(2-4-0) ____________ (2-3-0)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET ARENA | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, CSN-PH

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - MyP2P - STREAMO | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@PHI 1/24/13 - NHL.com - Rangers.com - Flyers.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN.com - TSN.ca

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleaguep.png

JANUARY SCHEDULE:

januaryschedulez.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It was just a matter of time. I thought we played well and carried most of the play.
- Michael Del Zotto

We finally just put too much pressure on them. We definitely deserved this win.
We played such a good game. It's a big win for us mentally.
- Henrik Lundqvist

I thought that little **** Ferriero played well.
- John Tortorella

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PHILADELPHIA FLYERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 6 | GF | 13
W | 2 | GA | 18
L | 4 | GF/G | 2.17
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 3.00
Pts | 4 | PIM/G | 20.7
HOME | 1-1-0 | PP% | 12.9
AWAY | 1-3-0 | PK% | 69.0
STREAK | L1 | FO% | 46.6

Division | 5th
Conference | 13th
League | 27th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Matt Read | 3 Assists | Giroux, Simmonds | 2 Points | Giroux, Read | 4 + / - | Read, Schenn | +2 Shots | Simmonds, Voracek | 17 Hits | Luke Schenn | 19 Blocks | Kimmo Timonen | 10 PIM | Wayne Simmonds | 27 FO% | Claude Giroux | 51.5 TOI/G F: | Claude Giroux | 21:04 TOI/G D: | Kimmo Timonen | 22:28

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Wayne Simmonds | Claude Giroux (C) | Matt Read
Danny Briere (A) | Sean Couturier | Jakub Voracek
Tom Sestito | Brayden Schenn | Mike Knuble
Max Talbot | Ruslan Fedotenko | Tye McGinn

LD | RD
Kimmo Timonen (A) | Luke Schenn
Braydon Coburn | Bruno Gervais
Nicklas Grossmann | Kurtis Foster

Scratched
Andreas Lilja|
Jody Shelley|

STARTING GOALIE:

2252.gif

Ilya Bryzgalov

GPI: 5 | W: 2 | L: 3 | OT: 0
SV% .923 | GAA: 2.22 | SO: 0 | Pts: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Marc-Andre Bourdon | Concussion (IR)
Zac Rinaldo | Lacerated thigh (IR)
Scott Hartnell | Broken foot (IR)
Andrej Meszaros | Shoulder (IR)
Chris Pronger | Concussion (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 5 | GF | 14
W | 2 | GA | 16
L | 3 | GF/G | 2.80
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 3.20
Pts | 4 | PIM/G | 20.8
HOME | 2-1-0 | PP% | 9.1
AWAY | 0-2-0 | PK% | 79.2
STREAK | W1 | FO% | 47.1

Division | 4th
Conference | 9th
League | 21st

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Marian Gaborik| 5 Assists | Richards, Nash | 4 Points | Marian Gaborik | 8 + / - | Brad Richards | +6 Shots | Rick Nash | 23 Hits | Ryan Callahan | 25 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 14 PIM | Stu Bickel | 24 FO% | Brian Boyle | 55.1 TOI/G F: | Rick Nash | 21:54 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 24:20

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Marian Gaborik | Brad Richards (A) | Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin | Derek Stepan | Ryan Callahan (C)
Taylor Pyatt | Brian Boyle | Benn Ferriero
Mike Rupp | Jeff Halpern | Arron Asham

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi
Marc Staal (A) | Michael Del Zotto
Stu Bickel | Anton Stralman

Scratched
Matt Gilroy|
Steve Eminger|

STARTING GOALIE:

2585.gif

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 5 | W: 2 | L: 3 | OT: 0
SV% .893 | GAA: 3.14 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Chris Kreider | Sore ankle (DTD)
Mike Sauer | Concussion (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

banner2ic.png

Heads Up: The GDT is work in progress.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Going to this game. Expecting the boys to make me 3-0 at the Garden this season. Attack their D. Hope the big line comes to play again.

LGR :yo:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Biron makes sense here, but maybe Torts is saving him for Tampa on Saturday. The dude has to get a start somewhere, right? Hank can't go 48 straight :laugh:

3-3 looks a hell of a lot better than 2-4. Let's get the two points in regulation and get a streak going. Get some confidence going into the Pit game.

KEEP STRALMAN ON THE PP!

LGR

Muh

Beadle
Dec 9, 2010
Sloatsburg, NY
Haha, great quote by Torts.

Love what the top line has been doing, but I really think Stepan needs a true scorer on his wing to be most useful. Move down Gaborik/Nash and bump up Hagelin/Callahan.

I do like the look of that 3rd line too.

We will win, 4-2.

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
Haha, great quote by Torts.

Love what the top line has been doing, but I really think Stepan needs a true scorer on his wing to be most useful. Move down Gaborik/Nash and bump up Hagelin/Callahan.

I do like the look of that 3rd line too.

We will win, 4-2.

I don't think Torts likes stacking the top line either but he's stuck between a rock and hard spot considering the way they started off.

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
Loved how Lundqvist mentioned that Saturday was, mentally speaking, a big win for the team. I think everyone who has watched this team religiously felt the same way Saturday and it's really nice to hear someone on the team say that.

Very curious to see how this team comes out tomorrow now that they have a truly dominating win under the belt and have had two days of rest. Regardless, it's Ranger-Flyers so it should be good :yo:

LET'S GO RANGERS!

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Damn, perfect timing haha.
HOLYYY ****. I just finished my NHL 13 season that I've been playing since the game came out. I have played every single second of every single game. Naturally, my playoffs hopes come to the last game, against the Flyers. I all but basically needed a win. WSH, TOR, Winnipeg and NYR all had 88 pts. Imagine, this is the closest I'll ever get to the feeling of the NHL, 81 games, and all your time and work comes down to 1 game. So the game, I was down 1-0, Richards tied it. 1-1. Then the Flyers score 2 quick goals (Both from Fedetenko haha). So going into the 3rd, down 2. I watched the Torts intermission speech from 24/7 (St. Louis game) to get pumped :laugh: Anyway, Richards with his 2nd goal just a few minutes into the third period. I start sweating profusely. The clocks keeps ticking down. 3 minutes left, then 2. I'm like **** man. Are you kidding me. So..last minute, there are no whistles, my guys are tired as balls. Nash-Richie-Gabby-DZ-Staal. Gaborik rushes down the ice, tries a shot, it gets blocked, there's a cluster **** for the puck. It pops to the corner, where Nash pokechecks it to DZ. DZ carries it over to Staal for a one timer. (12 seconds left). Staal shoots it, gets deflected by Nash and in!! WAAIT THOUGH. it gets waved off! Apparently, it was a kicking motion. I'm screaming at my TV, 7.3 seconds remaining. Watch the replays, which clearly show it deflected off of Nash's leg and in, no kicking motion. So as I'm waiting for a eternity, screaming , the ref finally calls it a good goal. I SCREAM, I have nevr been so invested in a game haha. So the game goes to OT, where off a weird deflection Gabby gets the game winner 2 minutes in! We finished 7th, and now play the Pens! :) haha, had to vent this out!!! **** yeah!!!

LEt's GO Rangers!!

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Damn, perfect timing haha.
HOLYYY ****. I just finished my NHL 13 season that I've been playing since the game came out. I have played every single second of every single game. Naturally, my playoffs hopes come to the last game, against the Flyers. I all but basically needed a win. WSH, TOR, Winnipeg and NYR all had 88 pts. Imagine, this is the closest I'll ever get to the feeling of the NHL, 81 games, and all your time and work comes down to 1 game. So the game, I was down 1-0, Richards tied it. 1-1. Then the Flyers score 2 quick goals (Both from Fedetenko haha). So going into the 3rd, down 2. I watched the Torts intermission speech from 24/7 (St. Louis game) to get pumped :laugh: Anyway, Richards with his 2nd goal just a few minutes into the third period. I start sweating profusely. The clocks keeps ticking down. 3 minutes left, then 2. I'm like **** man. Are you kidding me. So..last minute, there are no whistles, my guys are tired as balls. Nash-Richie-Gabby-DZ-Staal. Gaborik rushes down the ice, tries a shot, it gets blocked, there's a cluster **** for the puck. It pops to the corner, where Nash pokechecks it to DZ. DZ carries it over to Staal for a one timer. (12 seconds left). Staal shoots it, gets deflected by Nash and in!! WAAIT THOUGH. it gets waved off! Apparently, it was a kicking motion. I'm screaming at my TV, 7.3 seconds remaining. Watch the replays, which clearly show it deflected off of Nash's leg and in, no kicking motion. So as I'm waiting for a eternity, screaming , the ref finally calls it a good goal. I SCREAM, I have nevr been so invested in a game haha. So the game goes to OT, where off a weird deflection Gabby gets the game winner 2 minutes in! We finished 7th, and now play the Pens! :) haha, had to vent this out!!! **** yeah!!!

LEt's GO Rangers!!

That is classic. :laugh:

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
^haha great video game story.

I expect a win. Philly just came off a bad loss to Tampa gotta pour on the misery.

And LOL at the Torts quote. That's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad