GDT: [#6] Dallas Stars @ New Jersey Devils, 7:00 PM EST (FS-SW)

Will a depth player score ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Back to back against one of the teams that looks like it might be one of the best in the league so i didn't expect much but come one at times this was really stupid play. Hintz and Spezza played well , Smith looked ok. The rest of the forward core and the D not so much.

Think Khudobin was fine . He looked like you would expect an ok backup would look which is what he is. An ok backup with some weaknesses in his game .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Back to back against one of the team that look like it might be one of the best in the league so i didn't expect much but come one at times this was really stupid play. Hintz and Spezza played well , Smith looked ok. The rest of the forward core and the D not so much.

I know Razor likes to use this as a constant excuse throughout the game (full legs aren't going to be there, etc. etc.) but it is such a horrible excuse. Back to back have nothing to do why we lost. These are professional athletes, they can play back to back.. energy isn't the issue. We had three fresh legs in the line up. Energy isnt their issue.

Hell, some junior players (who play like 30 minutes a night) will play three in three.. same with AHL players..

Back to back is no excuse and Razor needs to shut up with his stupid narrative.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I know Razor likes to use this as a constant excuse throughout the game (full legs aren't going to be there, etc. etc.) but it is such a horrible excuse. Back to back have nothing to do why we lost. These are professional athletes, they can play back to back.. energy isn't the issue. We had three fresh legs in the line up. Energy isnt their issue.

Hell, some junior players (who play like 30 minutes a night) will play three in three.. same with AHL players..

I mean it doesn't help . Pretty sure winning percentage of teams playing on back to backs against rested teams is pretty bad in general. The big guns looked awful tonight after they played way too much yesterday and nobody else is looking like he can score at all.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016

Especially so early in the season

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston

Back to back with travel is a legit issue because they don't get to skate in the morning before the game. The energy should be there but they won't have the technical precision without that opportunity to warm up in the morning.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Back to back with travel is a legit issue because they don't get to skate in the morning before the game. The energy should be there but they won't have the technical precision without that opportunity to warm up in the morning.

Amazing how you lose all technical precision after playing hockey your entire life because you didn't do a few twirls around the ice in the morning.

Reactions: badboy1994

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I would normally agree somewhat, but the top guys were overplayed last night, and it was very evident today. I know we have no depth, but I'm not a fan of the top line playing 25 minutes on a back to back night. May have just been an injury issue more than anything though cause something was definitely wrong with Lindell and Radulov left late with an injury

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I don't use twitter enough to care to go on there, but someone want to tweet Jamie Benn and ask him to score a hattrick when it actually matters not when they're all but eliminated. Coulda used that tonight.

Judging by the comments I didn't miss much tonight.

1 real goal by a forward outside the top 3 in 6 games now. f***en embarrassing, but on the bright side I wasn't wrong on the poll question.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Amazing how you lose all technical precision after playing hockey your entire life because you didn't do a few twirls around the ice in the morning.

I don't think we can really be the judge of that considering none of us have played NHL level hockey. Whether it has an impact or not, we wouldn't know but they obviously do it for a reason

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't think we can really be the judge of that considering none of us have played NHL level hockey. Whether it has an impact or not, we wouldn't know but they obviously do it for a reason
I’ve heard multiple players say the morning skate is pretty much useless. It was adopted from the Russians decades ago and sticks because coaches are terrified of doing things too differently.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Razor’s tired excuse would also sound more palatable if the team hadn’t also been outskated the night before. When you’re outworked both nights, the excuses get hard to hear.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Wait- do you guys seriously think that back to back games on the road have no impact on the visiting team?

Any study I've read has determined that the probability of winning decreases by 5-7% if you're on the road on the 2nd half of a back to back.

This is pretty rudimentary stuff. Even though Razor makes a lot of lame excuses, I don't think the numbers lie.

northstars

May 11, 2016
Saskatchewan
I'm afraid its another missed playoffs if they don't get depth scoring going forward. Naturally Stars will draft somewhere around 10-13 like most years and pick yet another first round bust.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Faksa could have easily fed janmark on a 2 on 1 for a tap in and instead didn’t even look and just fired it and than janmark takes an weird slap shot from 5 feet out right into the goalies crest . Safe to say the team has confidence issues on the road . Dumb rushed decisions all night .

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Wait- do you guys seriously think that back to back games on the road have no impact on the visiting team?

Any study I've read has determined that the probability of winning decreases by 5-7% if you're on the road on the 2nd half of a back to back.

This is pretty rudimentary stuff. Even though Razor makes a lot of lame excuses, I don't think the numbers lie.
How do you explain the first game?

Reactions: badboy1994

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Gotta be honest: I’m glad I missed that game against NJ. Sounded like it was a bit of a stinker. But, give it time, folks. New coach. New system. Lots of young ‘uns. I fully think the Stars will pull it together, make the playoffs, and make some noise.

Reactions: ItsBennGreat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad