Speculation: #6 After McKenzie podcast

what would you do

• Total voters

Christien

May 1, 2010
Hughes/Boqvist/Kotkaniemi

I would probably go with Hughes. I like Boqvist better as a prospect, but his injury history makes me pick Hughes at 6.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
with dobson gone, my choice now would be hughes. I've changed my mind a few times, but boquist concussions concern me. Dobson, if available, would be my first choice

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Hughes/Bouchard (I see upside to both, and really couldn't care less which way we go). Easily.

Unless someone is offering the sun, the moon and the stars for Kotkaniemi, and at least one of those things is still a top 10 pick.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Did you actually listen to it? Montreal might take Kotkaniemi. If that happens the whole list will spiral.
And there's still a chance that Colorado takes Ottawa's spot at #4. Things are far from set in stone.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wahlstrom and Boqvist have the highest upside of anyone left IMO, so I’d take 1 of those 2.

But I’d also be fine with Hughes or Bouchard.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Hughes is out because he's a hobbit.

Bouchard is out because he looks like a middle pairing guy.

That leaves Boqvist as the best player available.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
This is one of those years that unless they go completely off board, I'm going to be happy with whatever they logically pick.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Did you actually listen to it? Montreal might take Kotkaniemi. If that happens the whole list will spiral.
He was saying that Svechnikov is #2 and then it going Tkachuk, Zadina, Dobson, Kotkaniemi. I just speculate that order. I didn't like his comment on Hughes. He said that Kotka is the best center and some see him at best 5.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Bouchard, its no-brainer choice. If Bouchard and Dobson are gone before our pick, i would pick a forward.

Kotkaniemi, another strong two-way center. Larkin-Kotkaniemi-Rasmussen is good enough center trio, just surround them with elite wingers.

Wahlstrom, when was the last time Red Wings had a right handed sniper? Bret Hull is probably last one. Its never a mistake to pick a pure sniper.

Tkachuk-Larkin-Rasmussen. If this happens, this will be best shutdown line in the NHL in 3-4 years. Legion of doom 2.0

-----------
Q. Hughes got lot of talent, but i wouldn pick a smallish d-man in top-10. And he's a lefty too. Boqvist is righty, but several concussions already at that age. No thank you.

Bouchard/Dobson + Merkley
or
Tkachuk/Kotkaniemi/Wahlstrom + Merkley

And lets call it a day

Last edited:
Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->