GDT: 6/22/2018 | NHL Entry Draft | 7:30PM | NBCSN

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Now that the day is more or less upon us I am looking forward to seeing who we draft. Odds are good he'll be an important piece when we are actually good again in 5-7 years from now.

Reactions: BinCookin

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Going on record now in order of who I want:

Dobson #1, Bouchard #2, decent gap to forwards....Kotkaniemi #3 and I'm intrigued by Tkachuk. Could be a 70 point power forward and make the wings an immediately tough team to play against for years to come. He also could be a center at the next level, I read an interview today where his brother was actually talking about him being a center potentially. I think center and D are more important obviously and I'm not rooting for Tkachuk, but I'm not against him like some on here are because I think he might end up down the middle still. Hughes I would be very meh about. Hard to get excited about a dman that small but he definitely has the potential to be a player

Reactions: MikeyDee

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I will stay with the fact that if we pick in the Top 10 that is a good player assuming it isn't Smith or Hayton where a trade with the Islanders to get both would have made more sense and I still wouldn't be thrilled moving out of the top 10 so that is really the only way I am really upset. I might want some more than others, but all of them will help our organization.

Hughes, Tkachuk, Dobson and Wahlstrom in that order would be my happiest selections. But either way I am unlikely to throw shade at the player we draft, this is a very good draft.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
I'll stick with the draft board of

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Tkachuk
Kotkaniemi
Bouchard
Dobson
Wahlstrom

Any of them I'll be happy, disappointed of its Hughes or boqvist. Good players just not what I want and too many concerns.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
hoping for Boqvist but would also be happy with Bouchard or Hughes(or Zadina if he drops) or less happy but totally okay with Dobson

would be slightly disappointed but ultimately fine with Kotkaniemi or Wahlstrom,I like them fine just not enough that I wouldn't prefer to just take a defenseman

Tkachuk and i'm upset(although I really don't think he's gonna drop to 6,I feel like Zadina is actually more likely at this point)

Hayton and i'm pissed

all in all lots of players i'd be fine with so good odds i'm at least happy with the #6 pick I suppose,feeling a bit nervous though

as for the picks beyond #6 not feeling good about that at all right now after what happened last year,there will be a lot of talent available but I can't say i'm feeling optimistic about the Wings picking it

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Do you remember the stream of news about Rasmussen? The city visits afterwards?

I wouldn't read into Tkachuk to much, I have heard consistently all year that they like him. Perhaps they will pass on him if he falls to them and they just won't go winger, but I would be surprised. He adds an identity to this team and he complements a lot of what they have built up front.

I know there will be people that are unhappy, but I will be jacked if Tkachuk falls to us. He is an awesome talent, old school hockey player with the modern tools as well.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Do you remember the stream of news about Rasmussen? The city visits afterwards?

I wouldn't read into Tkachuk to much, I have heard consistently all year that they like him. Perhaps they will pass on him if he falls to them and they just won't go winger, but I would be surprised. He adds an identity to this team and he complements a lot of what they have built up front.

I know there will be people that are unhappy, but I will be jacked if Tkachuk falls to us. He is an awesome talent, old school hockey player with the modern tools as well.

I don't. Wings intended on drafting Lias Andersson @ #9 until Rangers traded up and foiled their plans when they snagged him 7th overall (he was predicted to go 15th-20th in mock drafts). Rasmussen was their 2nd choice.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't. Wings intended on drafting Lias Andersson @ #9 until Rangers traded up and foiled their plans when they snagged him 7th overall (he was predicted to go 15th-20th in mock drafts). Rasmussen was their 2nd choice.

Yes and there was a steady stream of information on Necas being one of our guys... I like Necas but the Wings liked Rasmussen a lot. They will have players ranked above the player we select this year as well. Such is life. I have heard from people I trust that Rasmussen was the highest player on our board at the time of his selection. They felt he was the best player on the board with the most potential when it was their time to walk to the podium.

Super glad we have him too, he had a great year especially once he came back from injury. I hope they pick the right guy this year, we have less than 24 hours to find out who they liked. If it is Tkachuk he has a ton of selling points to his game that seem to be getting ignored. He is an exceptional power forward prospect.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Yes and there was a steady stream of information on Necas being one of our guys... I like Necas but the Wings liked Rasmussen a lot. They will have players ranked above the player we select this year as well. Such is life. I have heard from people I trust that Rasmussen was the highest player on our board at the time of his selection. They felt he was the best player on the board with the most potential when it was their time to walk to the podium.

Super glad we have him too, he had a great year especially once he came back from injury. I hope they pick the right guy this year, we have less than 24 hours to find out who they liked. If it is Tkachuk he has a ton of selling points to his game that seem to be getting ignored. He is an exceptional power forward prospect.

Yes he was their 2nd choice. Kris Draper leaked some information about that today. He *implied* Lias Andersson was the kid they really, really wanted and thought they were for sure going to get him (since he was projected to go 15th-20th), but Rangers swooped in and ruined it. Ras is the kid they got... and they love him.

I like Ras better than Lias Andersson. But for him to get that much attention (and taken 7th from a trade-up), he must be something special.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I like Dobson on D. And Tkachuk if we go for a F.

Overall I will not be displeased with nearly any selection MacKenzie has ranked top 10.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's finally here!!!

image.gif

My board for #6 (assuming Dahlin and Svech are locks for 1 & 2):

Dobson
Bouchard
Hughes
Kotkaniemi
Zadina
Wahlstrom
Boqvist
Tkachuk

With 30/33/36, assuming we keep all 3 picks, I'd be thrilled with any of the following:

Noel
McLeod
Dellandrea
Miller
Wilde
McIsaac
Sandin
Alexeeyev
O'Brien
McBain
Addison

And, if DraftWire has the trade values correct, it works out almost dead even to swap 81+84+108 for Dallas' 2nd rounder at 44, for one extra crack at that huge wave of players in the 20-40+ range (assuming one of the above guys falls to 44). And it would still leave the earliest 3rd rounder to take a goalie.

BRING ON THE DRAFT!!!

tenor.gif

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yes he was their 2nd choice. Kris Draper leaked some information about that today. He *implied* Lias Andersson was the kid they really, really wanted and thought they were for sure going to get him (since he was projected to go 15th-20th), but Rangers swooped in and ruined it. Ras is the kid they got... and they love him.

I like Ras better than Lias Andersson. But for him to get that much attention (and taken 7th from a trade-up), he must be something special.

I actually don't assume and can pretty much promise you that Lias Andersson wasn't #1 on their board either. Rasmussen was their choice when they could actually select. Their actual list wouldn't have them #1 and #2, just kind of how this goes.

I mean only Brian Burke drafts the top player on his board every year.:laugh:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I think 6th is really hard to f*** up. I have a slight preference for Dobson and Hughes among the blueliners and Tkachuk among the forwards, but I would be honestly fine with any of these guys expected to go in the top 10. Hell if they trade back and take Hayton I could learn to forgive with time.

30th is far more interesting and dangerous to me. Get us one of Alexeyev, Dellandrea, Addison, O'Brien, Ylonen, Lundkvist or Olofsson and I will be very, very happy.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Happiness levels at #6:

Dahlin: 10/10 (for comparison)
Bouchard: 9/10
Dobson: 9/10
Boqvist: 8/10
Kotkaniemi: 8/10
Zadina: 7/10
Tkachuk: 5/10
Wahlstrom: 5/10
Hughes: 5/10
Hayton: 3/10
Anyone else: 0/10

happiness levels are a nice idea

Dobson 9.5/10
Hughes 9/10
Bouchard 8/10
Boqvist 8/10
Wahlstrom 7/10
Kotkaniemi 6.5/10
Zadina 6.5/10
Tkachuk 4/10
Hayton 1/10

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Wings interviewed Dahlin. They appear not interested in Tkachuk at all.

As Draper explained, they had to submit a list of prospects to interview at the combine BEFORE the lottery results, so of course they'd going to interview Dahlin. They also can't interview everyone. I wouldn't read too much into who was or wasn't interviewed by any one team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad