Post-Game Talk: #6 - 10/16/18 | avalanche @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I thought Chytil was noticeable. Makes a lot of subtle good passes to jumpstart the play the other way. He hustled and back checked well. But there were also some shifts where he stayed on the ice too long.
Definitely learned from Zucc.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
His shifts tend to be spend in the other team's zone but it seems like he's not quite making things happen offensively. Though he did set up Hayes late in the 3rd that Hayes passed behind Zucc.
He’s playing well, he’s just not consistently playing as well as he shows for a few shifts every game that remind people of how good he can be. Rookie stuff 101, he’ll be much better a month, two months, three, etc

Reactions: Fvital92

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We were even competitive against Carolina, we had the lead most of the game and gave up the last 3 goals late in the game. I also REALLY like Quinn. Then again I really liked AV early on. But you can't compare the talent with that 13-14 team.

BTW, you're damn right this team is better than most people think. If someone came into the game knowing nothing about the Rangers and knowing that the Avs were a playoff team last year and are a good up and coming team, they'd think the Rangers were a good team. Very well played game, IMO.

We don't have tons of talent IMO but the idea from the coaching staff is if you work hard you'll be rewarded for it at least some of the time. One thing is you don't want teams coming into your building thinking it's an easy two points. Getting the work ethic up is what you need to do with kids like Chytil, Howden, Buchnevich, Pionk and DeAngelo anyway. And yeah sometimes you might have to scratch them but they should play harder and better when they get their next chance. Tortorella was also a guy who pushed and pushed but he was always nasty about it. Quinn is pushing them hard but he's not being stupid about it.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm hoping Lundqvist sits tomorrow. I'm sure he wants to play, but back to backs are rough, and the last thing I want is his confidence broken

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
We don't have tons of talent IMO but the idea from the coaching staff is if you work hard you'll be rewarded for it at least some of the time. One thing is you don't want teams coming into your building thinking it's an easy two points. Getting the work ethic up is what you need to do with kids like Chytil, Howden, Buchnevich, Pionk and DeAngelo anyway. And yeah sometimes you might have to scratch them but they should play harder and better when they get their next chance. Tortorella was also a guy who pushed and pushed but he was always nasty about it. Quinn is pushing them hard but he's not being stupid about it.
It is my belief Quinn will get them to be more than the sum of the parts

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'm hoping Lundqvist sits tomorrow. I'm sure he wants to play, but back to backs are rough, and the last thing I want is his confidence broken

Given the results of the team and his personal success, I sincerely doubt his confidence is breakable let alone on a
game by game basis.

I’d be more worried about him
yanking his hip.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
What an entertaining match! Had me on the edge of my seat. We might not have the most talented or star-studded squad, but our boys really put in an effort, and, if they do this consistently, who knows? Maybe playoffs aren’t necessarily out of the question. Whether they last more than four games, however, is a different matter.

Really great stuff from the bench to the ice. Maybe Pavel will take note: sometimes the coach knows best.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Just got done watching on the DVR.

Juke-a-rello is still one of the best in the biz on the shootout.
Hank is trying to turn back the clock. It's pretty much what I expected out of a guy who has been such a competitor his whole career. He's not signing up to stay around to watch the ship sink. His focus has been noticeably better.
I don't know what I really expect out of this season. I don't expect a cup. I would like to see good effort and teams that at least give the appearance that they are trying to win every night. I got that tonight. This team looked like they were going to get run out of the rink in the first two minutes, flipped the script, hung in, and won a coin flip.
Good game boys.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad