Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick, Alex Turcotte, C, USNTDP UPDATED: Signs 3 Year ELC 3/11/20

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
“My favorite player growing up was Sidney Crosby”. FML.

Alex was 4 when Crosby and Ovechkin made their NHL debuts. Alex was 2 when Brown played his first game for Los Angeles.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Thanks for making me feel like a F*****n fossil. :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Alex Turcotte. Elite Prospect by every standard. Welcome! One of the best days as a King fan since last Cup lifted!

Finally some forwards that will inject life into this team with high end skill, speed and offensive capabilities in Turcotte and Kupari. And are soon to be
changing the dynamic and offense of this franchise. I expect JAD and Grundstrom to make great additions in the top 9 as well. Possibly Akil Thomas or Sodergran contribute
in 2 years. And if Vilardi gets healthy...

Another top 5 pick next year, would really set things forward as well.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
If we can draft a #1 defenseman next year (or LaFreniere...), we will be in a very good position. We have to have a top ten prospect pool at this point, plus we have some great NHL talent as well.

I’m really excited for our younger guys. I think a big part of development is playing with other great players. We haven’t had good prospects since Doughty and Schenn, and I can’t remember a time I was this excited for our AHL team. Vilardi, Kupari, Turcotte, and others all playing in the minors together, Start dominating, boys.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I love our farm system but sadly what may make or break the Kings rebuild is how these lottery balls fall this. We got screwed this year and will probably be in a similar spot in the standings next year, we need some luck on our side because the one thing the system is messing is the franchise forward.

As for Turcotte, love the pick, he looks like a championship caliber 2C much like Richards was in his prime. Keep him away from the mess the Kings will probably be next season and then evaluate next summer. I'd still rather him dominate college for a couple of years like Hughes and Makar and hopefully join the Kings for the 2021 playoffs.

Last edited:

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
The upside here, if Vilardi recovers, is that Kopitar’s defense will hopefully always be with him. In four years, we’ll have the best, most expensive shutdown 3C in the game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The upside here, if Vilardi recovers, is that Kopitar’s defense will hopefully always be with him. In four years, we’ll have the best, most expensive shutdown 3C in the game.

It's all gotta pan out, But Turcotte-Vilardi-Kopitar down the middle (with JAD et. al. for flexibility) is monstrous looking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->