6 in 5 Playoff Thread

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I don't think we can talk "pace" at this point. Our schedule so far is not a representative sampling. 7 out of those 10 games have been against teams that in all likelihood will not be in the playoffs. I do not like at all what I've seen so far against the good teams. For all the skill we have, we just might not be a good team. Maybe Vegas wasn't the only team to overachieve last year. Now, I'm not going to push That Button just yet, but I'm certainly keeping my hand close. :)

panic-button.jpg

It's the pace we're currently on though. Maintain it, and we'll be in the playoffs. That's the purpose of this thread - track the pace: no more, no less. There are many, many other threads to "panic" in.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't think we can talk "pace" at this point. Our schedule so far is not a representative sampling. 7 out of those 10 games have been against teams that in all likelihood will not be in the playoffs. I do not like at all what I've seen so far against the good teams. For all the skill we have, we just might not be a good team. Maybe Vegas wasn't the only team to overachieve last year. Now, I'm not going to push That Button just yet, but I'm certainly keeping my hand close. :)

panic-button.jpg

I don't disagree with your sentiment but its allot easier for me to process my day to day highs and lows after win"z" and losses by focusing on 6 in 5. Shockingly its a pretty tough pace to maintain.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's the pace we're currently on though. Maintain it, and we'll be in the playoffs. That's the purpose of this thread - track the pace: no more, no less. There are many, many other threads to "panic" in.
It is also nice to have a thread where some of us more laid back posters don't always have to out shout there is always a reason to panic and climb out on the edge crowd. I've learned to appreciate that there will always be highs and lows in a season and over 6 months of hockey there will be many rough patches along with a few really good stretches. But each and every year one thing remains consistent, the playoff line is always in a very tightly defined range and if you get there you are in the playoffs. The true key is having enough talent to truly compete, which I believe we have and have your team playing their best hockey at the right time (playoffs). And oh yeah, nothing else means s*** if you don't have great goaltending when you need it most.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It is also nice to have a thread where some of us more laid back posters don't always have to out shout there is always a reason to panic and climb out on the edge crowd. I've learned to appreciate that there will always be highs and lows in a season and over 6 months of hockey there will be many rough patches along with a few really good stretches. But each and every year one thing remains consistent, the playoff line is always in a very tightly defined range and if you get there you are in the playoffs. The true key is having enough talent to truly compete, which I believe we have and have your team playing their best hockey at the right time (playoffs). And oh yeah, nothing else means s*** if you don't have great goaltending when you need it most.

Yup....the crazy part is in almost every non playoff season in the 2.0 era one more win a month would have got us in the playoffs. That feels minuscule doesn’t it? The margins between in and out are paper thin in the NHL.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup....the crazy part is in almost every non playoff season in the 2.0 era one more win a month would have got us in the playoffs. That feels minuscule doesn’t it? The margins between in and out are paper thin in the NHL.
Agreed, and no single game is a given. Some games are pulled out of nowhere and others seemingly given away. You just need to keep grinding out the points and end off the season on the right side of the line. Then anything can happen if you have enough talent which we do.

Reactions: ps241 and YWGinYYZ

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We are already at 7 in 5 before even playing game 5 tomorrow on the current stretch.

I see sportsclubstats finally updated their standings, but they are still almost a week behind lol. Jets at the point were "real" .500 the rest of the season (with 7 OTL) should get them a wildcard spot at least. As of game 17 we were at 88.4% to make the playoffs so that should have increased by now.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
We are already at 7 in 5 before even playing game 5 tomorrow on the current stretch.

I see sportsclubstats finally updated their standings, but they are still almost a week behind lol. Jets at the point were "real" .500 the rest of the season (with 7 OTL) should get them a wildcard spot at least. As of game 17 we were at 88.4% to make the playoffs so that should have increased by now.

I'm updating every 5 games, but I'm going to be very happy after Wednesday regardless of result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->