1. Dahlin
2. Dobson
3. Bouchard
4.Hughes
5. Boqvist

Last edited:

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
I thought Hughes' Combine interview was stellar. He really seems to want to play with Larks and be coached by Blash. I vote Hughes

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I can't fault anyone for voting Bouchard but I'd have a hard time passing on Kotkaniemi.

I'd probably put my remote through the TV if we passed on any of the defenders available for a guy who's risen from mid round because the rest of the centers in the draft suck.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'd probably put my remote through the TV if we passed on any of the defenders available for a guy who's risen from mid round because the rest of the centers in the draft suck.

Who has risen because he has high-end playmaking and 200 foot ability...

He was the second best player at the U-18's behind only next year's #1 pick in Jack Hughes. He was that good at the tournament. He has a big frame, needs just a little tick in his skating, but he is a good looking center prospect. I actually really like both the Finnish first round centers.

I like him slightly more than Bouchard. If they are concerned with Boqvist I understand. I would be disappointed if they went with him over Dobson or Hughes though.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Did you actually listen to it? Montreal might take Kotkaniemi. If that happens the whole list will spiral.

Yep and they just traded a young guy who was a potential center for them. If they take Kotkaniemi itll screw up a lot of mock drafts for sure. I prefer a dman so I kinda hope this happens, but if Kotkaniemi is as good as some people say he wouldnt be a bad pick for the wings either

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yep and they just traded a young guy who was a potential center for them. If they take Kotkaniemi itll screw up a lot of mock drafts for sure. I prefer a dman so I kinda hope this happens, but if Kotkaniemi is as good as some people say he wouldnt be a bad pick for the wings either

I think it actually hurts our chances at ending up with a defenseman.

Top 3 is looking like it is going to be:

1 - Dahlin
2 - Svech
3 - Kotkaniemi

I think one of the teams takes a defenseman at 4 or 5, and the other pick is going to be Zadina or Tkachuk. If it’s Zadina, I think Detroit takes Tkachuk at #6.

I just listened to the Bobcast, Bob seems pretty confident Kotkaniemi is going top 5. We will see, it seems the consensus has shaken up a lot as opposed to the mid-year mark.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think it actually hurts our chances at ending up with a defenseman.

Top 3 is looking like it is going to be:

1 - Dahlin
2 - Svech
3 - Kotkaniemi

I think one of the teams takes a defenseman at 4 or 5, and the other pick is going to be Zadina or Tkachuk. If it’s Zadina, I think Detroit takes Tkachuk at #6.

I just listened to the Bobcast, Bob seems pretty confident Kotkaniemi is going top 5. We will see, it seems the consensus has shaken up a lot as opposed to the mid-year mark.

I dont think Detroit is guaranteed to take Tkachuk if he falls at all. If a center is gone where Zadina should be, Zadina is getting taken in the next 2 picks, thats 4 forwards in the top 5 instead of only 3 possibly if Kotkaniemi doesnt go there. At most, one of Bouchard, Dobson, Boqvist or Hughes are gone at 4 or 5, and Zadina is the other one. I could also see Tkachuk being taken by one of those teams because they need forwards more than Detroit does. If Zadina goes third, 2 of those D could be gone if Tkachuk gets skipped

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I dont think Detroit is guaranteed to take Tkachuk if he falls at all. If a center is gone where Zadina should be, Zadina is getting taken in the next 2 picks, thats 4 forwards in the top 5 instead of only 3 possibly if Kotkaniemi doesnt go there. At most, one of Bouchard, Dobson, Boqvist or Hughes are gone at 4 or 5, and Zadina is the other one. I could also see Tkachuk being taken by one of those teams because they need forwards more than Detroit does. If Zadina goes third, 2 of those D could be gone if Tkachuk gets skipped

We will see, everything seems pretty fluid right now. Just pointing out Bob speculated Zadina or Tkachuk could push out of the top 5 now with the surge of Kotkaniemi and Dobson. Maybe it doesn’t come to fruition. I’ve heard we really like Tkachuk, but they have also been pumping up Bouchard’s tires for months now. I’ve thought all along it would be 1 of those 2, we will see. I would be ok with either one at #6 if Dobson is gone.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I think a lot of that has to do with the quality and depth of talent at the front of this draft. This is just a fantastic top 10 in terms of a draft.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
We will see, everything seems pretty fluid right now. Just pointing out Bob speculated Zadina or Tkachuk could push out of the top 5 now with the surge of Kotkaniemi and Dobson. Maybe it doesn’t come to fruition. I’ve heard we really like Tkachuk, but they have also been pumping up Bouchard’s tires for months now. I’ve thought all along it would be 1 of those 2, we will see. I would be ok with either one at #6 if Dobson is gone.

Yeah same here but I will say this. You hearing the wings really like Tkachuk is something I would take with a grain of salt, the front office isnt letting anything slip about hwo they really like. Tkachuk is projected to go top 5, so I'm sure they really like him but thats because this year all those guys are really good prospects. I've read they like Bouchard, Dobson, Zadina, Tkachuk and even Wahlstrom etc.

Its basically a lot of reporters likely trying to sound smart when they take one of those players they can say I told you so. When in reality all those guys are projected to go right around there anyways. I think just based on the numbers and common sense, the wings will likely take a Bouchard or Dobson over Tkachuk or Wahlstrom, but if something weir dhappens and they end up getting either of those 2 they wont be disappointed because they look like very god prospects

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Interesting to hear Bob's take on Merkley... With three picks from 30-36, I think it's almost hard to not take a crack at him if he's still there. With three picks, you can afford to bet on his attitude to change and his talent to pull through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad