Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick, Alex Turcotte, C, USNTDP UPDATED: Signs 3 Year ELC 3/11/20

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Idk, y
Maybe Carter, Amadio will go the way of Shore and Dowd.

Pro is bound for Russia the way LA plays him.

JAD won’t be in the AHL again.
IDK, you throw JAD into the fire in a team that’s bound to be a top 3 draftee again and you run the risk of ruining his confidence, game and development...
unless we win the LaFrenièire sweepstakes, Vilardi continues his push and we sign some major UFA... We’re rooting for another dead last finish...

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Maybe Carter, Amadio will go the way of Shore and Dowd.

Pro is bound for Russia the way LA plays him.

JAD won’t be in the AHL again.

Amadio is a much more skilled player than JAD is right now, and Amadio is signed to a one-way NHL contract next season. I agree Amadio has been struggling the last six weeks, but I don't think the Kings are writing him off. JAD has been a pro for one season. He will be given the opportunity to make the Kings roster, but he is certainly far from guaranteed, and if he's not going to start, you might as well have him play a much bigger role in the AHL. It's still very early, so we'll see how it plays out.

Last edited:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Amadio will always be too slow imho.

He won’t be good enough to take top line spots. I can see his spot being taken by a younger player.

JAD is a Stoll replacement ideal third line center. Kings are big on him. He will be given every opportunity to stick next year.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Idk, y

IDK, you throw JAD into the fire in a team that’s bound to be a top 3 draftee again and you run the risk of ruining his confidence, game and development...
unless we win the LaFrenièire sweepstakes, Vilardi continues his push and we sign some major UFA... We’re rooting for another dead last finish...
It’s a rebuild of a stale team. LA needs to evaluate these guys next year. Fans are ready for change. He will be on the third line with sheltered minutes. He is responsible and has a decent motor. He isn’t 18. It’s time to turn the roster over.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Iaffalo Kopi Brown
Fagemo(AHL?) Vilardi Frk
Kempe Carter Kaliyev(9 games)
Moore JAD Lizotte

Wagner, Luff, Grundstrom, Amadio

AHL
Thomas, Turcotte(or Wisconsin), Kupari, Dudas

8randyn

Aug 14, 2011
Valencia, CA
We have so many freaking great prospects if we hit on 3-4 of them and land Lafreniere we will be forced to trade some of those prospects for established defenseman and make a run at it.

Only 3 top 6 roster spots if we are penciling in Kopitar, Vilardi, and Frk.

With Turcotte, Kaliyev, Fagemo, Grundstrom, Kupari, Thomas all potential top 6 forwards.

I suppose this is a great problem to have.

Reactions: LAKings88

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Iaffalo Kopi Brown
Fagemo(AHL?) Vilardi Frk
Kempe Carter Kaliyev(9 games)
Moore JAD Lizotte

Wagner, Luff, Grundstrom, Amadio

AHL
Thomas, Turcotte(or Wisconsin), Kupari, Dudas
You forgot Lafreniere.

But seriously, whoever the Kings draft with their top pick, especially if it's a forward, might have a chance of making the team, or getting a few games initially.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
We have so many freaking great prospects if we hit on 3-4 of them and land Lafreniere we will be forced to trade some of those prospects for established defenseman and make a run at it.

This is why I believe in drafting the best player available, rather than reaching for need. You always can trade talent to fill in your lineup.

Reactions: 8randyn

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
It’s a rebuild of a stale team. LA needs to evaluate these guys next year. Fans are ready for change. He will be on the third line with sheltered minutes. He is responsible and has a decent motor. He isn’t 18. It’s time to turn the roster over.
Yes they need to be evaluated and in JAD’s case that’s what’s been done,.. he’s also not better than Lizotte or Amadio as the 3C/4C...
As for the fans being ready for change, we’ll that’s irrelevant. The FO needs to continue to preach patience and give the kids as much time in the minors to develop. In JADs case, he needs more offensive polish and much more strength..
I’m happy knowing Vilardi is likely to have a spot on the club next season and if we luck out finally and land LaFrenière then our rebuilt would likely be cut in half

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Yes they need to be evaluated and in JAD’s case that’s what’s been done,.. he’s also not better than Lizotte or Amadio as the 3C/4C...
As for the fans being ready for change, we’ll that’s irrelevant. The FO needs to continue to preach patience and give the kids as much time in the minors to develop. In JADs case, he needs more offensive polish and much more strength..
I’m happy knowing Vilardi is likely to have a spot on the club next season and if we luck out finally and land LaFrenière then our rebuilt would likely be cut in half
It’s a new NHL. He has already got a full season and a quarter in the AHL. Two cups of coffee in LA. He will get a legit shot.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
It’s a new NHL. He has already got a full season and a quarter in the AHL. Two cups of coffee in LA. He will get a legit shot.

JAD? He has 3/4 of one full AHL season, and a 5 games stint two years ago when he was 18 with the Reign. JAD had 25 pts (7 goals) in 47 games playing the 2C for the Reign this season. That translates into about 20 pts for a full year in the NHL. Yes, he'll get a shot next year, I like his compete and his game. But if he doesn't win the starting role, he should be in the AHL. He's only 20 right now. He could even get one of the 4 call up this season after the deadline to see what he's got to offer.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
JAD? He has 3/4 of one full AHL season, and a 5 games stint two years ago when he was 18 with the Reign. JAD had 25 pts (7 goals) in 47 games playing the 2C for the Reign this season. That translates into about 20 pts for a full year in the NHL. Yes, he'll get a shot next year, I like his compete and his game. But if he doesn't win the starting role, he should be in the AHL. He's only 20 right now. He could even get one of the 4 call up this season after the deadline to see what he's got to offer.
By camp he will have had a complete season with the Reign and his stint before that. He will have another Summer to train. It isn’t a necessity for him to be in the lineup but when talked about by media and coaches it seems he is highly valued by the FO. He could likely move to wing if needed too but I suspect they want him in that Stoll roll.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
By camp he will have had a complete season with the Reign and his stint before that. He will have another Summer to train. It isn’t a necessity for him to be in the lineup but when talked about by media and coaches it seems he is highly valued by the FO. He could likely move to wing if needed too but I suspect they want him in that Stoll roll.

He's got a lot of work to. 7 goals at the AHL level does not translate to the 3C level in the NHL. He brings a lot of energy, but he's not good at face offs so far at the pro level and he's undersized (of course, see Lizotte, he can't score either and is undersized).

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Fagemo-Kopi-Carter
Kempe-Vilardi-Frk/Proh
Iaffalo-JAD-Brown
Grundstrom-Amadio-Wags
Moore........Frk back to AHL if he can’t hang

possible lineup to start and adjust as we go, king and manning are both 20 and can develop in the A and replace Amadio and JAD if the don’t develop

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah again what's wrong with letting JAD build up his skills in the AHL? Let's not Wagner/Clifford him by calling him up too early. That's how guys stagnate and then we wonder why they can't do more when they're shoved into a "now now be responsible" role in the NHL before they get big offensive minutes in the other level.

Reactions: johnjm22

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Yeah again what's wrong with letting JAD build up his skills in the AHL? Let's not Wagner/Clifford him by calling him up too early. That's how guys stagnate and then we wonder why they can't do more when they're shoved into a "now now be responsible" role in the NHL before they get big offensive minutes in the other level.

actually good with that too, we still have Lizotte for next year, sometimes I/we get a little impatient and want that winning feeling again , seriously hate being ok with losing to get some pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad