Prospect Info: 58th Joni Ikonen

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
A more finesse and skill player than Lehkonen, also I don't think he's quite on Aho's level in IQ (doesn't mean it's bad). Aho also is incredible in protecting the puck for someone his size, which I don't think Ikonen matches. Still, a very nifty and creative player with good potential.

I didn't mean I expect him to become this Aho player but I've had a great feeling about him and his potential. Could be Aho type of steal, so smooth.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I have him at 24!!! even before Poehling. Thats excellent. Just him is enough to make me smile for the whole day

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
From what I read he has hockey sense issues. Hangs on to the puck for too long and can be a turnover machine sometimes. But a skilled player for sure.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
To fully appreciate his game, watch the U18 final (the game is available online). He did not register a point but he was the best player on the ice IMO. Created many chances for his teammates. Skill-level and intensity are really high. This guy will play on our team and be a major contributor.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
From what I read he has hockey sense issues. Hangs on to the puck for too long and can be a turnover machine sometimes. But a skilled player for sure.

ooh that could be a killer. You really don't want to hear that. That could be a maturity thing. Still sounds like a great pick. Lehkonen and Collberg fell in the draft too. Let's hope he ends up like the former and not the latter.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Not that I know much about prospects but he's my favourite pick of this Hab's draft, hopefully he'll pan out!

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Awful hard to teach his shot skill. When you're a shooter, it's not uncommon to hang onto it. He has a great snapper and wrister. Skates well.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He is extremely strong on the puck for a slightly undersized player, and has an remarkable ability to come out of traffic with the puck. He has a deadly shot and one timer and while I could stand to see him move the puck more quickly, when he does, he makes very good plays.

Still, you can't really have a prospect who can amazingly come out with the puck against multiple players and someone who moves the puck quickly. The first thing, which is a big plus, sort of implies that he holds on to the puck.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Lehkonen future teammate. Damn he looks like a 1st round pick to me. Solid skills and what a hockey family too. His father Juha Ikonen had a great hockey career too.

Hope thata the plan. Lehkonen - ikonen combo could be a thing.

Btw Ikonen means "the icon" in swedish could be a great nickname for this potential beauty

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hope thata the plan. Lehkonen - ikonen combo could be a thing.

Btw Ikonen means "the icon" in swedish could be a great nickname for this potential beauty

Let's hope he doesn't come into the Habs' dressing room with "Icon" written on his hockey stick like "N8 the Gr8". :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->