GDT: #59 - Sabres at Panthers 7PM

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Let this team and staff get crucified in Tampa and then blow it up.
The only time the Sabres ever want to put in any effort is against the good teams where we either win or lose by 1 goal then proceed to lose to everyone below the standings by 3-5 goals.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
The only time the Sabres ever want to put in any effort is against the good teams where we either win or lose by 1 goal then proceed to lose to everyone below the standings by 3-5 goals.
It's likely helping that the good teams are lazy against us. Is that going to hold this time of the year?

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
If you're wondering why we've been so bad the last 3 months, the guy that's played the 4th most minutes of all forwards over that time just scored his first goal in 42 games.

That's a pretty damn good summary of why this team is what I thought it was before the season when I made a last minute change to my preseason prediction, dropping them to 70-75 points.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Wish they would show this fire ON the ice

They could win 10 in a row again, just not with this coach and this roster. After Jack took the penalty he came out flying and raised my Hope's of getting back into the game. Once it was reversed, he went back to lackadaisical passes and slow strides to the bench.

Dont get me wrong, hes one of the best in the game, when he wants to be. Sort of like Malkin in that regard. When hes engaged his unstoppable, just need him to get engaged more often.

Reactions: Rasmi

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I can't be the only one who's seen enough to cut bait with Botterill. The ROR trade and bridging Reinhart aren't enough for you to see he's incompetent? You're waiting to see Skinner go to the UFA market?

I have a bad gut feeling he is gonna overpay to keep Skinner for a million years

Reactions: Ralonzo

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
thank you marty.

so sick of the silver lining bullshit, top to bottom loser mentality. you should be pissed off after that... phil

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
What exactly did he say for all of us who turned our TV's off ala Elvis?

Jack "couple lapses, couple mistakes, end up in the net." (not trying to call out jack for the typical pr answer, it is what it is)

marty "you need to recognize what the issues are, you cant put back to back wins together for the better part of 2 months. your efforts, your play are very inconsistent through even 60 minutes of a game. so when jack is talking "couple mistakes, end up in the back of the net." I think it's a lot more than that, it's a lot more than mistakes. it's flawed, your play is flawed right now: your puck management, your decision making, your coverage, there's a lot of mistakes; your reads. there's a lot of mistakes for the group overall."

and then he basically said phil isnt calling out his guys.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Babcock is not the coach for Toronto, I think he we were the team for him. Housley needs a team like the Maple Leafs who can outscore their mistakes and we need a coach like Babcock who holds players accountable and doesnt put up with shit.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Wish they would show this fire ON the ice

McCabe is someone I ragged on last year for looking lost and emotionally absent. When I see him play on the ice, he's one of the few players I see with mojo lately. I like his words of fire and I hope they permeate. It's the media's job to piss these players off if the coach isn't going to do it for them.

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
I actually get this one. Pominville doesn't look completely and totally inept with Skinner and Jack. That and who then jumps into center for ERod? Don't say Reinhart -- that's never going to happen, apparently.

Whoever steps in for Erod at center at that line is the defacto 4th line since they will get the least ice time. I'd rather have a much more capable player on the top line.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Jack "couple lapses, couple mistakes, end up in the net." (not trying to call out jack for the typical pr answer, it is what it is)

marty "you need to recognize what the issues are, you cant put back to back wins together for the better part of 2 months. your efforts, your play are very inconsistent through even 60 minutes of a game. so when jack is talking "couple mistakes, end up in the back of the net." I think it's a lot more than that, it's a lot more than mistakes. it's flawed, your play is flawed right now: your puck management, your decision making, your coverage, there's a lot of mistakes; your reads. there's a lot of mistakes for the group overall."

and then he basically said phil isnt calling out his guys.

Sounds to me that he's fronting for the players. Making excuses for them. Showing them that he'll run cover for them. A "players coach".

Or maybe he's just scared of them and is a patsy.

I say it's the latter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->