Post-Game Talk: 5th annual Prospects Challenge set for September 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He's very tiny, but nothing wrong with trying to see if he fits. Not sure there's a whole lot of room in Providence. They have a lot of players already. We'll see.

A little smaller than Marchand. Looked much like MSL. Without the skill level. Lol. Hope he sticks. Like players that motor like him. Very strong bottom half. Hard to knock of balance. Tough kid. Took a penalty and wouldn’t doubt he had the most hits. Very entertaining player.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
A little smaller than Marchand. Looked much like MSL. Without the skill level. Lol. Hope he sticks. Like players that motor like him. Very strong bottom half. Hard to knock of balance. Tough kid. Took a penalty and wouldn’t doubt he had the most hits. Very entertaining player.

Thanks for the updates. Appreciate them from you and everyone else there!

Reactions: Blowfish

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Cobblestones and ironworks closed. :(. Loved voyer’s game. Lauko impressed me in the fact that he drove the net and also positioned himself in front of net. Wished he used his speed more. I was hoping to see it. He has that effortless skating ability.
Cobblestones on their site says they close at 1am.
Hopefully they impress next game.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Love to hear Steen has looked solid. The questions is, is there room on this team for him to break in at Center if that’s is best position? Wouldn’t mind seeing him on Coyles wing, with some spot time at center/taking draws. I thought that might be best for Studnicka with Krejci eventually.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins don’t have a lot of Gingers- those highly rated top 10 OVERALL HF/draft guru lists that have offsprings like Griffin Reinhart & Alex Nylander

They got a lot of Mary Anne’s though

They will even have a Bergeron, Krejci, or Marchand who ends up an elite player

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Watched the 2nd and 3rd periods (thanks to Angry Milkcrates). Hard to follow because the camera appeared to be about 80 miles from the ice and the Sabre’s announcers were overly chatty and obviously BUF oriented.

From what I saw, liked Lauko and his sandpaper game, Bjork looked really good as did Steen. The B’s D out of sync quite a bit, but not surprising as I believe 3 of the D-men were invites and not regulars?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Jersey had a decent play-by-play and color, had scratched players(Hughes) come in and talk. It was pretty good. There is no reason Boston cant get a couple of people to audition for game calling for free. Heck, nepotism could fill out most of the necessary roles.

But there is no advertisers, so no profit, therefore no one to pay the bill for the cameras.

FYI: Boston looking tough in this game. Frederick has looked like a man playing with boys physically. He has hit smartly and solidly. I think we will see more of him this season as injury season hits late fall.

Well of course there are no advertisers. How can there be when there's no product?

Reactions: JOKER 192

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Well of course there are no advertisers. How can there be when there's no product?

I'm not aware of any other team doing their prospect challenge coverage with any advertisers.(Please correct me if you find one, that would be a great example to show Bruins social media and hope the smell of money gets something done)

Someone has to get some local advertisers in this, people are interested. From the games I've seen so far the attendance has been good. Someone just has to do the footwork and start upsome commerce with this so the costs can be justified.

Someone working for one of the many teams in this league has to take the initiative and set the example, the rest will all follow like dominoes.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Divver did not mention a play by Bjork last night on the PP. He muffed a pass to him on the point resulting in a Buffalo breakaway. Luckily, no harm done.

He made good observations on Steen, though. Should be an exciting season in Rhode Island. And, IMO, Bjork will be in Boston, not Providence, when the final rosters are set.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Divver did not mention a play by Bjork last night on the PP. He muffed a pass to him on the point resulting in a Buffalo breakaway. Luckily, no harm done.

He made good observations on Steen, though. Should be an exciting season in Rhode Island. And, IMO, Bjork will be in Boston, not Providence, when the final rosters are set.
Your thoughts on Lantosi?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Lantosi impressed me with his tenacity and effort. I was going to comment after Friday’s game that he looked better than Steen. He was more involved and back checked effectively. Will be one to watch for the ProBs.
His stats in Europe were impressive
Skating ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->