Post-Game Talk: 5th annual Prospects Challenge set for September 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Beautiful rush up the left boards by Bjork and finishes with a bullseye pass to Lauko in the crowded middle for the first goal.

On the walk off, Andy had to yell and waive to Zech who was nonchalantly chasing the puck back into our own zone. He got the message, moved it up and Bjork made the most of a nice centering pass in the slot.

Leach gave him the “C” and it showed in his confidence and leadership. Studnicka seems to have a level of confidence, too, the way he interacts with his teammates and the coaches. I was seated right behind the Bs bench.

Nice rink. Unusual venue.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
10102014_Froggy_Free_Beer.jpg

They're prospects.

Free soda?

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Here's the thing though...Bjork hasnt played in roughly 9 months. His size and strength for being 23 is only going to take him so far against others. Skill doesn't care about age and to see/hear that Bjork looked good is promising for the time he missed.

Why cant people be hopeful that maybe this is the year he stays healthy and becomes a mainstay on the roster? Kids got the talent to be a top 6 forward.
Oh I’m hopeful wasn’t being negative just my thought and I’m sure the Bruins feel the same way

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Beautiful rush up the left boards by Bjork and finishes with a bullseye pass to Lauko in the crowded middle for the first goal.

On the walk off, Andy had to yell and waive to Zech who was nonchalantly chasing the puck back into our own zone. He got the message, moved it up and Bjork made the most of a nice centering pass in the slot.

Leach gave him the “C” and it showed in his confidence and leadership. Studnicka seems to have a level of confidence, too, the way he interacts with his teammates and the coaches. I was seated right behind the Bs bench.

Nice rink. Unusual venue.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Thanks for the comments. Good to hear from those that are there.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Good for Bjork. I was worried the crosscheck that put him on the shelf would literally kill his chances in the NHL. Good for him.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Here's the thing though...Bjork hasnt played in roughly 9 months. His size and strength for being 23 is only going to take him so far against others. Skill doesn't care about age and to see/hear that Bjork looked good is promising for the time he missed.

Why cant people be hopeful that maybe this is the year he stays healthy and becomes a mainstay on the roster? Kids got the talent to be a top 6 forward.

This is my thinking too. Most players have a little trepidation or uncertainty in the back of their minds coming back from a long injury lay-off, so to see him play freely and show his class first time out is good to see. Of course the real tests are still to come, but it's a step in the right direction.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

How some forget this or blatantly ignore it for The Take.

Glad to read that three of our bigger prospects had good first showings. Hopefully they build on it and roll into camp ready to try and win a spot. Hope to hear some positive things about Steen and Vaakanainen as the tournament goes on. I really cannot wait for Providence this year. They should be very fun to watch.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
BOSTON BRUINS ROOKIE CAMP/PROSPECTS CHALLENGE SCHEDULE
Friday, September 6 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)
-Pittsburgh vs. Boston, 3:30 p.m. (Bos 4 - Pit 3)
-Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m. (Buff 6 - NJ 4 OFFICIAL Devils Game Feed: )

Saturday, September 7 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)
-New Jersey vs. Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m.
-Buffalo vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 8 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)
-Bruins practice, TBD
Monday, September 9 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)
-Boston vs. New Jersey, 9:30 a.m.
-Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh, 12:30 p.m.

BruinsNetwork

I will let @BruinsNetwork tell the Kyle Keyser story. He tells it much better then me.

Story time! Yay!

Keyser saw a ton of rubber yesterday and was all over the place. Not out of place, just covering a lot of ice to compensate for his questionable defense in front of him. He’s a very athletic, explosive player that one.

Unfortunately, he was ran twice during yesterday’s game. Not that it looked malicious, but he definitely got crashed into and went down a little hard. Didn’t seem to hit his head, but looked awkward. He got back up on his own strength both times, the second of which he sprinted off the ice for an extra attacker because he drew a penalty.

Sky’s the limit with Keyser, but the health aspect is a small concern of mine moving forward. I know Dom has plenty to add on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad