GDT: #6 – Sabres at Hawks – Sat Oct 12 – 8:00PM ET – TV: NHLN-US, MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
gdt-buf-vs-chi-1.png
gdt-buf-vs-chi-2.png

gdt-buf-vs-chi-3.png
gdt-buf-vs-chi-4.png

GDT #6: BUF (0-4-1) at CHI (2-1-1) – SAT OCT 12 – 8:00PM ET – NHLN-US, MSG-BWGR-AMCHAT

10/11 – Sabres listless in ugly loss to Blue Jackets, still winless (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

10/11 – Early Blue Jackets lead sinks Sabres (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

10/11 – Kaleta faces disciplinary hearing (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

10/11 – Blackhawks get back on track with win over Islanders (Brian Hedger – NHL.com)

10/11 – Game Preview: 10/12/13 at Chicago (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

10/12 – Slumping Weber could sit for winless Sabres (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

10/12 – Press Clips: 10/12/13 at Chicago (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)​
header-350x60-team-news-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup
(11:30am morning skate at United Center)

26 Thomas Vanek ("A") – 19 Cody Hodgson – 9 Steve Ott ("C")
82 Marcus Foligno – 63 Tyler Ennis – 65 Brian Flynn
28 Zemgus Girgensons – 25 Mikhail Grigorenko – 21 Drew Stafford
32 John Scott – 22 Johan Larsson – 8 Cody McCormick

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 3 Mark Pysyk
4 Jamie McBain – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
52 Alexander Sulzer – 57 Tyler Myers

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Buffalo scratched Mikhail Grigorenko, John Scott and Alexander Sulzer in Thursday's 4-1 loss to Columbus. Nikita
Zadorov (finger) returned to practice on Wednesday, while Henrik Tallinder (UBI) has been skating in a no-contact
jersey; both remain out. Joel Armia (hand), Ville Leino (rib) and Corey Tropp (jaw) are also out tonight, while
Patrick Kaleta serves game one of his indefinite suspension (pending an in-person hearing) for THIS high check on
Columbus' Jack Johnson. Kevin Porter and Mike Weber will be healthy scratches.

Weekly Transactions

Buffalo recalled Matt Hackett and Alexander Sulzer from Rochester/AHL last Saturday, placing Ville Leino (rib) on
injured reserve to create the roster spot for Sulzer; Hackett was returned to Rochester/AHL on Monday. They also
activated Marcus Foligno (UBI) from injured reserve on Tuesday and retroactively placed Henrik Tallinder (UBI) on
injured reserve.

According to the Stats

Buffalo are 53-45-13 all-time versus Chicago and 19-30-6 on the road. The Sabres are also 4-5-1 in their last ten
versus the Blackhawks; 4-6-0 on the road.​
header-350x60-opp-news-left.png
header-350x60-opp-news-right.png

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Projected Lineup

20 Brandon Saad – 19 Jonathan Toews ("C") – 88 Patrick Kane
10 Patrick Sharp ("A") – 16 Marcus Kruger – 81 Marian Hossa
29 Bryan Bickell – 65 Andrew Shaw – 42 Joakim Nordstrom
52 Brandon Bollig – 37 Brandon Pirri – 28 Ben Smith

2 Duncan Keith ("A") – 7 Brent Seabrook
27 Johnny Oduya – 4 Niklas Hjalmarsson
8 Nick Leddy – 32 Michal Rozsival

50 Corey Crawford
39 Nikolai Khabibulin

Lineup News & Notes

Chicago scratched Sheldon Brookbank, Jimmy Hayes and Michael Kostka in yesterday's 3-2 win over the NYI. They
also started backup Nikolai Khabibulin in goal, so expect starter Corey Crawford tonight.

Weekly Transactions

Chicago recalled Brandon Pirri from Rockford/AHL following last night's game, reassigning Jimmy Hayes.

According to the Stats

Chicago's Patrick Kane has two goals and three assists in six career games versus his hometown team.​

header-350x60-multimedia-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

A/V CLUB

10/10 – Highlights of Buffalo's 4-1 loss to Columbus. <4:31>

10/10 – Buffalo's Ron Rolston addresses the media following Thursday's loss to Columbus. <2:40>

10/11 – Buffalo's Ron Rolston addresses the media following practice on Friday. <4:10>

10/11 – Buffalo's Mike Weber speaks with the media following practice on Friday. <2:07>

10/11 – Buffalo's Tyler Myers speaks with the media following practice on Friday. <1:01>

10/11 – Highlights of Chicago's 3-2 win over the NYI. <4:27>

10/11 – Chicago's Joel Quenneville addresses the media following Friday's win over the NYI. <2:37>

10/12 – Buffalo's Ron Rolston addresses the media following Saturday's morning skate. <3:16>

10/12 – Buffalo's Alexander Sulzer speaks with the media following Saturday's morning skate. <2:17>

10/12 – Buffalo's Mikhail Grigorenko speaks with the media following Saturday's morning skate. <2:17>

LAST H2H GAME

01/18/2012 – Buffalo 2 at Chicago 6.

[NHL]2011020682-X-h[/NHL]​

Last edited:

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
McBain costs us at least one goal. FES line shows no signs of "magic" from two years ago. Miller is hung out to dry. Vanek misses chance early in the first. Spends 30 minutes pouting.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Sulzer may play paired with Myers. :help:

Sulzer was lit up in his Amerks debut. I believe he was on the ice for 5 of the 7 or 8 goals they gave up that night. He should really help clean things up in our zone. :laugh::shakehead

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Sulzer may play paired with Myers. :help:

Sulzer was lit up in his Amerks debut. I believe he was on the ice for 5 of the 7 or 8 goals they gave up that night. He should really help clean things up in our zone. :laugh::shakehead

Love that he and Hackett were called up after that game. Our organization in a nutshell at the moment.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Taken from the Sabres Notebook Article - Buffalo News - Saturday, October 12.

Dan Dunleavy will have the play-by-play call tonight on MSG in place of Rick Jeanneret. It will be the first television appearance of the season for Dunleavy, who signed in September to work a growing number of games for three seasons before Jeanneret retires in 2016.

It will actually be Dunleavy’s third regular-season Sabres broadcast, as he was a fill-in for Jeanneret during a 2010 game in Anaheim and a contest in 2011 in Ottawa. Analyst Rob Ray and intermission host Brian Duff will be in their usual roles on tonight’s telecast.

LS: I'm sure NHL Network-United States will show the WGN broadcast instead of MSG-Buffalo so you non MSG-Buffalo viewers won't be able to listen to Dunleavy at least via the TV feed.

Ahh the Blackhawks website in an ad promoting that there are still tickets left for tonights game is using the exact same photo as in the orginial post here - with one slight difference - they eliminated the Sabre thats laying on the ice.

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm in DC right now for a hockey tournament. Instead of going to the Caps game, I gave up my ticket and instead will torture myself and watch our game on the JT Computer - will need a stream for our game. Help a brother out please.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I love the omission of anything from TBN. Is that intentional in the GDT woody? Are we channeling our inner tpegs or is that a coincidence/fact since their coverage isn't good ?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I love the omission of anything from TBN. Is that intentional in the GDT woody? Are we channeling our inner tpegs or is that a coincidence/fact since their coverage isn't good ?
Intentional and both. I figured that not everyone knows how to avoid the TBN pay-wall, so if I kept linking to them, they'd be asking what they're missing quickly; meanwhile, Ryndak and Hoppe are solid free options without the hassle. I also would like to avoid enabling useless GDT commentary on the merits of any hated TBN authors.

Also, I wonder if the Hawks will give Crawford the night off?
No. As noted in the OP, Khabibulin started Friday, so expect Crawford.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad