GDT: [#58] Dallas Stars @ Montreal Canadiens, 6:00 PM CST (FSSW, SNE, CITY, TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also, nice of Bishop to flip godmode back on for OT, the weak goals earlier are forgiven.

Thats one of the really good things about Bishop. He lets in some terrible goals but he can refocus and still shut it down when needed or come back extremely strong the next game.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Im pretty sure our record is now .500 after we go down 2-0 in a game.

Meaning in a game we go down 2-0 we are just as likely to win a game as we are to lose. :eek:

I know today was 3-0 making it our 2nd win after being down 3-0 in a game too.

Team is just unrattled after giving up a goal or two.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Wow, Twitter is a pretty angry place right now concerning the officiating in tonight’s game. Didn’t watch the game until 5 mins left in the 3rd—was it really that bad?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wow, Twitter is a pretty angry place right now concerning the officiating in tonight’s game. Didn’t watch the game until 5 mins left in the 3rd—was it really that bad?

Stars got a bit lucky today but i don't think it was worse than anything that happened to us before. Refs just aren't great . Gotta live with that and play through the bad calls. Habs blew that game . Price by the way looks really tired. I think they're running him into the ground.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Think Habs are now upset the ref told Gallagher to go f*** himself after he wouldn't stop running his mouth after the game ended.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Stars got a bit lucky today but i don't think it was worse than anything that happened to us before. Refs just aren't great . Gotta live with that and play through the bad calls. Habs blew that game . Price by the way looks really tired. I think they're running him into the ground.
Makes sense. It’s not like it was 7-0 power plays; only 2-0. As for Price, in some regards I can’t say I blame them; they are paying him $10.5M after all. However, no one wins if he’s run into the ground.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Makes sense. It’s not like it was 7-0 power plays; only 2-0. As for Price, in some regards I can’t say I blame them; they are paying him $10.5M after all. However, no one wins if he’s run into the ground.

Even the best goalie gets tired. Price played by far the most minutes in the league . Almost 300 minutes more than the next guy and its noticeable. If you have to start you #1 for both games of a back to back you are doing something wrong.

I think the goaltending position these days is way more physically taxing now than it was 10-20 or more years ago. You can't play a guy 70 games anymore without noticeable drop in his play.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Calls were 2-0 for Stars. Seems we've had a few games with no PP as well, more early when we were 1-7-1. When you play badly you just get fewer calls, and probably deserve that as well.

Obviously refs weren't in the mood to call a lot, but Stars did probably commit a few uncalled ingractions.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
To the pissed off Habs fans, C'est la vie! Calls or no calls, you blew a three goal lead. Thats on you not the refs. We have had shitty calls all year so deal with it.
Oh, and do you really think that loudly and profanely berating the refs is going to endear you to them? Anger management courses might be a good idea.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Oh, and do you really think that loudly and profanely berating the refs is going to endear you to them? Anger management courses might be a good idea.
The above is aimed at the Habs coaches and players of course. What a terrible example to set for young players about how to treat others such as officials in the game. I think the NHL should throw the book at Julian and Gallagher.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
If Montreal could defend a lead as good as they can complain about the officiating they probably win that game.

The funny thing is the reffing wasn't even that bad, certainly not bad enough to blow a 3 goal lead and blame it on them.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Actually, it's got to affect refs. They are human. How fat the Habs have fallen since they traded Ribeiro for faking an injury. STARS And Gainey traded him again because he berated refs, and they knew it affected calls against. OTT, too.

Sad fact is the teams that blame the refs tend to have loser attitudes anyway. Winners play through bad breaks.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
giphy.gif

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Just noticed Weale and Suzuki were the 2nd and 3rd stars of the game, after Seguin. Weale with a goal, Suze with an assist. I know they are awarded locally, and homerism prevails everywhere, but 2 stars from the losing team? Wonder how often that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad