OW8rlEi.png

9gASkYK.png

5GI9hqJ.png

GH864IB.png

0hv0QaA.png

jCxe7DT.png

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Uncle Leo finally capitalizes on his scoring chances and goes over the shoulder like he did for his highlight reel goal in the regular season. Tampa gets another PP right after the goal from a slash due to Kucherov fumbling the puck with no one around him.

Goal for reference at approximately 1:27 in this video:

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Nice job on the GDT!

Leave everything on the ice this game. Win this game and you put yourself in a great position. The mindset should be as if this was game 7. Let’s f***ing go!!!

Reactions: BillD and NYSaints

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Bolts need a Championship level effort tonight. Protecting home ice after a home and home split is going to be key. Pushing the Isles to the brink with a chance to close it out on the road is what I predicted for game 5. I am not looking for the Bolts to squeak by tonight. I need to see a dominate performance for a full 60 minutes with both teams leaving everything out on the ice.

This could be the best game of the playoffs so far. Win or lose, both of these teams have put on a great show! Go Bolts!

Reactions: Instant

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Nice job on the GDT!

Leave everything on the ice this game. Win this game and you put yourself in a great position. The mindset should be as if this was game 7. Let’s f***ing go!!!
Isles havent done this since against Bos in game 6. Not expecting it tonight either. Isles won game 4 because TB just happened to not score in the first 10 mins when the Isles were playing timid uninspired hockey with very passive defense with huge gaps. They have done that every game this series. If somehow TB doesnt score first Isles might win. Otherwise Id bet Isles come out soft again. Team that scores first wins.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Isles havent done this since against Bos in game 6. Not expecting it tonight either. Isles won game 4 because TB just happened to not score in the first 10 mins when the Isles were playing timid uninspired hockey with very passive defense with huge gaps. They have done that every game this series. If somehow TB doesnt score first Isles might win. Otherwise Id bet Isles come out soft again. Team that scores first wins.
In the Isles defense, every scoring chance they had in the first was a big chance. Nothing was just a generic shot hoping for a rebound.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Would be nice to take a win here to not make our life too difficult.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
No team has ever won 3 consecutive game 5's on the road.
The Islanders as a franchise historically have been known to set all types of new records during the playoffs. I think it would be fitting for Ryan Pulock to score his 5th GWG in this game to become the all time leader in most game winning goals by a defenseman wearing an Islander uniform.

Last edited:

NYSaints

Jun 2, 2021
That Pulock save has been giving me nightmares, it doesn't help that the clip is everywhere. Need a big redemption game today.

Its amazing how close McDonagh was to scoring, had he been a right shot he would have had it on his forehand and been able to fire it into a wide open net. Had TBL scored to tie it, they would have picked up a HUGE amount of momentum I'm not sure we could have overcome. Sometimes it is truly a game of inches, or even millimeters.

In my mind the McDonagh shot going in was very possible given how far Varlamov had moved out of goal - and could potentially be the turning point in the series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->