Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick, Alex Turcotte, C, USNTDP UPDATED: Signs 3 Year ELC 3/11/20

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
From the Athletic article:

The conversation eventually turned back to the Kings. He keeps a close eye on their results and how Bjornfot, his new friend, is faring with the Ontario Reign in the AHL.
“I got along great with Toby at development camp when everybody was there,” Turcotte said, smiling widely. “I still keep in touch with him. He’s an awesome guy.”

A start to our new 'culture' and leadership that we need to re-establish.

Vilardi
Turcotte
Bjornfot
Anderson

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
From the Athletic article:

The conversation eventually turned back to the Kings. He keeps a close eye on their results and how Bjornfot, his new friend, is faring with the Ontario Reign in the AHL.
“I got along great with Toby at development camp when everybody was there,” Turcotte said, smiling widely. “I still keep in touch with him. He’s an awesome guy.”

A start to our new 'culture' and leadership that we need to re-establish.

Vilardi
Turcotte
Bjornfot
Anderson

JAD as well.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Looking forward to this new era of the Kings with these kids in the upcoming years. I remember starting watching the Kings in the 06-07 season as a kid, transitioning to Brownie and Kopitar as the leaders, acquiring Greene and Stoll, drafting Doughty, the emergence of Jonathan Quick, inching closer and closer to the playoffs every season, acquiring more veterans like Williams, Scuderi and Mitchell. Making the playoffs, acquiring Richards and Carter and finally winning the cup in a dominant fashion. Let me tell you, that was such an amazing thing to watch! I can only imagine for what it was like for those who started in ‘67. I can’t wait to see what these kids will do in the future!

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I'm really hoping Turcotte becomes better then a 40/50 point type of player. We really need him to be a number one center replacing Kopi one day. I think it would be a massive disappointment if he ends up being a third line center being drafted 5th overall. Yes I know the draft is a crapshoot you just never know with these kids but really hoping he becomes a player we envision him to be. Although excited and optimistic I'm one who never overhype our prospects as we all know there have been many high draft picks who become busts. I'm in favor of Turcotte spending as long as he needs in college before he makes the jump professionally. So far so good.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I went to both games in Madison this weekend, although I had my six year old so I missed chunks of the game. There is alot to like here and he looks the part of a very good pro player but it's going to take some time. I don't know if 1st line center on a championship team but he has alot of Flyers-era Mike Richards in him but this isn't going to be a situation where he is stepping into the Kings lineup next season as a top-6 player. The Badgers have had a difficult time keeping the puck out of their net, part of that is due to poor goaltending but some of the younger players have been a bit exposed in the defensive zone.

I really hope the Kings don't rush him, the Kings should take the same path the Canucks did with Hughes, Quinn could easily have left after his freshman season but he came back for a second year and became a worlds better player that dominated at that level and has carried it over to a dominant rookie year in the NHL. Blake should be targeting an April 2021 debut for Turcotte.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I went to both games in Madison this weekend, although I had my six year old so I missed chunks of the game. There is alot to like here and he looks the part of a very good pro player but it's going to take some time. I don't know if 1st line center on a championship team but he has alot of Flyers-era Mike Richards in him but this isn't going to be a situation where he is stepping into the Kings lineup next season as a top-6 player. The Badgers have had a difficult time keeping the puck out of their net, part of that is due to poor goaltending but some of the younger players have been a bit exposed in the defensive zone.

I really hope the Kings don't rush him, the Kings should take the same path the Canucks did with Hughes, Quinn could easily have left after his freshman season but he came back for a second year and became a worlds better player that dominated at that level and has carried it over to a dominant rookie year in the NHL. Blake should be targeting an April 2021 debut for Turcotte.

I dont think he returns to Wisconsin. I actually think his best development path might just be to get some time in Ontario playing against pros. I would love to see both Gabe and Alex centering the top 2 lines there next season... Personally, I think him being in Ontario would allow him to be monitored closely by the Kings, get more conditioning done at El Segundo and just be around pros..

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can see the benefit to either method.

But as much as I think he COULD play in the NHL immediately, I agree with Herby that it's not best, as much as I want some excitement.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think a lot of the potential prospects (Kupari, Turcotte, Vilardi, JAD) will depend on how many players we move on from this current team this season. Of the forwards I think only Toffoli or Lewis are done with the team while guys like Kovalchuk and Carter will be harder to move. So it will probably be a combination of being patient with a couple guys while it also being the case where there simply isn't enough room.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I think a lot of the potential prospects (Kupari, Turcotte, Vilardi, JAD) will depend on how many players we move on from this current team this season. Of the forwards I think only Toffoli or Lewis are done with the team while guys like Kovalchuk and Carter will be harder to move. So it will probably be a combination of being patient with a couple guys while it also being the case where there simply isn't enough room.

I'm ok with this. One thing I really liked about what Lombardi did...he didn't hand any NHL jobs to any rookies or prospects. And thus we have Conn Smythe winner Jonathan Quick over the anointed one, Jonathan Bernier. Although we're real happy with our current group of top prospects, lets be real...none of them are Drew Doughty, the prodigal defensive genius boy. I'm pleased to see us have multiple guys competing for multiple roles on the team, both for the first line and the middle six lines. If anything I'd like to have a glut of defensemen equal to our center prospect corps and maybe another elite goalie prospect to compete with Cal Petersen.

That's why I want another top 10 pick in this year's draft, like so many of the other Kings posters here, so we can get two blue-chippers at two different positions. If we don't get Byfield but walked away with Drysdale and say...Askarov, I'd be tickled pink.

Reactions: YP44

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
XXX-Amadio-Carter
Kempe-Lizotte-XXX
XXX-Prokhorkin-XXX
XXX-XXX
Fill in with the following, Grundstrom, Wagner, Luff, Clifford, JAD, maybe Clifford, Frk, 2020 draft pick, UFA Vet...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad