GDT: #6 – Sabres at Hawks – Sat Oct 12 – 8:00PM ET – TV: NHLN-US, MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I didnt know they put live executions on TV, this will be ugly.

6-1. Only question is will we score.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
It would be hilarious if they did beat the Hawks though. But that's about as likely as the Jaguars beating the Broncos on Sunday :laugh:

Ever hear of a "trap game"? And I don't mean playing the "trap" defense either.

All indications are that this should be a blowout for the ages. Translation: All the pressure is on Chicago, because they are expected to win easily.

Keeping this in mind....

6-2 Hawks.

Toews
Hossa
Vanek
Sharp
Hossa
Keith
Kane
John Scott's head

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Ever hear of a "trap game"? And I don't mean playing the "trap" defense either.

All indications are that this should be a blowout for the ages. Translation: All the pressure is on Chicago, because they are expected to win easily.

Keeping this in mind....

6-2 Hawks.

Toews
Hossa
Vanek
Sharp
Hossa
Keith
Kane
John Scott's head

I think all the pressure is on the team that is winless. Only thing that may give Buffalo a chance is that they want the game a lot more than Chicago tonight.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
I predict that as the team loses we begin to see every possible combination of Sabres players and staff, eventually seeing Enroth come over the boards to center Myers and Numminen, with Ennis and Duff on defense.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
6-3 loss.
I'm not going to get too optimistic and predict a win here, but I'm hoping we can figure out how to score more than 1 goal at least.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I predict that as the team loses we begin to see every possible combination of Sabres players and staff, eventually seeing Enroth come over the boards to center Myers and Numminen, with Ennis and Duff on defense.

I know this post is jokes, but I actually wouldn't hate seeing Myers tried at forward if he continues to struggle defensively. I mean, look at this team. Why not? It can't possibly make us worse.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
This will be Hawks third in four nights and on a back to back. It closes the gap. If the Sabres were half decent, they could take this. Playing the way they have, they'll still lose 4-2 unless a goalie steals it

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I know this post is jokes, but I actually wouldn't hate seeing Myers tried at forward if he continues to struggle defensively. I mean, look at this team. Why not? It can't possibly make us worse.

I agree. Play Baby Z.

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
I could give a damn if we win tonight, but at least make it an entertaining game. To quote the great Lindy Ruff (in reference to legendary defenseman Dimitri Kalinin), "Play with some ****ing passion!"

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
I wouldn't be surprised if we won. We're bad enough that we might surprise the Hawks. Or we'll get blown out. Either way, meh.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Also, I wonder if the Hawks will give Crawford the night off?

Crawford got the night off yesterday in their 3-2 win over the Islanders. He should be in there tonight vs the Sabres.

Well just for fantasy purposes - hoping for wild 7-6 game - Vanek/Hodgson/Ehrhoff/Ennis/Toews/Kane/Saad/Keith go nuts.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm going to give Hodgson the benefit of the doubt. He's obviously playing through an injury if he has to keep taking maintenance days.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I don't think the question should be if they're going to lose it should be how much are they going to lose by. If Miller plays well and the defense holds up I can see them holding Chicago to 3 goals. If the defense gets sloppy and Miller has an average night then this one might be rough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad