Post-Game Talk: #6 - 10/16/18 | avalanche @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'm so torn right now. I want a top pick badly.. but I just can't bring myself to (hope??) for losses. Especially when Lundqvist is playing like this. He really wants this team to be competitive..so who am I to say otherwise?

They had no problem farting out on him in the playoffs.

Now they want to win it for the King by securing the 9th overall.

RangersTown™️ pls...

Reactions: JT Kreider

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
If we just bury our chances early in the game it’s 3-0 before the Avalanche wake up. Rangers played hard but were outplayed in the last 2 periods

Anyone voting for Hayes as one of the 3 stars should be banned from posting. The guy was putrid. Makes me sick

Reactions: JHS

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Rest easy. We're not beating the Caps.

Chytil looks a little lost right now.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
If we just bury our chances early in the game it’s 3-0 before the Avalanche wake up. Rangers played hard but were outplayed in the last 2 periods

Anyone voting for Hayes as one of the 3 stars should be banned from posting. The guy was putrid. Makes me sick

He has a goal next to his name in the box score. That’s like 80% of the criteria for a post game vote.

Reactions: Rangerfans

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers played well. We're not a playoff team but we're not as bad as some would hope.

I like Quinn so far. He is trying to build a work ethic--he's demanding they work for shots and play physical. I even noticed Staal throwing some hits. I've wanted a grittier team for a while and if you're going to lose more often than you win you want to at least make it a miserable experience for the other side. Rangers got too soft under AV who seemed good with that.

Anyway our two wins have been against very good teams and apart from the Carolina game the other games were competitive.

It would be nice to knock off the Caps tomorrow. I hate that team.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Rangers played well. We're not a playoff team but we're not as bad as some would hope.

I like Quinn so far. He is trying to build a work ethic--he's demanding they work for shots and play physical. I even noticed Staal throwing some hits. I've wanted a grittier team for a while and if you're going to lose more often than you win you want to at least make it a miserable experience for the other side. Rangers got too soft under AV who seemed good with that.

Anyway are two wins have been against very good teams and apart from the Carolina game the other games were competitive.

They could easily be 4-2 if the officiating wasn't so bad.

Reactions: NCRanger

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Anyway are two wins have been against very good teams and apart from the Carolina game the other games were competitive.

We were even competitive against Carolina, we had the lead most of the game and gave up the last 3 goals late in the game. I also REALLY like Quinn. Then again I really liked AV early on. But you can't compare the talent with that 13-14 team.

BTW, you're damn right this team is better than most people think. If someone came into the game knowing nothing about the Rangers and knowing that the Avs were a playoff team last year and are a good up and coming team, they'd think the Rangers were a good team. Very well played game, IMO.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Could be 4-2.

Winning is still fun, even if it's not ideal.

I actually didn't watch the SO. I still think they're absurd.

Reactions: trilobyte

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->