GDT: #6 – Sabres at Hawks – Sat Oct 12 – 8:00PM ET – TV: NHLN-US, MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm going to give Hodgson the benefit of the doubt. He's obviously playing through an injury if he has to keep taking maintenance days.

Strange they wouldnt just give him a few games to get healthy though.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It would be hilarious if they did beat the Hawks though. But that's about as likely as the Jaguars beating the Broncos on Sunday :laugh:

Hawks have been very rusty to start year and aren't in sync

A win by Sabres tonight is not unrealistic. Look what happened to Hawks in 3rd period of TB game

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Early season preview of a potential Stanley Cup match-up.

Should be a good tilt.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
For some reason I think that Sabres will get their first win here.

They'll probably put Khabibulin in goal. I expect a similar scenario to the Panthers-Penguins game.

Oh, wait, they already started with Khabibulin against Islanders. Nevermind then. 1-7 Pens.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
You're delusional

Well, he may be delusional - won't argue with you there :laugh: , but he's right about the Hawks not firing on all cylinders yet. Their PK has been dreadfull - killing only about 50%. They've had defensive lapses where they've given up goals late in periods ( 2 goals in the last minute of the 1st against the Islanders last night). They have dominated for long stretches in games but then have a couple minutes of let down and the opponent scores and the games are nail biters. Kinda weird - but definitely there for the taking if Buffalo plays well.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Hawks have been very rusty to start year and aren't in sync

A win by Sabres tonight is not unrealistic. Look what happened to Hawks in 3rd period of TB game

They asked on the radio this week if you thought the Sabres had a better chance of beating the Hawks or the Jags beating the Broncos. We agreed the Sabres have the better chance. So ya I guess technically its possible. But if the Hawks lose you should probably spend the night feeling really bad about yourself and consider possibly firing your entire coaching staff. The Sabres are that special bad right now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well, he may be delusional - won't argue with you there :laugh: , but he's right about the Hawks not firing on all cylinders yet. Their PK has been dreadfull - killing only about 50%. They've had defensive lapses where they've given up goals late in periods ( 2 goals in the last minute of the 1st against the Islanders last night). They have dominated for long stretches in games but then have a couple minutes of let down and the opponent scores and the games are nail biters. Kinda weird - but definitely there for the taking if Buffalo plays well.

Exactly

Hawks aren't playing good hockey right now and it wont be shocking if they walk away with W

As for my mental state ,, Maybe/Maybe not

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

I see you haven't watched Buffalo yet this season. Very unlikely "if" there. :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Well, Buffalo's PP is a dumpster fire, so it may be the tonic to get the Hawks PKing some confidence. And this team has been giving up inopportune goals later in periods for years now -- with startling regularity, regardless of personnel.

For Buffalo to "play well" would be a surprise. They are exceedingly disjointed, bad defensively, and unable to generate enough possession to generate regular scoring chances. They've done what they've done to deserve their bad record.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'm in DC right now for a hockey tournament. Instead of going to the Caps game, I gave up my ticket and instead will torture myself and watch our game on the JT Computer - will need a stream for our game. Help a brother out please.

You gave up a ticket to see Duchene, MacKinnon and company to watch this trainwreck on a grainy stream?? That's dedication...or something.

Also, if you can, Irish Times in Capitol Hill shows all the Sabres games. They usually have wings/Labatts specials during games, as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->