T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Happy monday everyone!

giphy.gif

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The funny thing is the lightning played probably their worst game ever in game 4 and still almost tied it if not for an amazing save by their defenseman. This is what happens when the real lightning show up. Islanders are toast.

Both games had similar 1st periods except the puck went in the net this time and we never looked back.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
The funny thing is the lightning played probably their worst game ever in game 4 and still almost tied it if not for an amazing save by their defenseman. This is what happens when the real lightning show up. Islanders are toast.
So when the Bolts lose, they didn’t show up, but when they win, the other team obviously showed up and TBL just beat them? Win with some class. Your team completely destroyed the Islanders tonight. Don’t bet on it happening again.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
So when the Bolts lose, they didn’t show up, but when they win, the other team obviously showed up and TBL just beat them? Win with some class. Your team completely destroyed the Islanders tonight. Don’t bet on it happening again.

They don't need it to happen again. They've shown they can beat the Islanders in whatever way the Islanders want to play. GG either way.

Reactions: Hoek and JFleegs

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah I gotta say, it's absolutely infuriating how anytime a team loses their fans puts it down to laziness or lack of effort. We love to assume that our team can beat anyone if they 'just wanted to'. Sometimes the other team can just play better.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Well, seeing as how New York was dragged into this, I think it's only fair that the lend the services of some players...

You can insult the Islanders all you want (and you should) and Lord knows I have, but when you bring in my state, we've got a problem! If they said "New York City" sucks, I'd be going all El Nino on those Tampa bastids.

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Yeah I gotta say, it's absolutely infuriating how anytime a team loses their fans puts it down to laziness or lack of effort. We love to assume that our team can beat anyone if they 'just wanted to'. Sometimes the other team can just play better.

This times 1,000. Sometimes you're windshield and sometimes you're the bug.

Reactions: FourRings

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Right? I don’t think the Islanders played their best game tonight, but Tampa dictated the play and made the Islanders look bad. That’s a testament to Tampa. The opposite was true about Saturday night. It’s ok to give your opponents credit lol.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Honestly, Isles fans I wouldn't take it too hard. 2017 ECF the Sens lost 7-0 to the Pens in Game #5. Then, they won game #6 2-1. Ultimately losing 3-2 in 2OT in Game #7, but the point is that getting blown out one game doesn't mean the series is over. Sometimes every bad thing happens in one night.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Honestly, Isles fans I wouldn't take it too hard. 2017 ECF the Sens lost 7-0 to the Pens in Game #5. Then, they won game #6 2-1. Ultimately losing 3-2 in 2OT in Game #7, but the point is that getting blown out one game doesn't mean the series is over. Sometimes every bad thing happens in one night.
We’re not. It was just one of those games. Burn the tape and be ready for Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->