is that I prefer a spreadsheet style updated after every game.

I love me some spreadsheets.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The simplicity of 6 in 5 is a thing of beauty IMO. S*** happens all season long and the roller coaster goes up and down, but just maintain this and you are in the playoffs. Guaranteed.

Count me in on this camp, 16 milestones on the critical path of a seasons journey. I prefer this rhythm.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I think I will try to contribute. As I loves me some spreadsheeting!

Last edited:

sixty minute hockey

Feb 7, 2012
Manitoba
Link to Spreadsheet

This is just a quick and dirty google spreadsheet I put together so its not pretty looking and it might have some errors.

It is a read only file but the sheet is made so that you only have to add data into the "W/L/OT" column and the rest of the sheet populates itself.

I will be updating the file periodically as the season goes on.

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Link to Spreadsheet

This is just a quick and dirty spreadsheet I put together so its not pretty looking and it might have some errors.

It is a read only file but the sheet is made so that you only have to add data into the "W/L/OT" column and the rest of the sheet populates itself.

I will be updating the file periodically as the season goes on.

Very cool! :thumbu:

When I was charting this stuff on a web app a few years ago, I also calculated a few other things that you might want to consider for that spreadsheet, like point pace, etc. You can see here:

6 in 5 Pace

That was not a particularly good year, BTW. :D

Reactions: ps241

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Jets back on pace for 114 points - same as last year.

Also, if playoffs started today we'd face the Oilers. Can you imagine?!

So much tough history in that matchup, but we'd have home ice advantage against them for the first time ever.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
It is also nice to have a thread where some of us more laid back posters don't always have to out shout there is always a reason to panic and climb out on the edge crowd. I've learned to appreciate that there will always be highs and lows in a season and over 6 months of hockey there will be many rough patches along with a few really good stretches. But each and every year one thing remains consistent, the playoff line is always in a very tightly defined range and if you get there you are in the playoffs. The true key is having enough talent to truly compete, which I believe we have and have your team playing their best hockey at the right time (playoffs). And oh yeah, nothing else means s*** if you don't have great goaltending when you need it most.

It's my "Hockey Zen" thread - I find it calming and relaxing to catch up to the latest post in a thread where nobody's panicking or several posters are having at each other picking nits about Laine or goaltending etc.

And this season, it appears that this thread is the Far From The Madding Crowd area of HFJets.

sixty minute hockey

Feb 7, 2012
Manitoba
Very cool! :thumbu:

When I was charting this stuff on a web app a few years ago, I also calculated a few other things that you might want to consider for that spreadsheet, like point pace, etc. You can see here:

6 in 5 Pace

That was not a particularly good year, BTW. :D

That web app looks pretty sick.

I wanted to add a projected point total that updates automatically last night but I didn't have enough time. So I added it today as well as an automatically updated indicator of the number of series with 6+ points vs number of series entered.

The spreadsheet

Last edited:
Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
When you win the first 3 games of a 5 game set, it makes the 6 in 5 thread pretty easy.

7th 5: 8 Points

Total: +6 so far on the season.

We're ultra consistent so far this year. No span under 6, and 4/7 above that pace.

You can't ask for better results.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
When you win the first 3 games of a 5 game set, it makes the 6 in 5 thread pretty easy.

7th 5: 8 Points

Total: +6 so far on the season.

We're ultra consistent so far this year. No span under 6, and 4/7 above that pace.

You can't ask for better results.
Perfect post to sign off for the night :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->