Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick, Alex Turcotte, C, USNTDP UPDATED: Signs 3 Year ELC 3/11/20

saintsnsoldiers

GO KINGS GO
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona, Tucson
Iaffalo Kopitar Brown
Kovy Porky Carter
Grundstrom Kempe Toffoli
Clifford Amadio Wagner
Lewis

Lizotte/Leipsic/Luff/JAD

If JAD makes the team moves will have to be made.

Could beat out Amadio would be my guess.

Could also play a year in the AHL which might be good honestly.

Kings should move out Carter at least. Easier said than done.
Id still like to see
Kempe Kopi Wagner
Kovy Poky Carter
Grundy Amadio Brown

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Kopi is not getting any younger and we need someone to take the mantel really hoping this kid can fill that role. This organization truly needs some talented young players moving forward. And when we get Lafreniere it's on. :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooks

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Normally I don't creep on players social media, but if you want to be impressed:
Alex Turcotte (@Turcotte__71) | Twitter

The kid is super humble, but while others are tweeting about selfies and video games, this kid is always positive and showing off his teammates' success rather than only his. This kid has makings of a team-first guy willing to go to war with his teammates.

As stupid as social media is, it can tell you a lot about a potential draftee.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Normally I don't creep on players social media, but if you want to be impressed:
Alex Turcotte (@Turcotte__71) | Twitter

The kid is super humble, but while others are tweeting about selfies and video games, this kid is always positive and showing off his teammates' success rather than only his. This kid has makings of a team-first guy willing to go to war with his teammates.

As stupid as social media is, it can tell you a lot about a potential draftee.

hahahahahahah

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Alex Turcotte was 100% our guy. After he was selected, Jim Fox went on stage and told a story that a month ago Luc told him that Turcotte was the #1 guy they wanted (discounting Hughes and Kaapo), but they didn't think they would get him. Said he knows that's the stock answer all GMs give about who they draft after the fact, but it was entirely the truth in this case.

On stage? Was this a the draft party?

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
On stage? Was this a the draft party?

Yes, it was at the draft party. Jim would occasionally address the attendees. In particular any time Daryl Evans via satellite feed would report from Vancouver, Jim would be the one asking him questions. Luc also addressed the draft party before and after Turcotte was selected.

Reactions: Legionnaire

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Good pick and could definitely turn out to be the best player in the draft in 5 years. Guess we’ll keep an eye on the badgers for next season. I’m hoping the kid has a monster year and leaves early.

He’s going to play in the big 10, so that should be a good step up in the competition and a true measuring stick for his growth. As a freshman, I wouldn’t expect him to get big minutes. But you never know what can happen with injuries, although you want him to earn any minutes regardless.

Plus there will be the running narrative comparing him to Caufield, which will be fun to watch. Hopefully they help Wisconsin get back to the final four under Tony Granato.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
What I wrote back in May but I think Turcotte will turn out to be one of the best prospects in this draft when all is said and done. And I think he plays the game like Bergeron than Toews.

I haven't seen tons of prospect videos but what I have seen Turcotte and Byram might just turn out to be the best 2 prospects in this draft down the line.

1) Byram
2) Turcotte
3) Kakko
4) Boldy
5) Hughes
6) Broberg
7) Zegras
8) Podkolzin
9) Cozens
10) Dach

Edit: I'd hope our lineup looks more like....

Brown--Kopitar--Carter
Kempe--Porky--Kovy
Grundstrum--JAD--Toffoli
Iafallo--Amadio--Wagner

Last edited:

Nodoughtyboutit

May 14, 2010
What I wrote back in May but I think Turcotte will turn out to be one of the best prospects in this draft when all is said and done. And I think he plays the game like Bergeron than Toews.

Edit: I'd hope our lineup looks more like....

Brown--Kopitar--Carter
Kempe--Porky--Kovy
Grundstrum--JAD--Toffoli
Iafallo--Amadio--Wagner

Just need to trade someone so Clifford can play...

Reactions: Ghetty Green

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Just need to trade someone so Clifford can play...

No they don't. Clifford is a heart and soul guy but not someone you trade a better player to put in the lineup. He is a perfect #13 player on a team. Where he still brings that character and work ethic but doesn't need to be in the lineup. He should be a 20-30 game a season guy. Getting in the lineup here and there. He is not an every game player.

What you do is let the young guys/new guys get in the lineup and let the vets build their value back up. At the trade deadline then you make some moves with vets going out to open spots for a Clifford to fill until more young players are ready to step in putting back to the 13th forward spot.

Nodoughtyboutit

May 14, 2010
I disagree, if you're just gonna scratch him for maybe 60 games this season. You might as well trade him while his value is maybe at its highest. I do agree that we need to play the youth but after last season they need to see a guy like Clifford play night end and night out. We just have too many bottom six forwards.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Maybe it was just me.....

But right before we draft Turcotte, I swear I read his lips as he said, “ I hope they draft me”..
either way the kids seems like we want to be here and damn if we didn’t get the player I wanted the most

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Alex Turcotte was 100% our guy. After he was selected, Jim Fox went on stage and told a story that a month ago Luc told him that Turcotte was the #1 guy they wanted (discounting Hughes and Kaapo), but they didn't think they would get him. Said he knows that's the stock answer all GMs give about who they draft after the fact, but it was entirely the truth in this case.

I believe this 100%.

I figured this was the case before hand, but you can never be completely sure. And after reading Gann's article on potential first round picks, I was 90% sure. Then KP posted asking why Turcotte wasn't mentioned, that pretty much sealed it for me that he was our pick.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think we might be undervaluing him by saying he caps out at 2C. He has just as much talent as anyone in this draft and could have been in contention for top pick with Hughes and Kakko if he hadn’t been injured/sick. His points per game was off the charts.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I think we might be undervaluing him by saying he caps out at 2C. He has just as much talent as anyone in this draft and could have been in contention for top pick with Hughes and Kakko if he hadn’t been injured/sick. His points per game was off the charts.

Yeah he has star potential IMO. His ceiling definitely is not second line.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I think when people say he is a #2 center, they mean on a really good team, like Ryan Kesler was. Not really a player comp, but a role comp.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Future leadership right here.

And if you've had the pleasure to get to know Foxy rather than just a quick handshake, he doesn't bullshit you just for the sake of bullshitting. He's honest and straight forward but knows where his boundaries lie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad