Prospect Info: 58th Joni Ikonen

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For now we just need him to stay healthy all season and then go from there. With all the picks we have, we have seen it's now tougher for Hab draft picks to get signed so he's going to need some kind of season in order to get a contract. The one difference that could help Ikonen vs the CHLers we just lost like Fonstad, etc.. was that he only needs a 2 year ELC due to being 22 (if signed at the end of next season) vs 3 year ELC's for the CHLers.

Not sure how much impact that would have but we'll see how things go for him.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
EX1mpS1XgAIqyUN

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
multiple leg injuries cause scar tissue, never a good thing with a prospect. Plus the time off hurts development. He's a long horse to make it for sure.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Unfortunately, I don't see this guy being signed. His rights expire the summer of 2021. He will be back either end of November or start of December if it all goes as planned.

Reactions: dralaf

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Unfortunately, I don't see this guy being signed. His rights expire the summer of 2021. He will be back either end of November or start of December if it all goes as planned.

That's a real shame, that kid is as snake bitten as they get :shakehead He'll have almost 3 years of complete development vacuum by the time he's up for an ELC, there's just no way he gets a deal now.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That's a real shame, that kid is as snake bitten as they get :shakehead He'll have almost 3 years of complete development vacuum by the time he's up for an ELC, there's just no way he gets a deal now.

Since being drafted, he's played a total of 65 games in three years. And 52 of them were the year after he was drafted. So in the last two years, he's played 13 games.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He’s toast as a prospect. Time to just move on.

His rights expire in summer 2021. That would be the time to decide whether to move on. He may be back in November or December, and can be judged on his play until the summer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

What month do his rights expire?

If there's a development camp in june, may want to see if he's available for that before letting his rights expire.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What month do his rights expire?

If there's a development camp in june, may want to see if he's available for that before letting his rights expire.

Only way I see Habs sign him is if he returns from this injury, lights the world on fire upon his return and stays healthy. Anything other than that, in my opinion, they will not keep him.

Reactions: dralaf and 26Mats

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Fantastic. Just in time for their season to end. Seriously though. This guy is so done.

They play games until April. Then they have the POs which Ilves is pretty much sure to be part in since they have a 18 points cushion.

Hopefully, he can play from February to April+ the POs and impress as he needs to be signed this summer. He would be a welcome addition to Laval if healthy since Verbeek, Pezzetta and Vejdemo could all be on their way out (plus guys like Lucchini, Dauphin and Baddock).

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Another Timmins forward gem.

Was he supposed to predict the guy would have a bunch of long term injuries?

These types of posts arent worth the bathroom tissue I would rub them on.

Theres plenty of valid criticisms, but trying to put Juulsen and Ikonen on Timmins when they have just been destroyed my injuries is a really stupid take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->